UK bans Chris Brown

ngoshwe

JF-Expert Member
Mar 31, 2009
UK bans Chris Brown

behind_the_music-312001755-1275997049_thumb.jpg

Chris Brown is having a bad month, a feeling he's probably grown accustomed to in recent history. Last week, he was reportedly refused entry to a listening party for hot new rapper Drake in New York City and then followed it up by being turned away from a celebrity nightclub because his entourage was too big.

Now he's completed a hat-trick - but this latest rejection has seen him banned from an entire country. Brown was due to play dates across Europe this month on the latest leg of his ‘Fan Appreciation' tour but his application for a work visa has been turned down by the UK, prompting the cancellation of the entire jaunt.

The decision is said to be linked to the shamed US R&B star's conviction of assault following his February 2009 attack on Rihanna. "SORRY to all the fans in Europe! My tour is cancelled. I'm pretty sure y'all know. My entry was denied in your country. I love you. SORRY!!" Brown wrote on Twitter.

Meanwhile, an official spokesperson for the singer explained: "Due to issues surrounding his work visa, the Ireland and United Kingdom leg of Chris Brown's ‘Fan Appreciation' tour has been postponed. Chris looks forward to performing for his fans abroad in the near future and thanks them for their continued support."

The dates were due to commence tomorrow in Glasgow but doubts remain if they will ever take place. Last August, Brown was sentenced to six months' community labour, five years' probation and ordered to stay away from Rihanna after pleading guilty to felony assault. However, his rehabilitation was thought to have been progressing well both in public and private.

Last month, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Patricia Schnegg praised Brown for the progress he has made, outlining that the 21-year-old has completed all but one of his required 52 anti-domestic-violence counselling sessions and served 290 hours of hard labour. He is on target to complete the sentence by October. If anything is going to set him back, surely it's this.

Is the British government right to ban Chris Brown? Is this what he deserves after attacking Rihanna? Or should we give him a second chance?...

http://new.uk.music.yahoo.com/blogs/behind_the_music/9186/uk-bans-chris-brown/

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom