Kenya 2022 Waziri wa Mambo ya Ndani akanusha Madai ya Ruto ya kuzima umeme na internet siku ya Uchaguzi

Kenya 2022 General Election

Lady Whistledown

JF-Expert Member
Aug 2, 2021
Fred Matiang’i, Waziri wa Mambo ya Ndani na Uratibu wa Serikali ya Kitaifa nchini humo amesema madai ya Naibu Rais William Ruto ya Serikali kuzima Umeme na Mtandao ili kutekeleza wizi wa kura ni kejeli kwa kuwa wanaunga mkono Tume Huru ya Uchaguzi na Mipaka (IEBC) kuendesha na kufanikisha uchaguzi huru na wa haki

Waziri huyo amewataka Wakenya kupuuza madai ya mipango ya wizi wa kura, na kuwahakikishia kuwa hakuna mtandao au mfumo wa umeme utakaoingiliwa kama alivyodai Naibu Ruto

“Serikali haina nia ya kuingilia mitambo na huduma zinazosaidia uendeshaji wa uchaguzi mkuu. Haitazima Mtandao au kutatiza usambazaji wa umeme,” alisema Matiang’i.

Interior Cabinet Secretary Dr. Fred Matiang’i has rubbished claims made by Deputy President William Ruto alleging a plan by the government to interfere with the conduct of the upcoming August 9th elections.
Terming Ruto’s allegations as cheap and ridiculous, Dr. Matiang’i reiterated the government's commitment to supporting the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) to conduct and deliver free and fair elections.

The CS urged Kenyans to ignore the claims of election rigging plans, further assuring that no internet or power connectivity would be interfered with as alleged by the deputy president.“The Government has no intention of interfering with facilities and utilities that support the conduct of the general elections. It will not shut down the Internet or disrupt power supply,” said Matiang’i.

“People forget that we sit at the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) as a country. We are very respected at ITU. Kenya has taken its place of pride in the ICT sector globally. How would we result to doing such petty things like shut the internet?” posed Matiang’i.

The CS was speaking at the Administration Police Training College (APTC), Embakasi during a media briefing on security for the General Election. He accused the DP and his political allies of diverting pent-up frustration and unnecessary anger at security officers who are only conducting their responsibilities.

“Ignore these pent-up frustrations that are being vented on security officials and chiefs. We are just on the receiving end of some people’s frustration, disappointment and unnecessary anger,” said the CS.

On the issue of National Government Administrative Officers especially Chiefs and their Assistants being allegedly mobilized to rig the polls, Matiang’i said: “These unsubstantiated allegations are consistent with frequent, unfounded, and unconscionable attacks against the Government and public officers by His Excellency the Deputy President.”

Source: CitizenDigital

Fred Matiang’i, Waziri wa Mambo ya Ndani na Uratibu wa Serikali ya Kitaifa nchini humo amesema madai ya Naibu Rais William Ruto ya Serikali kuzima Umeme na Mtandao ili kutekeleza wizi wa kura ni kejeli kwa kuwa wanaunga mkono Tume Huru ya Uchaguzi na Mipaka (IEBC) kuendesha na kufanikisha uchaguzi huru na wa haki

Waziri huyo amewataka Wakenya kupuuza madai ya mipango ya wizi wa kura, na kuwahakikishia kuwa hakuna mtandao au mfumo wa umeme utakaoingiliwa kama alivyodai Naibu Ruto

“Serikali haina nia ya kuingilia mitambo na huduma zinazosaidia uendeshaji wa uchaguzi mkuu. Haitazima Mtandao au kutatiza usambazaji wa umeme,” alisema Matiang’i.

Interior Cabinet Secretary Dr. Fred Matiang’i has rubbished claims made by Deputy President William Ruto alleging a plan by the government to interfere with the conduct of the upcoming August 9th elections.
Terming Ruto’s allegations as cheap and ridiculous, Dr. Matiang’i reiterated the government's commitment to supporting the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) to conduct and deliver free and fair elections.

The CS urged Kenyans to ignore the claims of election rigging plans, further assuring that no internet or power connectivity would be interfered with as alleged by the deputy president.“The Government has no intention of interfering with facilities and utilities that support the conduct of the general elections. It will not shut down the Internet or disrupt power supply,” said Matiang’i.

“People forget that we sit at the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) as a country. We are very respected at ITU. Kenya has taken its place of pride in the ICT sector globally. How would we result to doing such petty things like shut the internet?” posed Matiang’i.

The CS was speaking at the Administration Police Training College (APTC), Embakasi during a media briefing on security for the General Election. He accused the DP and his political allies of diverting pent-up frustration and unnecessary anger at security officers who are only conducting their responsibilities.

“Ignore these pent-up frustrations that are being vented on security officials and chiefs. We are just on the receiving end of some people’s frustration, disappointment and unnecessary anger,” said the CS.

On the issue of National Government Administrative Officers especially Chiefs and their Assistants being allegedly mobilized to rig the polls, Matiang’i said: “These unsubstantiated allegations are consistent with frequent, unfounded, and unconscionable attacks against the Government and public officers by His Excellency the Deputy President.”

Source: CitizenDigital
Safi

Back
Top Bottom