Why Magufuli administration misses the point on Government splurge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Security forces will never determine the destiny of this nation not now not ever...as intimidation, murder, rape, maiming have limits too...
IMG-20201031-WA0019.jpg

Sent from my SM-A715F using JamiiForums mobile app

Attachments

• IMG-20201031-WA0020.jpg
    IMG-20201031-WA0020.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 3
We have already projected it will take 1000 lives of the youth and about 100 lives of the security forces to bring hapakazitu to a negotiating table...there will be casualties on both sides but CCM will suffer most because of closure of donor help spigots which will lead to tax hikes, wage and recruitment freeze, deep divisions within the military, the rise of Al Shabab, and a very divided nation.....no more miundombinu to brag about because gonna be very penniless, tourism sinking to lowest level, and the dreamliners will sleep and snore...the list is endless.
PSX_20201031_173441.jpg
PSX_20201031_173426.jpg

Ultimately, CCM will submit themselves to the rule of law but the saddest part is after human sacrifices...without that they will keep playing poker games...as much as we urge for a quick, and peaceful reconciliation but we know the avaricious politicians harden their positions every passing second

Tundu Lissu had foreshadowed a day before the bangled elections that NEC CCM will declare hapakazitu won 12m votes, we thought they will prove him wrong well pride did it...so they proved him right that indeed we did it....shocking as it is but this is where CCM finds itself a congregation of thieving politicians without legitimacy from the electorate...the humiliation has just began...wherever CCM goes it will be booed and heckled by the electorate...fighting God never funny...

We urge the police to restrain from intimidating or interfering with peaceful demonstrators it is their constitutional right and teargassing them or shooting live bullets will worsen an already tense situation.. violence never a one-sided affair.

Let them vent out their frustration in peace there will be no bloodshed...

We urge jwtz to withdraw from this election dispute and focus on Al Shabab in Mtwara who before long will begin to occupy large tracts of land. They normally start with sporadic attacks to mobilise the resources then later after successful primitive accumulation they begin taking over land - and, with such a lucrative recruitment ground created by endemic injustices and low regard of human life and dignity...by our security forces expect the worst is yet to come...

You will soon find what it means to despise justice and God: whoever commits injustices it is because he hates God...

Experiences from Mali shows like cancer if not treated it spreads faster and becomes uncontrollable....Let the police collaborate with peaceful demonstrators and ensure peace not confrontations hold sway..

The terrorist organisations such as Al Shabab now find election disputes and the police brutality unleashed against the youth fertile grounds for recruitment...what our security forces fail to understand unless there are justice there will be no peace as Mali is finding out...

The video of Al Shabab slaughter leader said two things which few have taken to heart and considered..."Tanzania tena wako kwenye uchaguzi..na ni wadhulumaji..." he talked about the election and injustices...Two most fertile grounds for terrorist recruitment.. So if you drool to face Al Shabab keep on murdering, raping, sodomizing and maiming our youth ....you are, unwittingly, sending them to Somalia and one day they will return to exact a revenge...what goes around always come around..
If you live by the sword you will be consumed by the sword...

Stop injustices and live in harmony with your neighbour and why should you hurt yourself with fighting the will of God?
If you kill the opposition just prepare yourself to deal with terrorist organisations which are nimbler, stealth and deadly...and they speak a strange language which you will never understand.

Be happy with peace seeking opposition or brace yourself to deal and capsize at the barrel of heartless terrorists.

Guinea is approaching the elections dispute the wrong way and body count will force them out....official opposition is the best way to dwell in harmony but forcing it underground will be venomous to all and never exclude our little ones too will be on the fireline...to close our case we say God had a dissident called Judas Iskrariot...what did God do with him except showering him with tons of love can't you emulate God and escape His wrath which is about to consume you forever?

Fix Your Thoughts

When the British people are asked who the greatest Briton of all time was, Sir Winston Churchill usually tops the poll. If you were to ask an American who the greatest American was, they might reply George Washington or Abraham Lincoln. If you asked a Jew at the start of the first century AD who the greatest Jew was, without a doubt they would have said ‘Moses’. Moses was the supreme figure of their history. He had rescued them from slavery and given them the Law.
The writer of Hebrews describes to Jewish Christians how Jesus is greater than Moses. His argument is that, in spite of the greatness of Moses, Jesus is in a completely different league. Jesus is the ‘centrepiece of everything we believe’ (Hebrews 3:1, MSG); ‘he has been found worthy of honour greater than Moses, just as the builder of a house has greater honour than the house itself’ (v.3). ‘Moses was faithful as a servant’ (v.5); ‘Christ is faithful as a Son over God’s house’ (v.6).
The themes for today’s passages are trouble and distress, testing times, and trials and tribulations. However, you can see in these same scriptures that the secret to dealing with these is to ‘fix your thoughts on Jesus’ (v.1).

Psalm 119:137-144

Trouble and distress

At any given point in our life there is usually some area that causes us trouble and distress. It may be something you yourself are going through, or a family member, or a close friend, or something to do with your work or ministry.
I remember hearing the American pastor, Rick Warren, say how he used to think that life was a series of battles, followed by times of blessing. Now, he thinks of life as being on two tracks – one track is blessing, the other is battle. They run concurrently.
The psalmist certainly went through times of battle: ‘Trouble and distress have come upon me’ (v.143a).
How do we respond? The psalmist’s answer is to keep trusting in the Lord. He keeps on believing that God’s words are ‘fully trustworthy (v.138): ‘your servant loves them… your commands are my delight’ (vv.140,143).
He fixes his thoughts upon the Lord: ‘Righteous are you, O Lord’ (v.137a). The great revelation of the New Testament is that ‘Jesus is the Lord’ (Romans 10:9). He is the one on whom you are to fix your thoughts.

Lord, thank you that in times of trouble and distress I can fix my thoughts on you and trust in your promises.

Hebrews 3:1-19

Times of testing

A faith that has not been tested cannot be trusted. Sooner or later all of us go through times of testing. In these times, the challenge is to stay faithful to God – not to harden our hearts but to keep them soft and tender towards God – to keep on trusting in spite of all the difficulties and challenges to our faith.
During these times of testing, every time you feel like doing the wrong thing but choose to do right, you grow in spiritual maturity, wisdom, character and faithfulness.
‘Moses was faithful’ (v.2). But Jesus, of course, is our supreme example of faithfulness. He went through years of training and times of powerful temptation. Yet he was ‘faithful in everything God gave him to do’ (v.2, MSG).
This letter was written to a group of people who were going through a time of testing and persecution. It was written to encourage them to hold on to their ‘courage’ and ‘hope’ (v.6), inspired by Jesus: ‘Fix your thoughts on Jesus’ (v.1).
In this passage, the writer quotes Psalm 95:7–11 (Hebrews 3:7–11). Interestingly, he does not write, ‘as the Holy Spirit said’ but, ‘as the Holy Spirit says’ (v.7). He clearly believes that the Holy Spirit continues to speak through the Scriptures in a contemporary way to the readers. As you read the Bible, expect the Holy Spirit to speak to you today.
In spite of the great high moment of deliverance from Egypt, the people of God had fallen away in a time of testing in the desert (v.17). This is a warning for us: ‘See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily… so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness’ (vv.12–13).
One of the remedies to unbelief that the writer highlights here is community. He tells them to ‘encourage one another daily’ (v.13). This is why it is so important to be part of Christian community, spending time with other Christians, encouraging one another and building up your faith.
‘Sin’s deceitfulness’ is an interesting expression. Sin is deceptive. If it were not, we would not sin. Sin is usually accompanied with a deceptive label: ‘This isn’t really sin, and it won’t do you any harm anyway.’ But, when we enter in to sin, bad patterns form, our conscience is seared and our hearts become hardened.
At the heart of sin is unbelief. Ever since the Garden of Eden, the deceitfulness of sin has caused us to doubt God’s goodness, his love for us and his word – ‘Did God really say?’ (Genesis 3:1), ‘You will not surely die’ (3:4). You always swallow a lie about God before you swallow forbidden fruit. For us today, it is still the same. If we really believed God’s love for us, his goodness and his word, then we would not fall for sin’s deceitfulness.
Because the people of God kept on complaining, they never entered God’s rest – which was the one thing they wanted. They did not trust God to provide. They were ‘unbelieving’ (Hebrews 3:12). They were not able to enter God’s rest ‘because of their unbelief’ (v.19). When we do not trust God, we lose the peace of God. Find peace by fixing your thoughts on Jesus, trusting him and listening to him as he continues to speak to you through the Scriptures.

Lord, help me today to fix my thoughts on Jesus. Help me not to live in fear and unbelief but in trust and peace.

Joel 1:1-2:17

When disaster strikes

‘When disaster strikes, understanding of God is at risk’, writes Eugene Peterson. There are times when we face unexpected illness or death of someone we love, national catastrophe, social disruption, personal loss, economic uncertainty or the devastation of natural disasters. Peterson continues: ‘It is the task of the prophet to stand up at such moments of catastrophe and clarify who God is and how he acts.’
The prophet Joel describes a time when disaster struck – the great devastation caused by a plague of locusts. This may have been a real event or a vision. There was a plague of locusts that hit Jerusalem in 915 BC. The devastation they caused was extraordinary.
The army of locusts is (without insecticide) unswerving, unstoppable and invincible. It ruins the vineyards, strips the orchards and, as a result, all the crops fail. The livestock then has nothing to eat. The locusts are like a tornado that moves through the land.
‘What a day! Doomsday! God’s Judgment Day has come’ (1:15, MSG). This image of the locusts is picked up in the book of Revelation and used as a description of the tribulations of the final judgment (Revelation 9:7–11).
Jesus himself used the language from Joel 2, ‘The sun and moon are darkened, and the stars no longer shine’ (Joel 2:10; see also Matthew 24:29), in his description of the coming judgment.
What should our response to all this be? None of us like half-hearted apologies – nor does God. He seeks for genuine repentance:
‘It’s not too late –
God’s personal message! –
“Come back to me and really mean it!
Come fasting and weeping, sorry for your sins!”
Change your life, not just your clothes.
Come back to God, your God.
And here’s why: God is kind and merciful.
He takes a deep breath, puts up with a lot,
This most patient god, extravagant in love’ (Joel 2:12–13, MSG).
In the midst of these prophecies of judgment, there is hope. When you turn to God and seek his forgiveness, you no longer have to fear this final judgment. Joel uses the image of a trumpet being blown to herald this day of judgment (v.1).
In the New Testament though, Paul uses this same image to describe how Jesus has conquered death, and made forgiveness and salvation possible – ‘In a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable and we will all be changed… Death has been swallowed up in victory… Thanks be to God! He gives the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ’ (1 Corinthians 15:52–57).

Father, thank you that you are gracious and compassionate, kind and merciful. Help me, as I await with confidence the day of his return, to fix my thoughts on Jesus.

Pippa Adds

Hebrews 3:1
‘… fix your thoughts on Jesus…’
Fixing my thoughts is sometimes like herding cats. My mind tends to be all over the place. Keeping my thoughts ‘fixed’ requires consciously putting aside the ‘to do’ list and tuning in to that ‘still small voice’ of God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
141 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom