We have always tried to explain Kenya's debt situation to some people

ur not making any sense...
Yani hata hii bado huelewi, you were arguing Kenya can do so much with 10bn, but were will get 10bn with the click of the finger kama sio China. And will China give Kenya 10bn ndio mlime kahawa nyingi or mjenge another white elephant airport?? The answer is no, they will only give you money if that money it will go back to stimulate there own economy.

Wow, let's weigh USA vs KE

USA
Gone to the moon
They can cure cancer
There currency dominate the world
They've 11 aircraft Carrier roaming the wold
They have more that over 2000 nuclear war heads
They produce enough food
Jeans is one of there innovation

KE
Produce tea and miraa
Has a little place called Masai mara
Has one port working below average
Has one air still running on loss
Borrow to its teeth
Debt helped them do all that, and that is what Kenya will do when it has 500% Debt to GDP just like America

Yani hata hii bado huelewi, you were arguing Kenya can do so much with 10bn, but were will get 10bn with the click of the finger kama sio China. And will China give Kenya 10bn ndio mlime kahawa nyingi or mjenge another white elephant airport?? The answer is no, they will only give you money if that money it will go back to stimulate there own economy.
sure ur right on that part abt growing their economy..but who mentioned anything abt a white elephant airport? I said the $10B could build industries...all we would need is a market for those products and we would have paid back the loan very fast...a railway is also important too..no one gives loans without their own specific interests...China wants to create a bigger market in Africa for their products and offer jobs to their people abroad...dont you think a wealthier Kenya/Africa is good for China? it is...it doesn't apply only to railways...Kenya is building an industrial park in Naivasha from Chinese loans...what I'm saying is that it does not matter for China what we do with the loans....what matters to them is how we will pay it back plus interest and other related perks...alafu uwache ujinga, Industries in Kenya will also stimulate economic growth for China by growing our middle class and thus widening their market.

Basically, Kenya'
:D:D:D dah! umechekesha bro...ila ni kweli...hawa jamaa kwa ubishi huwezi ukawaweza...they must think they are all geniuses ama sijui ni ushabik...
Kenya's debt is 40bn$ .. What's so hard about that?

I know it is $40B... probably even above that figure...but ur point is?? 40B is not a lot ama what do you mean?
You are the one trying to explain it!! hehehe
The question is, what are you tryna say??Why??

Are you trying to say that Kenya's debt is 20bn$ more than Tanzania's? That's why your GDP is 20bn$ more?
Or, what actually are you trying to tell Tanzanians? We need to borrow more?

Mimi Nakuuliza tu!

Iwe kama Tanzania mna akili sana basi, mngekuwa mmezidi Kenya kwa mbali!

Nchi ya Tanzania imebarikiwa kuwa na Climate nzuri madini mengi muhimu, population ya kutosha, shamba kubwa hatari!

Lakini bado Kenya inawashinda!

Hayo mawaidha yenu simjisaidie kuipita Kenya, toa mawaidha hayo kwa viongozi wenu Tanzania ije kuishinda Kenya sababu hapo ndio inatakikana kuwa kulingana na kila kitu mlichonacho.

Ila kwa sasa endelea kutoa mawaidha tu na Rwanda inakuja kuwapita
Tukiwaabia ukweli mnakataa kutusikiliza, wenzenu tumeamza kusafisha nyumba, hakuna kukopa kusiko na maana, tuna bana ulafi wa wakubwa, na tunarudia mikataba yote ya nyuma. Wawekezaji waongo wote wanafukuzwa kama nzi.

You are the one trying to explain it!! hehehe
The question is, what are you tryna say??Why??

