When was the last time you checked that your medication is not out of date?

Mzalendo JR

JF-Expert Member
Jun 6, 2012
How many times do you clear out your medicine cabinet? It has been a while since I have done it, but if I remember I try to check the date on medicines before I take them. However, I have found the odd box of painkillers, vitamin tablets and indigestion remedies out of date lingering in the cupboard. This probably means that I have taken the odd out-of-date medicine, but I am still here to tell the tale. It's easy to do if you are in pain or have just remembered to take your medication. But have you made a similar mistake?

How many times do you clear out your medicine cabinet? It has been a while since I have done it, but if I remember I try to check the date on medicines before I take them. However, I have found the odd box of painkillers, vitamin tablets and indigestion remedies out of date lingering in the cupboard. This probably means that I have taken the odd out-of-date medicine, but I am still here to tell the tale. It's easy to do if you are in pain or have just remembered to take your medication. But have you made a similar mistake?

No, I have never done such a mistake! Though it's very common among households! Be careful and read the instructions before you take any medicines. Another common mistake we do: unapewa dawa na pharmacist. Maelezo ya matumizi unaambiwa vidonge 2x3 (anaweka msisitizo kwa kukwambia vidonge 2 kutwa Mara 3). Mtumiaji kwa kufuata hayo maelekezo atatumia vidonge 2 asubuhi, mchana na jioni! It's wrong!!

No, I have never done such a mistake! Though it's very common among households! Be careful and read the instructions before you take any medicines. Another common mistake we do: unapewa dawa na pharmacist. Maelezo ya matumizi unaambiwa vidonge 2x3 (anaweka msisitizo kwa kukwambia vidonge 2 kutwa Mara 3). Mtumiaji kwa kufuata hayo maelekezo atatumia vidonge 2 asubuhi, mchana na jioni! It's wrong!!

Umesema kitu contra sana bro, hii hakuna anaebisha coz hua tunachukulia masaa12 badala ya 24 for a day. Then kuna dawa zetu kutoka maduka ya madawa unakuta Paracetamol anatoa kwenye kopo na kukuuzia, I either way u cant confirm the exp date. Hatari sana sema Mungu tu yu nasi!

Umesema kitu contra sana bro, hii hakuna anaebisha coz hua tunachukulia masaa12 badala ya 24 for a day. Then kuna dawa zetu kutoka maduka ya madawa unakuta Paracetamol anatoa kwenye kopo na kukuuzia, I either way u cant confirm the exp date. Hatari sana sema Mungu tu yu nasi!

Mkuu, soma vzr na uelewe comments! Huu ni uwanja wa kuelimishana na siyo kubishana!

Asee ni kweli, mara nyingi Pharmacist wetu atakwambia 2 kutwa mara tatu, du! kumbe wanatumaliza!!!??

Ushukuriwe ndugu yangu maana hii mada ni very sensitive.

What happened to me is a different case: I was prescribed some malaria tabs and while i was on dose, the second day after taking the dose i completely forgot that i was on dose the in the evening it just happened that there was some cocktail in the office and i took beers. I was chatting with my wife over the phone as i was taking my third beer, and this is when she reminded me that i was on dosage! Kilichofuata sitakisema hapa ila nawasihi wenzangu, let us be careful with our bodies!

I don't have a medicine cabinet 'coz i don't keep medicine in my house. If I get sick I go to the hospital and if I'm not sick enough to warrant a visit to the doctor then I'm not sick enough to need medicine

What happened to me is a different case: I was prescribed some malaria tabs and while i was on dose, the second day after taking the dose i completely forgot that i was on dose the in the evening it just happened that there was some cocktail in the office and i took beers. I was chatting with my wife over the phone as i was taking my third beer, and this is when she reminded me that i was on dosage! Kilichofuata sitakisema hapa ila nawasihi wenzangu, let us be careful with our bodies!

Very common incidence!

Pole sana bro, ila kama ungekua umekunywa Flagil...only a glass would've killed you.

I don't have a medicine cabinet 'coz i don't keep medicine in my house. If I get sick I go to the hospital and if I'm not sick enough to warrant a visit to the doctor then I'm not sick enough to need medicine

Even a first Aid or somethng?