Who is More Democratic - USA or UK?

Western Democracy: Between these two, who is more democratic than the other?!

• They are equally the same

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both are undemocratic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Steve Dii

JF-Expert Member
Jun 25, 2007
Between these two influential countries, who is more democratic than the other? Any reasons please....

I personally think UK is more democratic than US, sababu mojawapo ni kwamba, wanasiasa wao hawahitaji 'mipesa' ya kiwango cha ajabu ili kuingia bungeni/senate kuwakilisha wananchi compared to US.

You may also cast your vote above, thank you.

SteveD.

Actually from my own point of view USA is more democratic coz of the causes and primaries in getting the most appropriate president but when it comes to UK with the monarchy achumulating the tax Payers money,nah aint democratic to me.

i would like to define the word democratic. 'democratic' means in "Abraham Lincoln" words it is of the people, by the people and for the people. So, the countries which elects their leaders by adult suffrage they are all democratic.In this case both USA and UK are democratic!

It depends on how you define Democracy. I see UK as a parliamentary dictatorship, the UK parliament has absolute powers and it is also a body includes members of executive, judiciary and lawmakers and other knighs, who when they make decisions they become laws. While in US separation of powers are more evident.

A big NO.Zimbabwe,Iran,kenya are those countries democratic.Educate yourself doug.democratic aint made only by that one statement made by Lincoln its made of so many things.Accountability,Openness,A Clear Separation of powers and more other things.Read Civics text book form 2 or 3.

So far, akhsanteni wote, but note that i do not wish to limit the scope of this discussion to election process alone, you are free to venture into other areas, such as credibility in international affairs, cultural influences etc... thanx.

SteveD.

That was what I was actually trying to say here democracy is not only about one statement.

Thanks Steve kwa kutupa uhuru wa kutoa mawazo zaidi. Mimi so far naweza kusema Democracy yenye nguvu zaidi iko Israel na India. Huko kiongozi akipoteza legitimacy hawasubiri miaka mitano kama ilivyo US, wanaondoa tu. Hata kiongozi akiwa mhalifu ndani ya nchi anachukuliwa hatua kama kawaida hili sio rahisi kwa USAna UK! Democracy inaenda mpaka kwenye legal process, na sio head of executive anakuwa mungu mtu hata hahukumiwi akifanya makosa!

I doubte abt the democracy in the USA, if there is then shouldn't Bush be doing what the majority of Americans want? End the war in Iraq, Universal Healthcare, Caring about the Environment, etc.?

Thanks Steve kwa kutupa uhuru wa kutoa mawazo zaidi. Mimi so far naweza kusema Democracy yenye nguvu zaidi iko Israel na India. Huko kiongozi akipoteza legitimacy hawasubiri miaka mitano kama ilivyo US, wanaondoa tu. Hata kiongozi akiwa mhalifu ndani ya nchi anachukuliwa hatua kama kawaida hili sio rahisi kwa USAna UK! Democracy inaenda mpaka kwenye legal process, na sio head of executive anakuwa mungu mtu hata hahukumiwi akifanya makosa!

Bongolander, Israel kwa mambo ya ndani kwao nakubaliana nawe by 98%, sina uhakika na India. Je, Spain na Italy unazionaje?

i would like to define the word democratic. 'democratic' means in "Abraham Lincoln" words it is of the people, by the people and for the people. So, the countries which elects their leaders by adult suffrage they are all democratic.In this case both USA and UK are democratic!

The House of Lords and King/Queen are not elected.

The president of the US and Senators/ Reps are elected.

The unwritten constitution of the UK includes royal prerogatives.

The US is relatively more democratic than the UK.

The House of Lords and King/Queen are not elected.

The president of the US and Senators/ Reps are elected.

The unwritten constitution of the UK includes royal prerogatives.

The US is relatively more democratic than the UK.
what abt the PM'S in the uk?

what abt the PM'S in the uk?

Gordon Brown, who is the current British PM, ascended to that office, nobody voted for Brown to become Prime Minister.

That cannot happen in the US.The only exception was Ford and that was due to the extraordinary circumstances of Watergate.

... I'm having a change of mind through out all these processions to erect Mr. Obama.

... I think USA is more democratic!

... I'm having a change of mind through out all these processions to erect Mr. Obama.

... I think USA is more democratic!

Alaaaa! you are a couple years behind dude. America is a trailblazer. America has given me more than my own country of birth....America is the best dude. I love America.

There is nothing like Democracy in this world my dear.Like you, I was also cheated into believing that there is such thing like Democracy.There isn't.Haya matapeli ya nchi za magharibu yalituletea elimu yao uchwara na sisi kwa ujinga wetu tukameza kama ilivyo bila kuuliza.Kama uko makini utakuwa umeshagundua kwamba hata huko kwao hakuna hicho wanachoita democracy!It is all nonsense.Ni katika harakati zao za kutu-contain tu.Kwa hiyo hata hiyo poll yako haina mantiki yeyote kwa sababu unachofanyia poll ni kitu fake hakina uhalisia.

Between these two influential countries, who is more democratic than the other? Any reasons please....

I personally think UK is more democratic than US, sababu mojawapo ni kwamba, wanasiasa wao hawahitaji 'mipesa' ya kiwango cha ajabu ili kuingia bungeni/senate kuwakilisha wananchi compared to US.

You may also cast your vote above, thank you.

SteveD.

Laiti ndugu yangu ungejua siri ya Amerika,usingesema "You love Amerika".Labda kama ndiyo ninyi mnaotumiwa na Marekani kuwakata wenzenu miguu!

Alaaaa! you are a couple years behind dude. America is a trailblazer. America has given me more than my own country of birth....America is the best dude. I love America.

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom