USA ambassador to Kenya supports coal power for Kenya!

kirk git

JF-Expert Member
Jan 24, 2018
@CizarinaMusic @HusseinMohamedg @citizentvkenya Yes Mars wrigley is one of them. Kenya needs a larger less costly base load of power first. Coal is the cleanest least costly option. Investors will come.

@JerotichSeii @CizarinaMusic @HusseinMohamedg @citizentvkenya Be careful where you get your information. I tend to not see highly paid protestors as credible. This is a debate I am more than willing and able to have. From IL, been in the mines, in the power plants, accessed cost of plants and power. Ready at any time it is appropriate.

America uses coal, their economy is built on coal..I see no problem here..The only thing the ambassador does not want to address is wherether kenya needs such a plant when already there is close to 500MW idle capacity

These days coal is clean. Solar and wind is not a substitute for coal! I repeat, not a substitute! Only substitutes are hydro, geothermal or nuclear for base load.
Highly paid protesters are making the people of Lamu miss out on development based on lies.
And they had planned to bring up the power in stages, starting at 200mw to ease the payments.

America uses coal, their economy is built on coal..I see no problem here..The only thing the ambassador does not want to address is wherether kenya needs such a plant when already there is close to 500MW idle capacity
Add to that 168 MW coming onboard next month at Ol Karia v

@CizarinaMusic @HusseinMohamedg @citizentvkenya Yes Mars wrigley is one of them. Kenya needs a larger less costly base load of power first. Coal is the cleanest least costly option. Investors will come.

we need more GEO its way cleaner than Coal

Back
Top Bottom