US Singer & Actress Whitney Houston Dies Aged 48

Young+Whitney+Houston+is+seen+pictured+with+mother+Cissy+Houston+circa+1979+

<figure class="inline-image ">
A+young+Whitney+Houston+pictured+in+1973
<figcaption>1973: Whitney grew up as the youngest of three in Newark, New Jersey. Here, at the age of 10, Whitney was already performing in the junior gospel choir</figcaption> Rex </figure>
Young+Whitney+Houston+is+seen+pictured+with+mother+Cissy+Houston+circa+1979+
<figcaption>1979: Whitney's mother Cissy was a notable gospel singer and close friends with Aretha Franklin, who taught Whitney how to perform</figcaption> Getty </figure>
A+young+Whitney+Houston+pictured+during+a+portrait+session+circa+1979+
<figcaption>1979: Whitney juggled singing with her studies at a Catholic girls school in New Jersey</figcaption> Getty </figure>
Whitney+Houston+is+seen+pictured+with+mother+Cissy+Houston+circa+1979
<figcaption>1979: Whitney spent her teen years accompanying mum Cissy on nightclub tours, occasionally joining her on stage</figcaption> Getty </figure>
<figure class="inline-image portrait">
Whitney+Houston+circa+1985
<figcaption>1985: Whitney was spotted by a photographer in the early 80s and went on to model for Cosmopolitan, Glamour and Young Miss. She also appeared on many TV adverts.</figcaption> Rex </figure>
Whitney+Houston+in+her+London+Hotel%2C+after+appearing+on+the+BBC%27s+%27Wogan%27+show%2C+March+1988
<figcaption>1985: Whitney signed with mentor Clive Davis's label in 1983, but didn't release debut album 'Whitney Houston' until 1985</figcaption> PA </figure>
Whitney+Houston+belts+out+a+song+during+her+segment+of+a+benefit+concert+at+Boston+Garden%2C+May+1986
<figcaption>1986: Whitney's album was nominated for a Grammy and the her first singles All At Once and Saving All My Love For You dominated the charts</figcaption> AP </figure>
Whitney+Houston+at+Nelson+Mandela+Concert%2C+June+1988
<figcaption>1988: Whitney performs at the Nelson Mandela Concert as a huge super star</figcaption> DailyMirror </figure>
Whitney+Houston+performs+in+Britain%2C+April+1988
<figcaption>1988: Whitney was fast becoming a music sensation, releasing Greatest Love Of All and filling huge arenas with fans. The following year, she meets Bobby Brown.</figcaption> DailyMirror </figure>
Whitney+Houston+starring+in+The+Bodyguard%2C+1992
<figcaption>1992: Whitney crosses over into acting, starring in Hollywood blockbuster The Bodyguard</figcaption> WarnerBros </figure>
<figcaption>1992: Whitney sings during the Bodyguard, which made the star even more famous</figcaption> Rex/WarnerBros </figure>
Whitney+Houston+with+Kevin+Costner+in+The+Bodyguard%2C+1992
<figcaption>1992: Whitney and Kevin Costner on the set of The Bodyguard, which represented a successful move into acting</figcaption> WarnerBros </figure>
<figcaption>1992: Whitney's releases iconic hit I Will Always Love You (and wins a Razzie for Worst Actress for her role in The Bodyguard)</figcaption> </figure>
Whitney+Houston+in+the+film+Waiting+to+Exhale%2C+1995
<figcaption>1995: Whitney's acting career continues with a leading role in Waiting To Exhale</figcaption> Rex </figure>
spl358415_001.jpg
<figcaption>1994: Whitney appeared to have a happy family life with husband Bobby Brown with their daughter Bobbi Kristen</figcaption> </figure>