Are you trying to say that Kenya's debt is 20bn$ more than Tanzania's? That's why your GDP is 20bn$ more?
Or, what actually are you trying to tell Tanzanians? We need to borrow more?
answering questions with a question...I give up:D:D who said anything abt TZ borrowing more? where are you Jupiter? plz come back to earth my frend...ama Kiingereza kimekuwa kigumu?

sure ur right on that part abt growing their economy..but who mentioned anything abt a white elephant airport? I said the $10B could build industries...all we would need is a market for those products and we would have paid back the loan very fast...a railway is also important too..no one gives loans without their own specific interests...China wants to create a bigger market in Africa for their products and offer jobs to their people abroad...dont you think a wealthier Kenya/Africa is good for China? it is...it doesn't apply only to railways...Kenya is building an industrial park in Naivasha from Chinese loans...what I'm saying is that it does not matter for China what we do with the loans....what matters to them is how we will pay it back plus interest and other related perks...alafu uwache ujinga, Industries in Kenya will also stimulate economic growth for China by growing our middle class and thus widening their market.
If you go back in history, nchi nyingi za Europe na America wameweza kufika huko walipofika kwa ku apply protectionism. You can only sale your product to Europe and American on there own requirements they set up prices and demand. Can any country in Africa do the same to US or Europe?? I very doubt that This what Trump is arguing with Chinese that they are killing America industry by under cutting the prices. But are you happy the way Chinese are shoving everything including debt down African throat?? What will be next colonize Africa for the second time?

Tukiwaabia ukweli mnakataa kusikiliza, wenzenu tumeamza kusafisha nyumba, hakuna kukopa kusiko na maana, tuna bana ulafi wa wakubwa, na tubarudua mijataba yote ya nyuma. Wawekwzaji waongo wote wanafukuzwa kama nzi.
Basi fanyeni hayo, maana yenu hamjamalizia, itakuaje mparamie ya Kenya? Ile siku tutawaona kileleni tusome number, njoo hapa mtupe maarifa

If you go back in history, nchi nyingi za Europe na America wameweza kufika huko walipofika kwa ku apply protectionism. You can only sale your product to Europe and American on there own requirements they set up prices and demand. Can any country in Africa do the same to US or Europe?? I very doubt that This what Trump is arguing with Chinese that they are killing America industry by under cutting the prices. But are you happy the way Chinese are shoving everything including debt down African throat?? What will be next colonize Africa for the second time?
protectionism wont work for Africa...so how will africa develop withut these much-needed loans from the Chinese? remember most african nations are poor...how will we build industries without funds? we need these loans...on the issue of debt, sustainable debt is not bad...especially hen we can see something good come out of it...think of all the cargo we will be transporting to neighboring nations...Kenya will be the undisputed transport hub of EA..that debt will be paid back with the returns of the project..it will certainly take some time but we will get there

answering questions with a question...I give up:D:D who said anything abt TZ borrowing more? where are you Jupiter? plz come back to earth my frend...ama Kiingereza kimekuwa kigumu?
Hehehe ... speaking of fumes!
My brother, the topic's main body is supposed to explain the Kenyan debt. Now, we all know the debt is over 40bn$. So, tell us why do you think this is so hard to understand for some of us?
Please refer post #11 coming from you.

protectionism wont work for Africa...so how will africa develop withut these much-needed loans from the Chinese? remember most african nations are poor...how will we build industries without funds? we need these loans...on the issue of debt, sustainable debt is not bad...especially hen we can see something good come out of it...think of all the cargo we will be transporting to neighboring nations...Kenya will be the undisputed transport hub of EA..that debt will be paid back with the returns of the project..it will certainly take some time but we will get there
Good question but hapo hapo let's look at how far east countries developed from the impoverished 1960's to wealth countries of millennium. Remember all those counties China, Malaysia, Singapore, Korea, Indonesia etc wakijuwa hawana hata credit worthiness. What did they do, walikuwa na fiscal discipline, education which work not even a better education but just the one to push people to work maana nilikuwa hakuna hela ya research. Waka created market on there own backyard before going to the world. Hawa kuanza from the moon, waneanza hapa hapa na African ikiwa hapa hapa. India wanapeleka satellite to space with no ones help at fraction of the cost. Africa we're poor, but we have everything a man can need to develop. From steel, to rubber, to ceramic, plastics, to Cooper to food and more. We will not be poor forever.

Hivi hawa Wabongo mnaopiga makelele humu, juzi hapa rais wenu amesema alimwomba Zuma akamtafutie hela za kujenga reli, ina maana mumekosa mkopo, sasa imekua ni 'sizitaki mbichi', sisi ambao tunapata mkopo mnatupigia makelele.
Kwa Mchina hamuwezi rudi kuomba maana itakua aibu, sasa mnazunguka mkiomba kote.

Wow, let's weigh USA vs KE

USA
Gone to the moon
They can cure cancer
There currency dominate the world
They've 11 aircraft Carrier roaming the wold
They have more that over 2000 nuclear war heads
They produce enough food
Jeans is one of there innovation

KE
Produce tea and miraa
Has a little place called Masai mara
Has one port working below average
Has one airline still running on loss
Borrow to its teeth
We insist that 50% debt to Gdp ratio is very manageable for a fast growing economy like Kenya.

U shldnt be talking about the Kenya's debt situation as though it is the worst case ever, there are surely several other countries in Africa with much heftier debts, relative to their Gdp, of upto 100%.
Other countries elsewhere in the world are grinding at 250% govt debt to the gdp ratio, i.e. Japan. I wasnt aware about America's 500% debt, I am quite stunned reading that, cos all along I have always assumed Japan has the highest debt relative to the size of its gdp.

Consider that in Kenya, much of that money has been invested into revenue generating projects, rather than being expended on health servicses, education, or paying the civil workforce, the mistake so many countries have been forced, owing to economic substances to make.

I am not saying that health, education, or paying the govt workers are not important and necessary, however, funding for these using borrowed money is very unwise, the country is bound for bankraptcy.

About America, it doesnt matter how powerful it is and what they own or have accomplished. 500%? The size of its debt is extremely immense. Surely, even if they were to liquidate all their assets, their total value would not be equal the 500% of 17.5trln! Tell me what is that number.

America is not too great to collapse.

Hivi hawa Wabongo mnaopiga makelele humu, juzi hapa rais wenu amesema alimwomba Zuma akamtafutie hela za kujenga reli, ina maana mumekosa mkopo, sasa imekua ni 'sizitaki mbichi', sisi ambao tunapata mkopo mnatupigia makelele.
Kwa Mchina hamuwezi rudi kuomba maana itakua aibu, sasa mnazunguka mkiomba kote.
pointi nzuri

Hehehe ... speaking of fumes!
My brother, the topic's main body is supposed to explain the Kenyan debt. Now, we all know the debt is over 40bn$. So, tell us why do you think this is so hard to understand for some of us?
Please refer post #11 coming from you.
TRUE, the debt is $40B or above...I think you understand it pretty well...I also think you do understand that this debt is sustainable and that it will not be a burden for our economy...hope I've answered ur query? anyway, lemme now ask...whats ur take on Kenya's debt? do you think it is sustainable or not? and also do you think the loans being taken will yield any long-term benefits or they will develop into an unsustainable debt and prove to be a strenuous undertaking for our economy?

Good question but hapo hapo let's look at how far east countries developed from the impoverished 1960's to wealth countries of millennium. Remember all those counties China, Malaysia, Singapore, Korea, Indonesia etc wakijuwa hawana hata credit worthiness. What did they do, walikuwa na fiscal discipline, education which work not even a better education but just the one to push people to work maana nilikuwa hakuna hela ya research. Waka created market on there own backyard before going to the world. Hawa kuanza from the moon, waneanza hapa hapa na African ikiwa hapa hapa. India wanapeleka satellite to space with no ones help at fraction of the cost. Africa we're poor, but we have everything a man can need to develop. From steel, to rubber, to ceramic, plastics, to Cooper to food and more. We will not be poor forever.
I agree...but the guy who takes a loan from the bank kujenga ghorofa does it faster than the one who decides to build it with his own income, hard work and sweat...

I said the $10B could build industries...all we would need is a market for those products and we would have paid back the loan very fast...

When you say this, bear in mind that Kenya has signed the EPA agreement, and if the terms remain as they are, there won't be reliable market for such industrial products. because Chiep but quality products from Europe will flood the Kenyan market, and of course the EA!

I think you need to reconsider it!

Back
Top Bottom