Video shows Minneapolis cop with knee on neck of motionless, moaning man who later died

George Floyd
IMG_20200530_085544_420.jpg

Bora police hao wanaoua hadharani, watu wamepaza sauti na hatua zimechukuliwa. Tanpol wakikuteka hupatikani tena, unakuwa chakula Cha chatu.

Mbona umeanzisha threads nyingi zenye content ile ile usiku huu. Lala ukue.

======

A video taken by an onlooker Monday evening shows a Minneapolis police officer keeping his knee on the neck of a motionless, moaning man at the foot of a squad car. The man, who was later identified as George Floyd, later died.

Tuesday afternoon, Minneapolis Police Chief Medaria Arradondo announced that four officers involved are now "former employees" with the department, CBS Minnesota reports. Mayor Jacob Frey tweeted, "Four responding MPD officers involved in the death of George Floyd have been terminated. This is the right call."

A police statement said officers were responding to a "forgery in progress." "Officers were advised that the suspect was sitting on top of a blue car and appeared to be under the influence," the statement said. "Two officers arrived and located the suspect, a male believed to be in his 40s, in his car. He was ordered to step from his car.

"After he got out, he physically resisted officers. Officers were able to get the suspect into handcuffs and noted he appeared to be suffering medical distress. Officers called for an ambulance," according to the statement.

The man died soon after, the statement said, adding: "At no time were weapons of any type used by anyone involved in this incident. … Body worn cameras were on and activated during this incident."

Arradondo said at a press conference Tuesday that the FBI will lead the investigation into the incident due to the possible civil rights violation.

The man who died was identified as George Floyd by Ben Crump, a prominent civil rights and personal injury attorney who said he had been hired by Floyd's family.

"We all watched the horrific death of George Floyd on video as witnesses begged the police officer to take him into the police car and get off his neck," Crump said in a statement. "This abusive, excessive and inhumane use of force cost the life of a man who was being detained by the police for questioning about a non-violent charge."

Two of the officers involved have been "relieved of duty status," Arradondo said. The officers are still receiving pay, but have no law enforcement duties.

The video, captured by Darnella Frazier, begins with the man, who is black, groaning and repeatedly saying "I can't breathe" to the officer who has his knee on the man's neck. The officer is white.

"Please," the man pleads. "I can't breathe," and continues to moan. An officer keeps insisting he get in the car, while the man repeatedly says he can't.

"My stomach hurts. My neck hurts. Everything hurts. … (I need) water or something. Please. Please. I can't breathe, officer. … I cannot breathe. I cannot breathe." That was followed by more groaning.

Screen grab from video captured on evening of May 25, 2020, by onlooker Darnella Frazier shows Minneapolis police officer with knee on neck of forgery suspect.
©Provided by CBS News Screen grab from video captured on evening of May 25, 2020, by onlooker Darnella Frazier shows Minneapolis police officer with knee on neck of "forgery" suspect.
A female bystander points out the subject's nose is bleeding.

In an ongoing commentary permeated by cursing, a male onlooker says: "That's bulls**t, Bro. You're stopping his breathing right there, Bro. Get him off the ground, Bro. You're being a bum right now."

The man says the officer is "enjoying that. He's a bum, Bro. You could have put him in the car by now. He's not resisting arrest or nothing. You're enjoying it. Look at you. Your body language — you bum. You know that's bogus right now."

The female onlooker repeatedly urges the officers to check the subject's pulse. "He's not responsive right now," a bystander says. "He's not moving." An ambulance then arrives and takes the man away.

"You just really killed that man, Bro," the male onlooker says to the officer.

Frazier, who took the video, wrote on Facebook: "They killed him right in front of cup foods over south on 38th and Chicago!! No type of sympathy 💔💔#POLICEBRUTALITY."

Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey called the man's death "simply awful," and "wrong at every level" at the press conference Tuesday.

"For the better part of the night I've been trying to find the words to describe what happened and all I keep coming back to is that he should not have died," Frey said.

"What we saw was horrible, completely and utterly messed up," he said. "This man's life matters, he matters. He was someone's son, someone's family member, someone's friend. He was a human being and his life mattered."

Vipi umewahi hoji kwenye chama chako policcm waliomuuwa aquilini, Allen Mbeya kwann wanaendelea na kazi.

Tuwe wakweli.

US askari akishafanya hivi atashtakiwa, kisha kutokana na ushahidi uliopo na sheria zao atahukumiwa mfano kesi ya Rodney King.

Nchi za Afrika askari akiua tarajia atakingiwa kifua na hata mahakamani asifike.

So in Us hakuna aliye juu ya sheria (ingredient muhimu ya demokrasia) kwa bara letu ni kinyume chake. Hivyo ni sawa tu kusema wapo mbele kutuzidi kidemokrasia.
True case study waliomuuwa aqulini na Allen mbeya,waliofungulia geti magaidi wa area D still wapo kazini Hadi kesho Sasa USA na nchi ya wasiojulikana wapi kuna ugaidi?

Attachments

• tanzania-police-brutality.jpg
    tanzania-police-brutality.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 1
  • bg4.png
    bg4.png
    321.5 KB · Views: 1
  • daudi-mwangosi-remains.jpg
    daudi-mwangosi-remains.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 1
  • police-Brutality-1.jpg
    police-Brutality-1.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 1
Ubaguzi ni suala binafsi na hulka ya mtu na si sera ya taifa lolote,Jamii yeyeto isiyofanana Ina silika ya kubaguana kidini,kirangi, kiimani,kiitikadi nk

So wakati unalaani ukatili wa polisi USA usiache kulaani polisi wa Africa pia Kama killing machine's

Attachments

• tanzania-police-brutality.jpg
    tanzania-police-brutality.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 1
  • kenya-violence-police_0.jpg
    kenya-violence-police_0.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 1
  • bg4.png
    bg4.png
    321.5 KB · Views: 1
  • ETGD4eHWoAIgxpL.jpg
    ETGD4eHWoAIgxpL.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Daudi.jpg
    Daudi.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 1
  • police-brutality-kenya.jpg
    police-brutality-kenya.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1
  • daudi-mwangosi-remains.jpg
    daudi-mwangosi-remains.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 1
  • kenyaviolence1_051816051717.jpg
    kenyaviolence1_051816051717.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 1
  • brtsap.jpg
    brtsap.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 1
  • bekkersdal-01.png
    bekkersdal-01.png
    194.7 KB · Views: 1
  • zimbabwe-police.jpg
    zimbabwe-police.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1
  • zimbabwe-police(2).jpg
    zimbabwe-police(2).jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1
  • Screen-Shot-2015-03-13-at-10.03.02-PM-1024x650-1024x650.png
    Screen-Shot-2015-03-13-at-10.03.02-PM-1024x650-1024x650.png
    207.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Police-1.jpg
    Police-1.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 396D7A51-FC7A-430A-B9F9-ECEF0C8C1319.jpg
    396D7A51-FC7A-430A-B9F9-ECEF0C8C1319.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 1
  • e552Rpx9j8573b81671a00002f00c28b8c.jpeg
    e552Rpx9j8573b81671a00002f00c28b8c.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1
  • cop(1).jpg
    cop(1).jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Police-kick-child.jpg
    Police-kick-child.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Ug+police.jpg
    Ug+police.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 31kenya.3.jpg
    31kenya.3.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1
Tuwe wakweli.

US askari akishafanya hivi atashtakiwa, kisha kutokana na ushahidi uliopo na sheria zao atahukumiwa mfano kesi ya Rodney King.

Nchi za Afrika askari akiua tarajia atakingiwa kifua na hata mahakamani asifike.

So in Us hakuna aliye juu ya sheria (ingredient muhimu ya demokrasia) kwa bara letu ni kinyume chake. Hivyo ni sawa tu kusema wapo mbele kutuzidi kidemokrasia.
Huna ujualo. Tanzania hakuna askari waliofukuzwa kazi kwa makosa mbalimbali? Tunaona ya weupe ni mema kiasi cha kutoona ya kwetu.

======

A video taken by an onlooker Monday evening shows a Minneapolis police officer keeping his knee on the neck of a motionless, moaning man at the foot of a squad car. The man, who was later identified as George Floyd, later died.

Tuesday afternoon, Minneapolis Police Chief Medaria Arradondo announced that four officers involved are now "former employees" with the department, CBS Minnesota reports. Mayor Jacob Frey tweeted, "Four responding MPD officers involved in the death of George Floyd have been terminated. This is the right call."

A police statement said officers were responding to a "forgery in progress." "Officers were advised that the suspect was sitting on top of a blue car and appeared to be under the influence," the statement said. "Two officers arrived and located the suspect, a male believed to be in his 40s, in his car. He was ordered to step from his car.

"After he got out, he physically resisted officers. Officers were able to get the suspect into handcuffs and noted he appeared to be suffering medical distress. Officers called for an ambulance," according to the statement.

The man died soon after, the statement said, adding: "At no time were weapons of any type used by anyone involved in this incident. … Body worn cameras were on and activated during this incident."

Arradondo said at a press conference Tuesday that the FBI will lead the investigation into the incident due to the possible civil rights violation.

The man who died was identified as George Floyd by Ben Crump, a prominent civil rights and personal injury attorney who said he had been hired by Floyd's family.

"We all watched the horrific death of George Floyd on video as witnesses begged the police officer to take him into the police car and get off his neck," Crump said in a statement. "This abusive, excessive and inhumane use of force cost the life of a man who was being detained by the police for questioning about a non-violent charge."

Two of the officers involved have been "relieved of duty status," Arradondo said. The officers are still receiving pay, but have no law enforcement duties.

The video, captured by Darnella Frazier, begins with the man, who is black, groaning and repeatedly saying "I can't breathe" to the officer who has his knee on the man's neck. The officer is white.

"Please," the man pleads. "I can't breathe," and continues to moan. An officer keeps insisting he get in the car, while the man repeatedly says he can't.

"My stomach hurts. My neck hurts. Everything hurts. … (I need) water or something. Please. Please. I can't breathe, officer. … I cannot breathe. I cannot breathe." That was followed by more groaning.

Screen grab from video captured on evening of May 25, 2020, by onlooker Darnella Frazier shows Minneapolis police officer with knee on neck of forgery suspect.
©Provided by CBS News Screen grab from video captured on evening of May 25, 2020, by onlooker Darnella Frazier shows Minneapolis police officer with knee on neck of "forgery" suspect.
A female bystander points out the subject's nose is bleeding.

In an ongoing commentary permeated by cursing, a male onlooker says: "That's bulls**t, Bro. You're stopping his breathing right there, Bro. Get him off the ground, Bro. You're being a bum right now."

The man says the officer is "enjoying that. He's a bum, Bro. You could have put him in the car by now. He's not resisting arrest or nothing. You're enjoying it. Look at you. Your body language — you bum. You know that's bogus right now."

The female onlooker repeatedly urges the officers to check the subject's pulse. "He's not responsive right now," a bystander says. "He's not moving." An ambulance then arrives and takes the man away.

"You just really killed that man, Bro," the male onlooker says to the officer.

Frazier, who took the video, wrote on Facebook: "They killed him right in front of cup foods over south on 38th and Chicago!! No type of sympathy 💔💔#POLICEBRUTALITY."

Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey called the man's death "simply awful," and "wrong at every level" at the press conference Tuesday.

"For the better part of the night I've been trying to find the words to describe what happened and all I keep coming back to is that he should not have died," Frey said.

"What we saw was horrible, completely and utterly messed up," he said. "This man's life matters, he matters. He was someone's son, someone's family member, someone's friend. He was a human being and his life mattered."

Eti hao ni Watetezi wa Haki za Binadamu. Nyie mnaojiita Human rights watch stuka mnayoyafanya mnasaidia kulinda maslahi ya Marekani.

Huna ujualo. Tanzania hakuna askari waliofukuzwa kazi kwa makosa mbalimbali? Tunaona ya weupe ni mema kiasi cha kutoona ya kwetu.
Tustick na makosa ya kuua au kujeruhi kisa kutumia excessive force unnecessary while on duty. Makosa mbalimbali ndiyo kitu gani?

Kwahiyo waweza ongelea juu ya kifo cha Mwangosi, Aquilina n.k.

Tustick na makosa ya kuua au kujeruhi kisa kutumia excessive force unnecessary while on duty. Makosa mbalimbali ndiyo kitu gani?

Kwahiyo waweza ongelea juu ya kifo cha Mwangosi, Aquilina n.k.
Ujinga wa CHADEMA wa kutaka umaarufu ndo chanzo cha vifo vya Acqulina na Mwangosi.
Kama kiongozi siwezi kukubali mburura wanisumbue na kunidharau.
Trump leo anatangaza kutumia jeshi kuzima maandamano bado mtasema yuko sahihi ila angekuwa Magufuli mngesema hakuna demokrasia. Tuache upumbavu wa kushabikia ya wenzetu na kudharau yetu. Chanzo cha dharau na kiburi cha CHADEMA ni Marekani na ndo wafadhili wao wakubwa kifedha na sera.
Marekani haina demokrasia zaidi ya ubabe na kuvuruga mataifa mengine ili Marekani ibaki kuwa superpower.
Hakika Mungu ameona udhalimu na ufedhuli wao, kawapa adhabu stahiki toka corona hadi maandamano. Hata cha kutufundisha tena. Alimdharau Magufuli lakini amejikuta anafuata mfano wake na yale aliyotabiri hayajatokea.
Wakeup Africans and think about Africa.

1 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom