Who is Caroline Mutoko? Amazing stuff.

simplemind

JF-Expert Member
Apr 10, 2009
Caroline-Mutoko-Beyonce-Knowles-Focus-on-Motherhood_medium.jpg

Monday, October 29, 2012 - Kenyan celebs must be missing their own version of MTV cribs. Controversial Kiss 100's Caroline Mutoko is not one to be left behind when it comes to showing off what she has achieved. As she says it's her sweat anyway.

Recently she posted photos of her classy home with her beautiful garden and mansion at a suburb in Nairobi.

If you haven't seen them circulating in the social media network here they are>>

hao+(1).jpg

garden.jpg

garden2.jpg

http://www.kenyan-post.com/2012/10/photos-kiss-100s-caroline-mutoko.html

kitu poa , jasho lake kasema, hongera zake

No you didnt get my point. I was alluding to her recent controversial political piece to daily post titled A letter from caroline mutuko. I placed an incorrect link.

No you didnt get my point. I was alluding to her recent controversial political piece to daily post titled A letter from caroline mutuko. I placed an incorrect link.

I believe this is what you are talking about...

Caroline-Mutoko-Rika-Image2-e1317899680713.jpg

Dear Caroline,

Now that you're 21, here's what you need to know if you are to survive the next four years without becoming a trainwreck:

1. You are so ignorant; you don't even know what you don't know. Grown (ass) womanhood is a process and is less about age and more about experience and learning from experiences.

2. The things that seem so important right now will not matter in five years. Hell, it may not matter in one. Don't be overwhelmed by the disappointment of rejection or the confusion of it. Everything truly happens for a reason.

3. You are beautiful. Without make up and in the middle of the night and outside of being sexy. You are beautiful, not because a man says so. Tell yourself you are beautiful frequently and abundantly. And mean it!

4. Be kind to yourself. You tend to be so hard on yourself (a gem repeated often by Monica Kanari).

5. You are strong (your capacity of strength is so much wider than you think)… don't waste it.

6. Friendships only matter in quality, not quantity. You will be grateful for the few amazing people who are there when it counts. Don't be friends with someone who is not your friend. It is not worth it.

7. Love yourself more-more than anything else and anyone else. If you don't, no one else will. Don't force yourself into loving anyone. If it's not working in the beginning, it's probably not going to work ever.

8. Don't settle. Life is full of choices, don't ever let anyone talk you out of having standards. You are not picky, or greedy, or unrealistic. You are worth it!

9. Always go home for the holidays. Spend as much time with your family as possible. They know who you are and love you anyway. (In my case because I have a very public job – family is everything).

10. People lie. Don't listen to or believe everything people say (to or about you).

11. Take risks and do things that scare/intimidate/inspire you.

12. The rumours are true: your metabolism does slow down as you get older! That means if you're still eating whatever you want, there's a good chance you'll start to gain an awkward amount of weight. Start to be conscious of what you eat and strive to live a healthier lifestyle.

13. You're going to lose touch with a lot of your friends. With some people, it will be expected but with others it will feel like a punch to the stomach. No friendship is truly safe in your twenties. Don't worry though. You'll end up with the ones that matter. If someone's no longer in your life, it's for a reason.

14. You'll be jealous of everyone who is more successful than you. That's okay. Just transfer that jealousy into something productive, like working really hard so you can one day eclipse them and make them feel jealous of YOU.

15. You'll have a boss who makes you feel like you're nothing. It doesn't have to be in a Devil Wears Prada way. The cruelty can be much more subtle. Don't let them get to you though. They have no idea who the hell you really are and you're probably going to have their job someday so… (I'm living proof of that one).

16. You're going to puke in public. It's fine. No one cares. Just puke.

17. You're going to feel shame. You're going to continue to put yourself in situations that aren't good for you. And then, slowly but surely, it will become less frequent.

18. Loving yourself is hard. Hating yourself is harder.

19. You'll always care about your first love. That doesn't make you crazy, it just makes you human. When relationships end, it's not so cut and dry. You carry everyone you've ever loved into every relationship thereafter, so please stay away from the jerks!

20. You'll enter your twenties as a fashion disaster and (hopefully) leave them looking fantastic. If you don't know how to put yourself together by then, I really don't know what to tell you.

Here is the original Article.
. http://crunkfeministcollective.word...ngs-i-want-to-say-to-my-twentysomething-self/

Caroline Mutoko busted in plagiarism scandal

Thursday, 20 September 2012 10:52

4026a63af062853bf799402d5ce8de9e_M.jpg

Caroline Mutoko's popular column "Mutoko on Monday" is her forum to write a weekly piece on whichever topic she chooses. Last Monday, (3rd September 2012) Caroline wrote a letter to her 20-year-old self. All this seemed to have been inspired by the recent "Campus Divas For Rich Men" facebook scandal. Read the Nairobi Star article here.

(UPDATE: The Nairobi Star deleted Caroline's article, but read the cached copy here.)

Well, in reading the article a few commenters noted that it was plagiarised. So, today, it was broadcast by one Robert Alai, that said 'inspiring letter to my 20-year-old self" was actually lifted word for word off another article published late last year (17th October 2011) on a blog going by "The Crunk Feminist Collection". He provided the link to the original article on his twitter page. Read the article here.

Wow. Compare and contrast. Seems to me that Caroline's 'heartfelt letter' was ACTUALLY copied word for word from the other blog. Coincidence or plagiarism?

Caroline Mutoko busted in plagiarism scandal | Ghafla!Kenya

Back
Top Bottom