We have always tried to explain Kenya's debt situation to some people

Kambalanick

JF-Expert Member
Dec 4, 2014
We have always tried to explain Kenya's debt situation to some people in this forum. Not to claim that we are totally right, because debt is a gamble, we can only discuss based on the odds available.
This is a series of videos from around AUG 2016 to May 2017, all touching on Kenya's debt.

Sustainable is the word.

Hapa hutawaona kwenye mada kama hizi zinazohitaji matumizi ya akili kuzijadili.
Jamaa unapenda sifa weye, wakati sijaona hata wewe hyo akili umeitumia wapi kwenye post yako hii!

BTW, mleta mada nakushauri next time ujitahidi walau hata kuweka summary ya point unayotaka kuiongelea!

Maana yangu ni kuwa, sio wachangiaji wote wako kwenye sehemu ya kuanza kufungua video moja moja na kuskiliza! Mfano, mimi hapa nashindwa kuangalia kutokana na sehemu niliyopo, Kumbe hii habari walau ingeandikwa kiufupi na kuwekewa hzo evidences, ningeweza kuachangia vizuri kabisa!

Jamaa unapenda sifa weye, wakati sijaona hata wewe hyo akili umeitumia wapi kwenye post yako hii!

BTW, mleta mada nakushauri next time ujitahidi walau hata kuweka summary ya point unayotaka kuiongelea!

Maana yangu ni kuwa, sio wachangiaji wote wako kwenye sehemu ya kuanza kufungua video moja moja na kuskiliza! Mfano, mimi hapa nashindwa kuangalia kutokana na sehemu niliyopo, Kumbe hii habari walau ingeandikwa kiufupi na kuwekewa hzo evidences, ningeweza kuachangia vizuri kabisa!
Thank you, I could not though, or it would have been hard summarizing a whole interview. You can watch it when you can. The debt will still be there am sure.

The problem here is having a glass full of debt which you can't afford to tip it left or right. Madeni yamechukuliwa haraka haraka kwajenga project they think they will pay for themselves once there up and running. But if only your 150% sure that all your prediction will come true, kitu ambacho no one can guarantee. Tax revenue have hit the ceiling, sasa zina anza kushuka . It will come the point were you'll have to borrow to service the debt. Which in some cases, I know Kenya has already started to borrow just to clear the arrears.

The problem here is having a glass full of debt which you can't afford to tip it left or right. Madeni yamechukuliwa haraka haraka kwajenga project they think they will pay for themselves once there up and running. But if only your 150% sure that all your prediction will come true, kitu ambacho no one can guarantee. Tax revenue have hit the ceiling, sasa zina anza kushuka . It will come the point were you'll have to borrow to service the debt. Which in some cases, I know Kenya has already started to borrow just to clear the arrears.
Tax revenues have not reduced, and they won't. I don't know where you heard that.
And everyone borrows to service debt, it is actually prudent to do so on some debts... You should have watched at least one video.

I've watched all the videos, some of them are old. I wish you could have five minutes with Rotich akuambie vile jasho inamtoka when the debt matured.

KRA set to miss revenue target, collects Sh989 billion in 10 months
New
You can have a revenue target in say 10 months you want to collect 1 trillion, but you end up collecting 900billion.
Last year say your target was 900 billion but you collected 850 bn... targets are set to help make policy and budget. You said the revenue collection reduced, that is different from missing targets. Kenya's revenue collection has been increasing consistently, it is actually impressive compared to our neighbors or peers. The first video explains all your queries so well. I don't understand why you can not grasp even the basics.

personally I am worried abt this debt thing...the president may have bitten more than he can chew on the SGR...the thing is so damn expensive...by the time it reaches Malaba, it will already have consumed 10 billion USD..therefore, the rail will have to yield positive results upon its completion otherwise it will be useless...and it better...think of how many industries that could have been developed with $10B and the subsequent jobs they would have created...think of the economical impacts of a $10B industrial revolution in Kenya...setting priorities straight should be the number one responsibility of any govt...industries are much more important than some highly-publicized wannabe railway...these were my thoughts back in 2013 be4 the govt commenced construction...Nonetheless, now that it is already here, we might as well get on with it to the end...As the saying goes, we've made our bed, we might as well lie on it...

New
You can have a revenue target in say 10 months you want to collect 1 trillion, but you end up collecting 900billion.
Last year say your target was 900 billion but you collected 850 bn... targets are set to help make policy and budget. You said the revenue collection reduced, that is different from missing targets. Kenya's revenue collection has been increasing consistently, it is actually impressive compared to our neighbors or peers. The first video explains all your queries so well. I don't understand why you can not grasp even the basics.

Hawa wabongo hutia huruma kwa kudhihirisha ulimbukeni wao kwenye masuala ya uongozi na uchumi.
Halafu ving'ang'anizi balaa.
You have explained it so well.

Hawa wabongo hutia huruma kwa kudhihirisha ulimbukeni wao kwenye masuala ya uongozi na uchumi.
Halafu ving'ang'anizi balaa.
You have explained it so well.
:D:D:D dah! umechekesha bro...ila ni kweli...hawa jamaa kwa ubishi huwezi ukawaweza...they must think they are all geniuses ama sijui ni ushabik...

New

Kenya have been collecting below target for last 3 yrs. Kenyatta is lying to you guys, you can't have over 50% debt to GDP ratio and not raising eyebrows. I'm so surprised you actually believe this is suitable. For every Kshs 100 in the economy, Kshs 54 is owed to the creditors. There is no GoK has borrow in history compare to Jubilee gov. You said your better than your neighbors in revenue collection but they are not in debt as you, so the more you collect the more it goes to were it belongs which is creditors. And funny enough, there is no even plan on the table to plug the hole on wastage

Kenya have been collecting below target for last 3 yrs. Kenyatta is lying to you guys, you can't have over 50% debt to GDP ratio and not raising eyebrows. I'm so surprised you actually believe this is suitable. For every Kshs 100 in the economy, Kshs 54 is owed to the creditors. There is no GoK has borrow in history compare to Jubilee gov. You said your better than your neighbors in revenue collection but they are not in debt as you, so the more you collect the more it goes to were it belongs which is creditors. And funny enough, there is no even plan on the table to plug the hole on wastage
America has a debt +500% of the GDP leave alone 50%

personally I am worried abt this debt thing...the president may have bitten more than he can chew on the SGR...the thing is so damn expensive...by the time it reaches Malaba, it will already have consumed 10 billion USD..therefore, the rail will have to yield positive results upon its completion otherwise it will be useless...and it better...think of how many industries that could have been developed with $10B and the subsequent jobs they would have created...think of the economical impacts of a $10B industrial revolution in Kenya...setting priorities straight should be the number one responsibility of any govt...industries are much more important than some highly-publicized wannabe railway...these were my thoughts back in 2013 be4 the govt commenced construction...Nonetheless, now that it is already here, we might as well get on with it to the end...As the saying goes, we've made our bed, we might as well lie on it...
Ok, I know the contract was in Chinese and non of you can read or write in Chinese, allow me to translate for you part of the contract. $10bn is Chinese money, to facilitate Chinese interest and to increase Chinese presents in this part of Africa. And also help Chinese off load it's population to the African Continent. Kenya hamuwezi kupewa hiyo pesa and do as you please, the only options is to suck it up and move on.

Ok, I know the contract was in Chinese and non of you can read or write in Chinese, allow me to translate for you part of the contract. $10bn is Chinese money, to facilitate Chinese interest and to increase Chinese presents in this part of Africa. And also help Chinese off load it's population to the African Continent. Kenya hamuwezi kupewa hiyo pesa and do as you please, the only options is to suck it up and move on.
So, who are you? The messiah? Who is worried about Kenya??

One thing i know, nobody is going to grab you and drag you from Bongo to come and live in Kenya and help pay the dept!!

Soooooo, what was your advice again??

ur not making any sense...

America has a debt +500% of the GDP leave alone 50%
Wow, let's weigh USA vs KE

USA
Gone to the moon
They can cure cancer
There currency dominate the world
They've 11 aircraft Carrier roaming the wold
They have more that over 2000 nuclear war heads
They produce enough food
Jeans is one of there innovation

KE
Produce tea and miraa
Has a little place called Masai mara
Has one port working below average
Has one airline still running on loss
Borrow to its teeth

So, who are you? The messiah? Who is worried about Kenya??

One thing i know, nobody is going to grab you and drag you from Bongo to come and live in Kenya and help pay the dept!!

Soooooo, what was your advice again??
Haha dawa imeingia

Haha dawa imeingia
Mimi Nakuuliza tu!

Iwe kama Tanzania mna akili sana basi, mngekuwa mmezidi Kenya kwa mbali!

Nchi ya Tanzania imebarikiwa kuwa na Climate nzuri madini mengi muhimu, population ya kutosha, shamba kubwa hatari!

Lakini bado Kenya inawashinda!

Hayo mawaidha yenu simjisaidie kuipita Kenya, toa mawaidha hayo kwa viongozi wenu Tanzania ije kuishinda Kenya sababu hapo ndio inatakikana kuwa kulingana na kila kitu mlichonacho.

Ila kwa sasa endelea kutoa mawaidha tu na Rwanda inakuja kuwapita

Back
Top Bottom