Why don’t we africans learn from experiences?

Kasimba G

JF-Expert Member
Jan 19, 2011
There have been so many terrible things that have been happening to our African societies without taking serious notice. It has been a tendency for most of African societies to blame if not authorities then find somewhere where they can throw their blames.

In the American History there has been ups and downs has it have been happening up here, but, the only difference is that our fellows Americans and the rest of the world "except many Africans and middle-easterners” have been very good when it comes to cases of making serious decisions, we normally don’t learn from experiences even if the events repeats itself a million times. Most African societies are not good at rectifying mistakes.

For the Americans the diplomat Can never be appointed as a commanding officer, i.e. A president, I think they might have a very serious and genuine reason for that, a commanding chief is not supposed to have a cut pleasing solution, it should either YES or NO, but for the diplomat things like yes or no for the case of decision making is optional, “it depends”. We should have learned from our fellow for that before making any decision!!

For us Tanzanians we had also fallen into that disastrous trap, we did put in power a diplomat, what did we except? I think on my opinion we are harvesting what we had planted, we have diplomats in our central government, they will never have straight decisions, you know why? Is because they want to cut between lines, they want to be fair for everyone! While the ship is sinking they still have to cut between lines to please everyone.

I think if we are clever enough, have to learn from experiences of Americans and, have to impose something in the mind set of our leaders that will eventually send a wakeup call so that our diplomatic commanding chief shouldn’t be acting like that” I mean be as diplomat as he is”, he has to be a real commanding officer and do things that commanding officers do.

Nawasilisha

Kasimba,

I hear you. But I think you have generalize the problem to include other African countries whereas the real problem is squarely ours. We Tanzanian people have responsible to change the course of our history, and we don't need to wait for other African countries to wake up.

Back
Top Bottom