WADAU TUJIELIMISHE: Kazi za Mamlaka ya Mawasiliano Tanzania ni zipi?

N'yadikwa

JF-Expert Member
Aug 10, 2014
Sheria iliyoianzisha Mamlaka hii imetamka kazi za TCRA kama zinavyoainishwa hapa chini: –

1. Kutoa leseni, kuongeza muda wa leseni na kufuta leseni pale ambapo masharti ya leseni husika hayakufuatwa;

2. Kuweka viwango kwa bidhaa na huduma zinazosimamiwa;

3. Kuweka viwango, kanuni na masharti ya kusambaza bidhaa na huduma zinazosimamiwa;

4. Kudhibiti viwango na bei ya jumla ya mawasiliano kati ya mitandao.

KIFUNGU CHA 6 CHA SHERIA YA TCRA KIMEFAFANUA KAZI ZA MAMLAKA HIYO:

The functions of the Authority shall be:-

(a) to perform the functions conferred on the Authority by sector legislation;

(b) subject to sector legislation -

(i) to issue, renew and cancel licences;

(ii) to establish standards for regulated goods and regulated services;

(iii) to establish standards for the terms and conditions of supply of the regulated goods and services;

(iv) to regulate rates and charges;

(v) to make rules for carrying out the purposes and provisions of this Act and the sector legislation;

(c) to monitor the performance of the regulated sectors including in relation to -
(i) levels of investment;

(ii) availability, quality and standards of services;

(iii) the cost of services;

(iv) the efficiency of production and distribution of services, and

(v) other matters relevant to the Authority;

(d) to facilitate the resolution of complaints and disputes;

(e) to take over and continue carrying out the functions formerly ofthe Tanzania Communications Commission and Tanzania Broad-casting Commission;

(f) to disseminate information about matters relevant to the functionsof the Authority;

(g) to consult with other regulatory authorities or bodies or institutionsdischarging functions similar to those of the Authority in theUnited Republic of Tanzania and elsewhere;

(h) to administer this Act;

(i) to perform such other functions as may be conferred on the Authority by this Act or any other law.

Back
Top Bottom