Tundu Lissu: Namuunga mkono Dk Nshala Urais TLS

Sorry to you Lissu mayhem fanatics. Reading Lissu's campaign treatise and conscript reminiscent praise for Nshalla sounds like TLS has only existed when it contends the government, which, to open-minded understanding law professionals, isn't the case. It is actually wrong conception. TLS is not a domain of conflict against Government, neither its governance hardware nor software. So, then, why Lissu’s fuss or suss? Is it not Lissu’s personal craving and agility to dominate political life of TLS members and the entire law fraternity professionals in the country for one’s self political end? Lissu should be in view of TLS as political ploy to prey on.

Actually, had it been need, Lissu would have simply campaigned for Nshalla by just putting forward the latter’s merits to TLS electors, period – not prescribing anti-government assignments as core ToRs content for TLS president.

Yet, there is this bizarre irony, how on earth law fraternity professionals considered independent-minded celebrated credos of our time would still be directed whom to vote for!

If CCM directs electorate to vote for even horrible contestants provided they are its flag bearers, how on earth is Lissu diverse from CCM, when he directs TLS electors to vote for his choice? Great similarities!

hahah!
WIVU tu,
Just imagine na wewe ungekuwa na hiyo influence huko TLS ingekuwa vipi?

Sorry to you Lissu mayhem fanatics. Reading Lissu's campaign treatise and conscript reminiscent praise for Nshalla sounds like TLS has only existed when it contends the government, which, to open-minded understanding law professionals, isn't the case. It is actually wrong conception. TLS is not a domain of conflict against Government, neither its governance hardware nor software. So, then, why Lissu’s fuss or suss? Is it not Lissu’s personal craving and agility to dominate political life of TLS members and the entire law fraternity professionals in the country for one’s self political end? Lissu should be in view of TLS as political ploy to prey on.

Actually, had it been need, Lissu would have simply campaigned for Nshalla by just putting forward the latter’s merits to TLS electors, period – not prescribing anti-government assignments as core ToRs content for TLS president.

Yet, there is this bizarre irony, how on earth law fraternity professionals considered independent-minded celebrated credos of our time would still be directed whom to vote for!

If CCM directs electorate to vote for even horrible contestants provided they are its flag bearers, how on earth is Lissu diverse from CCM, when he directs TLS electors to vote for his choice? Great similarities!

He'll not look the other way when members of the Society are physically attacked, arrested or otherwise illegitimately prevented from discharging their professional duties as advocates.

WHAT ELSE YOU WANT FROM TLS PRESIDENT ?

Na we naye unajiita "Wakili Msomi"??

My learned brother Lissu hata kama usingeandika au ungemuandika mgombea mwingine. Nakuheshimu sana ila kura yangu ni kwa Ruge.

Conflicting the government? Every human right activist directly or indirectly conflicts the government as is the main violator of human rights. Reading from Lissu's article Nshala through LEAT instituted a public interest suit to oppose the law which legalised corruption during election processes by the name of "Takrima". The institution of that suit can be termed as " conflicting the government" but in real sense what is the reality? Is it not the duty of any public interest spirited individual to do so?

Sent using Jamii Forums mobile app

TLS sio chama cha kisiasa mbona hili jambo dogo tu limeshindwa kueleweka na hao wanaojiita wasomi? ?

Tundu Lissu ametangaza rasmi kumuunga mkono Dk Rugemeleza Nshala kuelekea uchaguzi wa TLS. Dk Nshala ambaye anagombea kukirithi kiti cha Wakili Msomi Fatuma Karume cha Urais kwa sasa ndiye makamu wa Rais wa TLS.

Katika andiko lake Lissu amemsafisha Dk Nshala kwa tuhuma zilizokuwa zikisambazwa kuwa Nshala alichelewesha kumtumia Tundu Lissu michango ya pesa za matibabu.

APROPOS OF TLS ELECTIONS 2019

Tundu AM Lissu, Tienen, Belgium

Distinguished members,

Very warm greetings from Belgium. I trust this message finds you all in good health. I'm happy to report to you that, after 24 surgeries, my recovery continues with remarkable progress. Hopefully, I should be able to return home before this year is out.

The election season is, once again, upon us. As always, there's a lot of hustle and bustle associated with electioneering. Inevitably, too, there's more than a fair amount of claptrap.

The election season is time to make difficult choices concerning which of the many worthy contestants deserves our trust to bear the heavy responsibilities of leading the Society going forward.

In this regard, please allow me to unreservedly and unequivocally endorse Dr. Rugemeleza Albert Kamuhabwa Nshala for President of our Law Society.

I don't intend to labour much on his loaded academic and professional resumé. The thing speaks for itself. I want, instead, to speak about the man and his fitness for the job in this turbulent juncture in our Society's and nation's history.

I've known Ruge for nearly thirty years, more than ten of which I worked directly with him as human rights and environmental defenders under the Lawyers Environmental Action (LEAT), a public interest environmental law organization he jointly founded in 1994.

Even after my formal departure from LEAT to pursue a career in politics in 2009, I continued to maintain close relations, both professional and personal, with him.

I must, therefore, admit how deeply pained I've been by the malicious insinuations from certain quarters, that Dr. Nshala deliberately withheld, or delayed the release of, funds intended for my medical treatment following the assassination attempt of September 7, 2017.

All I can say and, if needed, prove with documents, is that these malicious smears and innuendos are baseless; the kind of gibberish that can only be understood in the context of the hustle and bustle of elections.

Dr. Nshala is a man of honor, and has always acted honorably in all the many years I've known him. He is a man of principle and of strong convictions, who has dedicated his entire professional life to a defense of human rights, environmental sanity and the rule of law.

He has led by example. His LLM dissertation and SJD thesis sprang directly from the struggles he valiantly coordinated and led against the human rights abuses of rural communities in the wetlands of the Rufiji River Delta, and the goldfields of Central-Western Tanzania, in the late '90s and early '00s.

For this activism, Dr. Nshala has had his fair share of persecution by the Tanzanian government.

In November 2001, following publication of LEAT's call for an independent international inquiry into the Bulyanhulu Massacre of artisanal miners in Kahama District of Shinyanga Region in 1996, Dr. Nshala and, later, myself were arrested and charged with several counts of sedition.

The scurrilous charges were eventually dismissed by the Kisutu Resident Magistrates Court of Dar es Salaam, after six years of want of prosecution.

Ever concerned with the rule of law, the integrity of our electoral process and the health of our democracy, in 2004, Dr. Nshala was instrumental in the filing and successful prosecution of the Legal and Human Rights Center & 2 Others vrs. AG (2006) TLR 240, a major public interest suit which led to the nullification of a statute which would have legalized corruption in our national elections, under the guise of 'takrima.'

The '2 Others' in that landmark case were his LEAT and the National Organization for Legal Aid (NOLA), another public interest law organization.

Such is the man who has humbly presented himself for your consideration as our President for the next one year.

Such is the man I wholeheartedly recommend to you, distinguished members, as worthy of your immense trust to lead the Society in these critical times.

Dr. Nshala will not compromise or equivocate on the critical issues facing the Society and the nation, namely the independence of the TLS and the legal profession; Rule of Law, and Constitutionalism.

He'll not be browbeaten or bought with material reward, or promise thereof, by those who wish to turn the Society into a compliant tool for their nefarious purposes.

He'll not keep silent when the Constitution and the fundamental rights it enshrines, are shredded to pieces by the 'Rulers of Law.'

He'll not look the other way when members of the Society are physically attacked, arrested or otherwise illegitimately prevented from discharging their professional duties as advocates.

Please join me in supporting Dr. Rugemeleza Albert Kamuhabwa Nshala as the forthcoming President of the Tanganyika Law Society.

I thank you for your time and support.

SIPATI PICHA JIWE AKISOMA HAPA KAMA ANAWEZA KUAMBULIA HATA MAANA YA NENO MOJA TU. UTETEZI WAKE UTAKUWA 'TUKIENZI KISWAHILI'

Conflicting the government? Every human right activist directly or indirectly conflicts the government as is the main violator of human rights. Reading from Lissu's article Nshala through LEAT instituted a public interest suit to oppose the law which legalised corruption during election processes by the name of "Takrima". The institution of that suit can be termed as " conflicting the government" but in real sense what is the reality? Is it not the duty of any public interest spirited individual to do so?

The usual one way poor reasoning of mayhem fanatics. Apparently citizens contribute differently to their respective countries' developments, why one way?

33 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom