Unyoneshaji maziwa ya mama wazua balaa huko majuu: Mwandishi aukandia!

Bassanda

May 14, 2009
An article in a magazine for new mothers that described breastfeeding as "creepy" has drawn widespread criticism. Mother & Baby Magazine's deputy editor Kathryn Blundell said she bottle fed because she did not want to put her "fun bags" in a "bawling baby's mouth". Breastfeeding is seen as the optimum way to nourish a baby in the first six months. Critics say the article could have put off vulnerable mothers. Mother & Baby magazine is read by thousands of pregnant and new mothers, with many looking to it for advice on how to manage early motherhood.

'Dangling boobs'
Although she acknowledges breast milk has the edge over infant formula, Ms Blundell says in her article that she did not "fancy it" and went straight to bottle feeding.
She adds: "Even the convenience and supposed health benefits of breast milk couldn't induce me to stick my nipple into a bawling baby's mouth." She goes on to say that she wanted her "body back" and to give her "boobs at least a chance to stay on my chest rather than dangling around my stomach". Of her breasts, she adds: "They're part of my sexuality too - not just breasts, but fun bags. "And when you have that attitude (and I admit I made no attempt to change it), seeing your baby latching on where only a lover has been before feels, well, a little creepy." The article in the July issue of the magazine has drawn criticism on many parenting websites.

Attachments

• bresatfeeding.jpg
    bresatfeeding.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 36
0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom