Unyanyasaji wa Kimtandao: Seneta Gloria Orwoba afikiria kuachana na Twitter

beth

JF-Expert Member
Aug 19, 2012
Seneta Gloria Orwoba wa nchini Kenya amesema anafikiria kuachana na Mtandao wa Twitter kutokana na Unyanyasaji wa Kimtandao. Ameeleza, "Hili suala la kuwa na ngozi ngumu HAPANA! Sisi ni Binadamu"

Kwa Mtazamo wako, Unyanyasaji/Uonevu ni sababu mojawapo inayopelekea baadhi ya Viongozi kuepuka Mitandao? Unadhani Mitandao imewaleta pamoja zaidi Wananchi na Viongozi wao?

======

Nominated Senator Gloria Orwoba says she is considering leaving Twitter due to internet bullies who have descended on her since Tuesday’s incident where she was ejected from a Senate plenary for wearing what seemed to be blood-stained pants.

Senator Orwoba had attended the session in the stained pair of white trousers in what she said were efforts to raise awareness on menstrual hygiene and end “period shame.”

In Thursday morning interview with Hot 96, the legislator said she had been on the receiving end of “intense” abuse from people on Twitter.

“This thing of having a thick skin, no! We are human beings. In fact, I am contemplating leaving Twitter. That whole cyber-bullying thing I will leave to Nyamu (Nominated Senator Karen Nyamu). She knows how to deal with it,” Orwaba said.

She said although Senator Nyamu, who herself has had her fair share of online backlash, had advised her to soldier on, the bullies were “getting to her”.

“I was talking to Senator Nyamu about it and she said no (to her leaving Twitter). She said the moment you get through it and cross to the other side no one can tell you anything. But it is intense and it gets to you. I won’t lie that I don’t care because it really gets to me,” said Orwaba.

Senator Orwoba’s attire caused drama in the House after her fellow nominated counterpart Tabitha Mutinda raised the matter on the floor of the Senator, seeking directions from Speaker Amason Kingi on the dress code.

Senator Mutinda described Orwoba’s dressing as “inappropriate” and “indecent”, going ahead to even assert that she was disturbed as a fellow woman.

Among those who have however voiced support for the senator are Nairobi Governor Johnson Sakaja, who in a tweet on Wednesday termed the legislator’s move as “bold and provocative.”

The county boss vowed to support menstrual hygiene across the city.

“Senator Gloria Orwoba. That was bold and provocative. To change some things you must make people uncomfortable and you did! I’ll do my part in Nairobi for our girls,” he wrote.

In response, Orwaba has praised Sakaja for “understanding what is happening” and challenged him to take up the cause in the capital.

“Kudos to Sakaja. We need men like those who understand what is happening to be part of the conversation. I hope he allocates something in their county budget towards menstrual health,” she said on Thursday.

Orwaba further noted that men need education on menstrual health from the women in their families to understand the challenges they go through.

“We need to educate people a bit more. I am not saying they are stupid, I am saying it is understandable that they wouldn’t know about periods. I would say to them try to be understanding. Maybe sit down your daughters and wives and have a candid conversation,” she said.

In her view, the topic is received with hostility because a majority of men still do not understand what exactly women go through.

“There are many men who just disappear for days when their partners say they are on their periods, and return to ask if it is over. They need to ask their lovers, how do exactly you feel and what do you use? They can learn from a first-hand experience and when they speak it will be from an informed position,” Orwoba said

Source: Citizen TV

Daima usilikimbie tatizo, pambana nalo tu na utashinda
Kuna mtu humu kutwa analeta nyuzi anatukanwa lakini yumo tu mpaka tumemkubali mwisho ( sicheki)

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom