Unakumbuka? - Miaka 10 Baadaye..

Mzee Mwanakijiji

Platinum Member
Mar 10, 2006
10yearslater.jpg

What do you remember about that day and your thoughts....

I remember the first thing that I said was "no they didn't!"...

I was in Nairobi then and five minutes away from the US embassy, but I felt the earthquake and lost many good friends there!!

nakumbuka nilikuwa shule wakati huo, pale mitaa ya ikulu, nikasikia jengo likitikisika, ni hadi pale wakati wa kurudi nyumbani ndipo nikajua there is something wrong, kwani barabara ilikuwa imefungwa na maaskari walikuwa wametanda everywhere, watu kwenye bus wakaanza kusema kuwa kuna taarifa pia kenya mambo ni hivyo hivyo, ingawa nilikuwa mdogo nikajisemea....dunia yetu imekuwaje! nilikuwa na enjoy kuwaangalia wale US Marine na mabarricade yao though, katika siku zilizofuata baada ya tukio.

Nakumbuka nilikuwa kwenye daladala natokea Muhimbili nilipokuwa nimekwenda kucheck afya yangu..... then nikasikia habari hiyo but unfortunately kila mtu alikuwa anasema lake......... very sad

And it was my best friend's Birthday!!
What a day......

wote waliokufa walikuwa ni watanzania, kama sijakosea idadi yao ilikuwa ni 11.

Nakumbuka nilikuwa darasani, tulikuwa tumetoka katika Break saa nne na robo...maeneo ya Makao Makuu ya JKT...Upanga.

Kishindo kilitikisa haswa na shule haikuendelea tena maana wote tulitoka madarasani na kushuka chini na hakuna aliyekuwa anataka kurudi darasani kumalizia masomo. Mpaka leo nikifikiria kile kishindo cha Bomu moja huwa nafikiria NCHI ambazo zipo vitani, mabomu yanalipuka mara kwa mara...

Sio jamboa la kuombea litokee karibu na wewe.

Nilikuwa kwenye daladala natokea Mwenge nakwenda mjini. Kilichonishangaza ni watu wa Dar kukimbilia huko kwenye mlipuko.

Nilikuwa kwenye daladala natokea Mwenge nakwenda mjini. Kilichonishangaza ni watu wa Dar kukimbilia huko kwenye mlipuko.

Nilikuwa kwenye basi natokea mkoani, ila ambacho sitasahau siku hiyo ni mahojiano ya moja kwa moja muda mfupi baadae ya BBC na dochivelle yaliyo kuwa yakirushwa moja kwa moja wakimuhoji PM Sumaye alipotoa 'u zero' wake kwa kukanusha maramoja kwamba haiwezekani watanzania hawahusiki! kwa vile hatuna tabia hiyo! so simple like that.

Sikuamini nilicho kuwa nikikisikiliza kwamba ni maelezo ya waziri mwenye dhamana ya kuongea badala ya watz wote!

Nilikuwa maeneo ya Sinza kwa Mori...Mshindo niliusikia na pia najiuliza huko Iraki na kwingineko maisha ni vipi kama kuna ile simultaneously successions of exploding IED'S Ama hata Rocket propelled grenades etc etc...Hapo bado huja include suicide bombers...Ambao saa nyingine ni watoto na wanawake..
Ni balaa...Mtu asikubali VITA labda viwe vya kugombea UHURU.

10th Anniversary of the August 7, 1998 attack on the U.S. Embassy
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
August 7, 2008
Remarks "as prepared" by Ambassador Mark Green

Distinguished Guests
Members of the American Embassy Community
Our Most Special Guests – The family members of the victims,
Ladies and Gentlemen:

Karibuni. Welcome. It is good to see all of you. It is fitting that you're here because on this day in particular, this isn't the American Embassy – it's the people's embassy.

This is a place where all peace loving people can feel at home. It's a place that still remembers what suffering extremism can cause, but also symbolizes what friendship and shared values can bring forth from the ashes. A place that won't forget the past, but won't be held captive to it either.

As you all know, ten years ago, not far from here, a terrorist driving an explosive-filled truck detonated his vehicle outside the former U.S. Embassy building. The explosion killed 11 people and injured nearly 100 others. The French, Nigerian and Algerian Embassies were also damaged in the blast. But it wasn't just embassies: other buildings, including a children's day care center across the street, were damaged as well. The attack was evil and senseless, and the victims were innocent.

Apparently this murder and destruction wasn't enough to satisfy Al-Qaeda because almost simultaneous with the bombing here was an attack in Nairobi. There, 218 innocent people were killed and almost five thousand were injured.

The victims of the brutal attack here in Tanzania were fathers, brothers, sons, husbands; and a wife with a beautiful smile that everyone still remembers today. Those who were murdered here were Tanzanian, Kenyan, and Somalian, and they left behind devoted and heartbroken families. They lost their lives serving the U.S. mission, and of course, for that, we Americans owe a debt of gratitude that can never fully be repaid.

Earlier this week, one of our great Tanzanian employees, who was injured in the attack, was heard to say, "Every time I pass by that building, I think of our colleagues who died. They will always be a part of me. Not a day goes by that I don't think of them. But at the same time that we remember them, we have to continue on."

And so we have continued on, Tanzanians and Americans together.

Another Tanzanian colleague recently mentioned that after he was injured, his colleagues became his extended family, supporting him through recovery and even making up many of the guests at his wedding.

So if the terrorists' goal that day was to break the ties that bind together the American and Tanzanian peoples, they completely and utterly failed.

From moments after the blast, when our brave friends and neighbors arrived on the scene to assist the injured, to the solidarity and sense of family we feel sitting together today, our friendship is deeper and stronger, and more unshakeable with each passing day.

If the goal of those attacks was to scare us into retreat and surrender, they achieved just the opposite.

Security and investigation forces from the U.S. and Tanzania have worked side by side from the day of the attack through today . . . and tomorrow. We are continuing to hunt down and pursue all those responsible for these bombings. Our counter-terrorism capabilities are stronger than ever.

If the terrorists' goal that day was to force America and others to walk away from our commitment to Tanzania, away from our pledge to help Tanzanian leaders lift this great country up, then I cannot think of a greater failure.

In the last five years alone, American assistance to Tanzania has increased 1000%. From fighting HIV/AIDS and malaria to increasing educational opportunities to helping small businesses grow and develop, we are doing more together than ever before.

For example, earlier this year, President Bush made a historic four-day visit here, and among other things, he signed a Millennium Challenge Compact worth nearly $700 Million . . . the largest MCC compact in the world. Last week, President Bush signed into law a new bill extending and expanding PEPFAR, our famous HIV/AIDS initiative. The list goes on and on.

Today, I'd like to announce another modest plan to help Tanzania continue to rise up and move forward. We're calling it the August 7 Memorial Small Grants Program. Working with our community organizations, local education leaders and our Peace Corps Volunteers throughout the country, these small grants will target educational programs in deserving rural communities.

These young people represent the hope we all have in the future of Tanzanian youth. They represent the strength and friendship between the peoples of America and Tanzania. They represent what terrorists most fear: a new generation of leaders who are dedicated to freedom and peace.

Thank you for joining us today to reflect, remember, and rededicate ourselves. As we reflect on our children – yours and mine -- let us point to the possibilities and hope that they offer.

As we remember those we have lost, let us remember with joy who they were and what they believed in.

Ilikuwa hatari ambayo haikutarajiwa, na kuazia hapo uhusiano wa kimaisha nchini na duniani uligeuka, na hadi sasa unaendelea kusiganisha watu

Nakumbuka nilikuwa katika jengo la Haidery Plaza eneo la Posta Mpya. Ule mlipuko ulisababisha mtikisiko mkubwa katika jengo hilo, na hata kuhisi upepo ukipita kwa kasi kubwa, jambo lililowaanya watu waliokuwa ghorofani kuchungulia nje kwa mshangao kupitia madirishani

nilikuwa jengo la nssf jipya nilisikia mtetemo tukaulizana na aliekuwa jirani yangu, nika mwambia itakuwa mi gari kubwa limegonga one of pillars of the building

Nilikuwa nyumbani siku hiyo maeneo ya Sinza kwa remmy. Siku hiyo sikwenda kazini nilikuwa nauguza mtoto kama sikosei. Ghafla nikasikia mlipuko mkubwa kwa mbali but it did not make sense ni kitu gani maana ni kama kitu kiliangukia paa. I did not give it a thought hadi nilipotazama TV jioni na kupata taarifa hizo.
Then nilipofika kazini nikakumbuka kuna mama mmoja mchagaa ndugu yake na bosi wangu alikuwa ameenda kuomba visa ya kwake kuja marekani kwa binti yake. Ikabidi tuanze kuulizia habari zake, unfortunately she was there at the time of the bombing ila alikuwa nje kama sikosei. She did not die in the blast. Alipata madhara kidogo kutokana na mlipuko huo na hadi kifo chake (RIP) some years later, nafikiri kilitokana na side effects of some sort. She was a wonderful lady.

A friend of mine called me from finland and gave me a breaking news, it was sad. I lost a cousin that day who went to get a visa.

Back
Top Bottom