Whitney+Houston+in+the+film+Cinderella%2C+1997
<figcaption>1997: Whitney stars in the film Cinderalla, although it doesn't experience similar success to her earlier films</figcaption> </figure>
Muhammad+Ali+is+given+the+Courage+Award+by+singer+Whitney+Houston+at+the+GQ+Men+of+the+Year+awards+show%2C+October+1998+
<figcaption>1998: Whitney has the honour of giving Muhammad Ali the Courage Award at the GQ Awards</figcaption> Reuters </figure>
Bobby+Brown+hugging+his+wife+Whitney+Houston%2C+at+a+gala+reception%2C+November+12%2C+1999
<figcaption>1999: Whitney and Bobby's relationship appeared to be on the rocks, although the couple were very much in love</figcaption> PA </figure>
Whitney+Houston+performs+%22It%27s+Not+Right%2C+But+It%27s+Okay%22+at+the+13th+annual+Soul+Train+Music+Awards%2C+Friday%2C+March+26%2C+1999
<figcaption>1998: Whitney releases My Love In Your Love, her first studio album in eight years. It marked a change of direction towards R&B and dance and was highly praised across the world</figcaption> AP </figure>
Whitney+Houston+performs+with+Mary+J+Blige+during+the+VH1+television+network%27s+broadcast+concert+Diva%27s+Live+99+at+New+York%27s+Beacon+Theatre%2C+April+1999
<figcaption>1999: Whitney performs at VH1's Diva's Live with Mary J Blige</figcaption> Reuters </figure>
Whitney+Houston+and+Mariah+Carey+sing+the+nominated+song+%22When+You+Believe%2C%22+at+the+71st+Annual+Academy+Awards%2C+March+1999
<figcaption>1999: Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey perform their hit duet When You Believe at the Annual Academy Awards</figcaption> Reuters </figure>
Whitney+Houston+with+Emma+Bunton%2C+David+and+Victoria+Beckham+at+the+Wembley+Arena+in+1999+
<figcaption>1999: The Spice Girls and David Beckham bumped into Whitney Houston backstage at Wembley Arena</figcaption> DailyMirror </figure>
Whitney+Houston+displays+her+Bambi+media+award%2C+1999
<figcaption>1999: Whitney Houston wins a Bambi Award for album Your Love Is My Love</figcaption> </figure>
Whitney+Houston+on+stage+in+Hamberg%2C+September+1999+
<figcaption>2000: Whitney releases her Greatest Hits album</figcaption> DailyMirror </figure>
Whitney+Houston+and+Bobby+Brown+arrive+at+the+MTV+Europe+awards+in+Dublin%2C+November+1999
<figcaption>2000: While her career was souring, Whitney's personal life was another story. Rumours of drug usage between the couple were reported</figcaption> Reuters </figure>
Whitney+Houston+performing+at+Michael+Jackson%27s+%2230th+Anniversary+Celebration%2C+The+Solo+Years%22++at+New+York%27s+Madison+Square+Garden%2C+September+7%2C+2001
<figcaption>2001: Whitney lost a great deal of weight and began acting erratically, missing interviews and being late for shows</figcaption> Reuters </figure>
Whitney+Houston+with+husband+Bobby+Brown+in+2003
<figcaption>2003: Whtiney's marriage was plagued with problems, with Bobby being arrested for misdemeanor battery for allegedly beating her in late 2003. However, the singer stood by her man.</figcaption> Rex </figure>
Whitney+Houston+crys+as+she+prays+in+the+Church+of+the+Holy+Sepulchre+in+Jerusalem%27s+Old+City+May+28%2C+2003
<figcaption>2003: Whitney shocked the nation by her skinny appearance and weird behaviour in Jerusalem</figcaption> reuters </figure>
Israeli+Prime+Minister+Ariel+Sharon+smiles+as+he+meets+with+American+singer+Whitney+Houston+in+Jerusalem+May+27%2C+2003
<figcaption>2003: Whitney meets Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon during her trip to Jerusalem</figcaption> Reuters </figure>
Whitney+Houston+sticks+her+tongue+out+at+Bobby+Brown+during+a+court+hearing%2C+November+25%2C+2002
<figcaption>2004: Bobby was arrested and jailed in Georgia on a parole violation related to a previous drunk driving conviction</figcaption> AP </figure>
Whitney+Houston+and+her+husband+Bobby+Brown+relax+in+a+swimming+pool+at+a+hotel+near+the+Dead+Sea+May+30%2C+2003
<figcaption>2004: Whitney stood by her man, going onto appear in a reality show Being Bobby Brown, which was trashed in the States</figcaption> Reuters </figure>
Whitney+Houston+had+to+delay+24+hours+a+concert+in+Barcelona+because+of+gastroenteritis%2C+February+2005
<figcaption>2005: The world was growing used to Whitney's erratic behaviour, with the star delaying a concert in Barcelona by 24 hours due to illness</figcaption> BigPictures </figure>
spl357031_006.jpg
<figcaption>2006: After 15 years together, Whitney finds the strength to leave husband Bobby Brown and vows to get her life back on track</figcaption> </figure>
Whitney+Houston+fans+feared+for+the+singer%27s+weight+throughout+her+career
<figcaption>2007: Whitney appears at a party in Hollywood, appearing healthy after finalising her divorce</figcaption> Rex </figure>
rexfeatures_1012204c.jpg
<figcaption>2009: Whitney brings out her comeback album I Look To You and promotes it around the world. Here she performs on German TV</figcaption> </figure>
ecsImgrexfeatures_1017203ae-3914889072433699588.jpg
<figcaption>2009: Whitney performs number one single Million Dollar Bill on The X Factor. Although she looked happy and healthy, Whitney's vocals were weak</figcaption> </figure>
Whitney+Houston+performs+live+during+a+concert+at+the+O2+World+on+May+12%2C+2010
<figcaption>2010: Whitney performs a series of concerts, although her lateness and poor vocals led to her being booed off the stage</figcaption> Getty </figure>
Whitney+Houston+and+Kelly+Price+share+the+stage+at+the+Kelly+Price+%26+Friends+Unplugged
<figcaption>2012: Whitney's last ever performance as she shared the stage at the Kelly Price & Friends Unplugged in LA</figcaption> Getty </figure>
Whitney+Houston+and+Kelly+Price+share+the+stage+at+the+Kelly+Price+%26+Friends+Unplugged
<figcaption>2012: Whitney looked happy on stage, although appeared to be behaving a little strangely, sweating profusely and bleeding</figcaption> Getty </figure>
Whitney+Houston+was+unrecognisable+as+she+left+club+Tru+in+Hollywood+two+days+before+she+died+
<figcaption>2012: Whitney was unrecognisable as she left the Hollywood club on February 9</figcaption> Rex </figure>
spl358847_001.jpg
<figcaption>2012: Whitney is found dead at The Beverly Hilton hotel on February 11, aged 48</figcaption> </figure>
The+fourth+floor+of+the+Beverly+Hills+Hotel%2C+where+Whitney+Houston+is+believed+to+have+died+
<figcaption>2012: The fourth floor of the Beverly Hills Hotel, where Whitney Houston died, a day before her appearance at the Grammys</figcaption> Rex </figure>
Flower+tributes+are+left+at+the+Beverly+Hilton+Hotel+in+the+early+hours+of+February+12%2C+2012
<figcaption>2012: Floral tributes are left outside the Beverly Hilton Hotel in the early hours of February 12</figcaption> </figure>

• 13 Feb 2012 04:08
  • Comments
  • default-avatar.jpg
  • By Beverley Knight

[h=1]Whitney was a huge influence on female singers[/h] When I woke up and saw the tweets that Whitney had died, I felt sick

<figure class="clearfix">
GL765869.jpg
<figcaption>Inspiration: Whitney inspired Beverley Knight and many others</figcaption> </figure>

When I woke up and saw the tweets that Whitney had died, I felt sick. I was in tears &#8211; I had followed her from the beginning.
I remember the first time I saw the video for Saving All My Love for You, on Top of the Pops. I was transfixed. I screamed to my sisters: "You've got to hear her." I got discovered singing that song.
At school, children asked me to sing her songs. I ended up performing Greatest Love of All at assembly, aged 14. Even at university, the rugby lads would ask me to do some of her numbers.
I never met Whitney but you cannot underestimate her *influence on just about every female singer since 1985 &#8211; me included.
She popularised the vocal ad-lib, then Mariah Carey came along &#8211; Mariah owes a lot to her. Whitney stopped the industry in its tracks overnight.
As a model and one of the first black artists since Michael Jackson, her appeal was worldwide. She did not sing up there with the dolphins, like Mariah. It was her power that was so memorable. No one could sustain a note as long as that.
Her stunning voice will be her legacy &#8211; I think she shows it best on Exhale (Shoop Shoop) and You Give Good Love. Those who did not like her music may focus on the controversy and drug problems, but her voice transcends all that.

article-2099983-11B707F6000005DC-636_964x648.jpg
The last days of a star: Whitney Houston sweats profusely and appears dishevelled as she leaves the Tru Hollywood nightclub on Thursday night. She partied with a large group of friends before 'clashing' with security guards, right, then being driven away to her hotel, where she died yesterday afternoon

article-2100018-11B0A5FF000005DC-391_964x681.jpg

Nakumbuka hii, ilitoke 2010 UK, Nikajuwa basi tena.

[h=2]Whitney Houston Azomewa[/h]
Whitney Houston world tour crashes into UK

Whitney Houston was booed by fans as she played her first live date in the UK in over a decade.

The US pop superstar belatedly kicked off the European leg of her comeback world tour at the LG Arena in Birmingham last night.

But the show has come under fire over the quality of her vocals and an extended costume change which saw the singer leave the stage and her brother take over.

"It's the worst concert I've ever been to in my life," complained one fan after the concert, while another said there was "too much talking and not enough singing".

"I could hear you getting p***ed off," Whitney told fans when she finally resumed the gig after a 20-minute absence.

Her ‘Nothing But Love' tour has already been blighted by problems, with a string of shows postponed on doctor's orders.

Last week's opening date in Paris, France had to be cancelled when Houston succumbed to an upper respiratory infection

source: booed | dailymusic

Reports say there was not enough water in her lungs to drown her

Tragic Whitney Houston did not drown but died of a cocktail of prescription drugs and alcohol, US reports said today. The singer's family is understood to have been told by coroners that she may well have been dead before slipping underwater in her bath, according to showbiz website TMZ. Whitney, 48, was said to have been found in the tub at her hotel by her aunt Mary Jones, who tried in vain to revive her. Half a dozen bottles of prescription drugs like those used by Michael Jackson were found in her suite in Beverly Hills.

Kuna sehemu nimeitoa hii comments..sio yangu

"**** the media! That woman was so strong! She did a comeback for herself, her child and her fans and what? everybody was criticizing her and Jesus how can people forget so easily that this woman is A LEGEND! she is not gaga she is not britney she is WHITNEY HOUSTON!&#65279; A strong black lady who deserves some respect here, who gave her all to give us wonderful songs to listen to still in 2012!!!! **** MEDIA THEY ARE THE ONES WHO DESTROY ARTIST'S LIVES! WHITNEY HOUSTON NEVER FORGOTTEN"

Mpaka lini watawauwa wasanii weusi na kuwaexploit? Kila siku wanajidai ni drugs, hali hii mpaka lini? Hebu tufunguke jamani.

i knew it,kajiua mwenyewe maskini
frustrations!huyu mwanamke asingeweza kurudi kwenye hali ya kawaida,from the time she devorce with bobby brown kashahangaika sana ku revive ilishindikana,she was in so much love with bobby and she lost everything for him,and bobby knew the truth and continue to use her in every chance he get,wameachana boby kaendelea na life yake kwa demu mwingine na whitney kaishia hapo alip
oishia.
so sad

Back
Top Bottom