What is the estimated cost (tax) for transfering ownership of a car??

YoungCorporate

JF-Expert Member
Apr 30, 2010
Wakuu, I trust all is well.

Nauliza estimated cost (including services charges) kwa kufanya transfer of ownership of a car. I bought a car from someone who deals with car importation but the registration card issued bears his name as the legal owner even though we have traded and I physically own and use the car. I understand (pls correct me if my understanding is wrong) that in the eyes of the law he is still the owner and his signature/authority will still be needed in time of crisis ( e.g accident, insurance issues, car theft etc).

Anyone with past experience in that please share with me the estimated cost of effecting the changes of name (so does the ownership) in the registration card. I woud llike to use a clearing agent on this.

With thanks

YC

Mkuu kama gari hilo limelipiwa kodi zote na linamilikiwa na mtu kihalali, kwa mwaka 2008 transfer of ownership ilikuwa Tshs. 50,000 tu bila kujali aina ya gari. Sheria zinabadilika badilika kila mwaka wa bajeti kwahiyo sijajuwa kama hili nalo limebadilishwa.

Inategemea na bei unayonunulia na vauation ya tax expert pale TRA, sikumbuki vizuri ila kuna a certain percentage nadhani kama 1% hivi of the sales agrement amount, unajua tax laws changes every year on each time when the finance minister table the budget, so ni vizuri ukawasiliana taxi consultants/experts before you engage yourself in that business, but you must know that ni kosa kumiliki gari kwa jina la mlipakodi mwingine, wao wanasema huo ni ukwepaji kodi(tax evasion &tax avoidance) ukikamatwa unapata penalty na unalipia transfer charges kama kawaida

Back
Top Bottom