Unleash your Potential(Motivation), Mindset Mastery and Insights on Self-Improvement

-
“How long are you going to wait before you demand the best for yourself and in no instance bypass the discriminations of reason? You have been given the principles that you ought to endorse, and you have endorsed them.

What kind of teacher, then, are you still waiting for in order to refer your self - improvement to him? You are no longer a boy, but a full - grown man.

If you are careless and lazy now and keep putting things off and always deferring the day after which you will attend to yourself, you will not notice that you are making no progress, but you will live and die as someone quite ordinary.

From now on, then, resolve to live as a grown - up who is making progress, and make whatever you think best a law that you never set aside.

And whenever you encounter anything that is difficult or pleasurable, or highly or lowly regarded, remember that the contest is now: you are at the Olympic Games, you cannot wait any longer, and that your progress is wrecked or preserved by a single day and a single event.

That is how Socrates fulfilled himself by attending to nothing except reason in everything he encountered.

And you, although you are not yet a Socrates, should live as someone who at least wants to be a Socrates.”
-
By Epictetus

-
“If you can cut yourself - your mind - free of what other people do and say, of what you've said or done, of the things that you're afraid will happen, the impositions of the body that contains you and the breath within, and what the whirling chaos sweeps in from outside, so that the mind is freed from fate, brought to clarity, and lives life on its own recognizance - doing what's right, accepting what happens, and speaking the truth - If you can cut free of impressions that cling to the mind, free of the future and the past - can make yourself, as Empedocles says, 'a sphere rejoicing in its perfect stillness,' and concentrate on living what can be lived (which means the present) … then you can spend the time you have left in tranquillity. And in kindness. And at peace with the spirit within you.”
-
By Marcus Aurelius.

-
“Kindness is unconquerable, so long as it is without flattery or hypocrisy. For what can the most insolent man do to you, if you contrive to be kind to him, and if you have the chance gently advise and calmly show him what is right…and point this out tactfully and from a universal perspective. But you must not do this with sarcasm or reproach, but lovingly and without anger in your soul.”
-
By Marcus Aurelius

-
The problem is not people being uneducated.
The problem is that people are educated just enough to believe what they have been taught, and not educated enough to question anything from what they have been taught.
-

-
A middle aged married man just told me:

"Wait 10 years until you have a wife and kids and a house and are miserable"

I told him "DO NOT put that energy on me. That will never be my attitude toward life"

He was shocked I didn't just agree with him like most guys my age do.
-

-
The more disconnected we are from our hearts, the more we gravitate towards shaming, projecting, judging and being hard on ourselves & others. This toxic behaviour is addictive & contagious, creates cycles of exhaustion and unconsciously promotes the worst kind of energy vampire.
-

-
“If the gods have determined about me and about the things which must happen to me, they have determined well, for it is not easy even to imagine a deity without forethought; and as to doing me harm, why should they have any desire towards that? For what advantage would result to them from this or to the whole, which is the special object of their providence? But if they have not determined about me individually, they have certainly determined about the whole at least, and the things which happen by way of sequence in this general arrangement I ought to accept with pleasure and to be content with them.”
-
By. Marcus Aurelius.

-
“Men are disturbed not by the things that happen, but by their opinion of the things that happen.”
-
By Marcus Aurelius.

Back
Top Bottom