Why Magufuli administration misses the point on Government splurge

Status
Not open for further replies.
To show us we are very important unlike His other works of creations He molded us with His own hands and breathed life into us and we became living creatures in His own image. God had to sit down and by doing so He bowed down to the ground to pick soil and molded it with His own hands to an image like Himself....Nowhere else you will read, see or hear the effort God put in His divinely creations works...He did so out of love and value He attaches to humanity. We ought to cease disregarding human life kama kweli sisi tunampenda Mwenyezi Mungu

2 Chronicles 10:1-12:16

Listen to good advice and prophetic words

Rehoboam made a big mistake. The Holy Spirit spoke to him through the elders. They said, ‘If you will be a servant to this people, be considerate of their needs and respond with compassion, work things out with them, they’ll end up doing anything for you’ (10:7, MSG).
Rehoboam made the mistake of rejecting the advice of the elders (v.8). He listened instead to some extremely bad advice from the young men he had grown up with (vv.10–11). He told the people, ‘My father thrashed you with whips; I’ll beat you bloody with chains!’ (v.11b, MSG).
He ‘did not listen to the people’ (v.15). When all Israel saw that ‘the king refused to listen to them’ (v.16), they rebelled.
But God did not give up speaking to Rehoboam. The ‘word of the Lord came to Shemaiah the man of God’ and he was told to go and tell Rehoboam, ‘This is what the Lord says…’ (11:2–4a).
This time the king and the people were unified in listening to the Lord – ‘they obeyed the words of the Lord and turned back from marching against Jeroboam’ (v.4b).
Later, God spoke again through the prophet Shemaiah: ‘God’s word: “You abandoned me; now I abandon you”’ (12:5, MSG). Again, they listened. They ‘humbled themselves and said, “The Lord is just.”’ (v.6). As a result, ‘When the Lord saw that they humbled themselves, this word of the Lord came to Shemaiah: “Since they have humbled themselves, I will not destroy them but will soon give them deliverance…”’ (v.7).

Lord, please give me wisdom in hearing your voice. Help me to learn how to listen to the Holy Spirit.

Pippa Adds

1 Corinthians 14:4
‘Those who speak in a tongue edify themselves.’
When a friend of mine was asked, some years ago, whether she would like the gift of tongues, she replied, ‘If it helps.’ I need all the help I can get. I am so grateful to God for this gift as many times, when I have been unable to articulate what I’m feeling, I have used this gift to pour out what is on my heart.

Verse of the Day

Gossips can’t keep secrets,
so never confide in blabbermouths. (Proverbs 20:19, MSG)

Amen!
1597093249982.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom