JAMANI WANAJAMII HABARI ZENU? MTANISAMEHE, KWANI HII NDIYO THREAD YANGU YA KWANZA LKN INA HABARI NZITO KIDOGO. KUNA NDUGU YANGU ANASOMA DEGREE YA UZAMIVU UJERUMANI KWA USHIRIKIANO WA SERIKALI YA TANZANIA NA UJERUMANI. LKN HALI YAO IMEKUWA MBAYA SANA, KWANI SERIKALI YA TANZANIA IMESHINDWA KUWATUMIA PESA MPAKA SASA. HIVYO BAADHI YAO TAYARI WAMEFUKUZWA KWENYE VYUMBA NA HATA PESA YA KULA HAWANA KWASABABU HAWAJUTUMIWA PESA TOKA MWISHO WA MWEZI WA DECEMBER 2011. HIVYO, HALI ZAO NI MBAYA SANA, CHUONI MAMBO HAYAENDI NA WENGINE MPAKA SASA HAWAJAFANYA REGISTRATION KWASABABU NAYO INAHITAJI PESA. MBAYA ZAIDI, KUNA BAADHI YAO WANA FAMILIA ZAO IKIWA NI PAMOJA NA WAKE/WAUME PAMOJA NA WATOTO WAO. SOMA HIYO BARUA ILI UONE ADHA WALIYONAYO NAYO NDUGU ZETU HAWA. HIYO BARUA ILITUMWA TOKA JUZI KWA DVCs, PS WA WIZARA YA ELIMU, WENYEVITI WA VYAMA VYA KITAALUMA LKN MPAKA SASA INAONEKANA UFUMBUZI HAUJAPATIKANA. NA SERIKALI YA UJERUMANI, WAO PART YAO MKATABA WANATIMIZA BILA SHIDA YOYOTE. Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academics),University of Dar es Salaam, P. O. Box 35052, Dar es SalaamDeputy Principal Academics, DUCE,P.O. Box 2329 Dar es Salaam.Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgThe Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academics),University of Dodoma,P.O Box 259, Dodoma,email@example.comThe Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academics),Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA),P.O. Box 3000, Morogoro, TanzaniaEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgMZUMBE, Prof. Josephat S. ItikaP.O. Box 1,MzumbeTel.255 023 260 4381/3/4Fax 255 (0) 23 260 4257E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.orgZANZIBAR, The Deputy Vice Chancellor, The State University of Zanzibar, P.O. Box 146, Zanzibar. Tel: +255 24 223 0724 Fax: +255 24 223 3337 E-mail: email@example.com MUHIMBILI (MUHAS)Vice Chancellor P.O. Box 65001, Dar es Salaam, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academics),Ardhi University, P. O. Box 35176, Dar es SalaamDear Sir/Madam, RE: OVERDELAY OF OUR MONTHLY ALLOWANCES FROM TCU/MOEVT Kindly refer to the above heading. We are the employees of the University of Dar es Salaam, DUCE, Dodoma, Sokoine, Mzumbe, Zanzibar and the Open University of Tanzania pursuing doctorate degrees in Germany under co-sponsorship of Ministry of Education and Vocational Training (through Tanzania Commission for Universities) and German Academic Exchange Programme (MOEVT-DAAD). The scholarship contract stipulates that DAAD pays 20% of our stipend and MOEVT pays the remaining 80%. DAAD transfers the amount into our personal bank accounts every beginning of the month; and MOEVT in three months instalments. We write to bring to your attention the challenges; we as scholars under this cooperation agreement are encountering on the implementation of the contract terms, with hope that you will assist us in communicating our problems to the relevant authorities. The distance between us and the authorities at home makes it impossible for us to make a close follow up of the matter. There have been recurring delays in disbursing the stipend from TCU into our accounts despite having discussed the problem several times with the responsible coordinators (TCU).Please note that, the first instance occurred in September 2010, when our three months instalment for October 2010 to December 2010 was delayed up to 15[SUP]th[/SUP] October 2010; and another delay for June 2011 to September 2011 instalment which was affected as late as 12[SUP]th[/SUP] June 2011. We would like to bring to your attention that we have not yet received the three months stipend instalment from MOEVT for January 2012 - March 2012, which was supposed to be disbursed into our bank accounts by the end of December 2011. We have communicated with both MOEVT through TCU and DAAD concerning this problem though we have not received any comprehensive response so far. In our previous discussions over the delays, TCU promised that the delay would never happen again: and hence, that it has now recurred suggests that the sustainable solution is not yet realized. As we are writing this letter, we are facing hardship and embarrassment of living without money to meet our basic needs such as food and inability to meet our basic monthly bills. As a result, landlords have already started taking measures against our rent defaults, and such measures do not exclude possibilities of eviction. As we are now in winter season, eviction could be fatal. As you might be aware, some of us are accompanied by their families and are now in the middle of January without any financial security for their lives. Moreover, others have been given deadlines by their landlords to pay their bills; failure to comply would lead to the calling of debt collectors. We therefore kindly ask you to help us solve this problem; as we are confident that you are in a position to do so and therefore enable us to concentrate better on our studies. We remain sincerely, TCU-DAAD scholars cc. Tanzania Commission for Universities P. O Box 6562, Dar es Salaam.