Who Are The Richest Kenyans?

Jul 14, 2008
kenyanentrepreneur on Oct 29th 2007

I've always said that its very hard to ascertain the source of wealth of many people in Kenya. For some, I can understand why theyd not want to talk about it, but for those who claim to have made their money honestly, why not talk about it? Its the one thing I admire about entrepreneurs in the west: theyll tell you how they did it and what it took; theyll give speeches, theyll write books, theyll teach classes, etc, etc. Even the newly minted Indian entrepreneurs are beginning to do this. Why not Africans? we hide the money under our beds and guard it with pangas. Why?

Okay. I've cleaned up the list, but its still all pure guesswork on my part.

The Thieves Politicians:

Moi & family ($1.2 billion)

Kenyattas ($400 million)

Biwott ($700 million)

Saitoti ($100 million)

Kibaki ($ 100 million)

Michuki ($100 million)

*Awori ($5 million; how much can you really make selling bricks? & I also dont think Awori stole. or did he?)

Manufacturing:

Chris Kirubi ($10 million)

Manu Chandaria ($10 million)

Naushad Merali ($10 million)

Kuguru Foods ($2 million)

Finance:

Jimnah Mbaru ($5 million)

James Mwangi ($2 million)

Who else?

The Up & Comers:

The Founders of Kencall? ($0, but in 10 years, who knows? do you see them becoming like a Wipro or even an Infosys? hmmmm)

-----------------END----------------------

Du! Wanasiasa wa Kenya nao wako vizuri. Hata hivyo Baba Moi & family ($1.2 billion) inaelekea huenda akawa hajawapiku baadhi ya wanasiasa wetu.

Kazi kweli kweli

Moi & family ni maskini ukiwafananisha na wanasiasa wa Bongo kama Chenge [mzee wa vijisenti] & Rostam Aziz

Back
Top Bottom