UK shuts travel corridors - requires negative covid tests to enter

Wacha1

JF-Expert Member
Dec 21, 2009
UK shuts travel corridors and requires negative Covid tests to enter (msn.com)

Boris Johnson has announced a dramatic tightening of the UK’s borders, with all international arrivals to be forced to quarantine as well as demonstrate they have had a negative Covid test. After months of criticism of the government’s lax border policies, which Labour claimed were “costing lives”, the prime minister said he was tightening the rules to prevent new variants of the virus reaching the UK and safeguard the vaccination programme.

“It is vital to take these extra measures now when day by day, hour by hour, we are making such strides in protecting the population,” Johnson told a Downing Street press conference.

1610749532791.png

© Photograph: Daniel Leal-Olivas/AFP/Getty Images Passengers walking through the arrivals hall at London Heathrow airport.

Despite some tentative signs that infections may be levelling off, he also underlined the desperate situation facing England’s hospitals, urging the public to think twice before going out at the weekend.

“There are now more than 37,000 Covid patients in hospital across the UK and, in spite of all the efforts of our doctors and nurses and our medical staff, we are now seeing cancer treatments sadly postponed, ambulances queuing, and intensive care units spilling over into adjacent wards,” he said.

The perilous state of the NHS was underlined by a Guardian analysis that showed two-thirds of all NHS trusts across England were treating more coronavirus patients last week than they did at the peak of the first wave of the pandemic

Hali ni tete nyumbani kwa Malkia

As I know, nowadays, almost all the covid restrictions are lifted, so it's possible to travel without any problems, but maybe I'm wrong. At least, I can say that when I was planning a trip to South America with some help from Voyagers Blog, I didn't notice any restrictions, only in China, if I'm not mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom