Tundu Lissu: A Glitch in the Matrix

Some years ago, my teacher once told me that our education system is designed to control our minds, thoughts and especially our actions.

I agree with most of what is written in your posting, except for the above line. I think this was simply an excuse on the part of your teacher for not having a better explanation of the phenomenon he was observing in society.

Educational systems everywhere are designed to develop and free the mind. As opposed from for example aquisition of a skill such as bread making, education when aquired is meant to be used for independent thought.
So, on the basis of that, I disagree with the notion that people of a given country behave in a particular manner because of the indocrination passed through their educational systems. And, if that were the case then, the education that was passed along y colonialists would have made us zombies never to question their domination over us.

For now I won't tackle the exceptionality of a few individuals like Mr Tundu Lissu and many others who contribute in their own small ways to question things and when conditions allow bring about tangible changes. However, suffice it to say, we are seeing right before our own eyes two very strong willed individuals who are diametrically the opposite of each other. The only problem is that one strong individual has the coersive instruments, and therefore can exert imeasurable damage to one who has no such tools.

As for the rest of us all, we will either be prisoners of the one holding the instruments or be courageous enough to say enough is enough and take back our freedoms by the power we have but somehow don't realize we have it.

Maybe i should rephrase, why any gov't critic is considered as a hero?

I also conclude...the majority of low thinkers take any glitch in the matrix as a hero, as an intellect etc...
It's pathetic.
You are the vortex that facilitates the truism of the sentence

"Sooner or later these minds are sucked in by the system and they disappear before they can do any 'irreparable damage'."

You are the herd of cattle that will not transform its environment even if left to pasture for 20 years. You resist change although it is change that has provided you with the luxuries of life that you blindly enjoy.

At a genetic level, it was glitches in the matrix that produced mutations behind evolution. Without them, we would all still be walking on our four limbs, with a brain that couldnt process that the person behind the mirror is actually ourselves - let alone muster knowledge to allow us execute intestellar travel

Why a government critic is revered as an intellect is beyond me!
I question your intelligence!
It is not a matter of a gov critic, it is amatter of intellect of such a person! hata Msukma ni critic wa upinzani, but of what intellect level when presenting his arguments. The glitch centres there!

Wewe unakufahamu njinjo? Kujibu swali lako; natokea njinjo
Nimekaa sana sehemu hizo mika ya 70! Nilikuwa nakwenda kucheza mpira nikitokea shule ya Mitole ya wakatoliki! Unafika maili saba, unapinda kulia unaelekea Njinjo ukitoka Kipatimu... kama siashau. Anyway sijawahi rudi tena.

I agree with most of what is written in your posting, except for the above line. I think this was simply an excuse on the part of your teacher for not having a better explanation of the phenomenon he was observing in society.

Educational systems everywhere are designed to develop and free the mind. As opposed from for example aquisition of a skill such as bread making, education when aquired is meant to be used for independent thought.
So, on the basis of that, I disagree with the notion that people of a given country behave in a particular manner because of the indocrination passed through their educational systems. And, if that were the case then, the education that was passed along y colonialists would have made us zombies never to question their domination over us.

For now I won't tackle the exceptionality of a few individuals like Mr Tundu Lissu and many others who contribute in their own small ways to question things and when conditions allow bring about tangible changes. However, suffice it to say, we are seeing right before our own eyes two very strong willed individuals who are diametrically the opposite of each other. The only problem is that one strong individual has the coersive instruments, and therefore can exert imeasurable damage to one who has no such tools.

As for the rest of us all, we will either be prisoners of the one holding the instruments or be courageous enough to say enough is enough and take back our freedoms by the power we have but somehow don't realize we have it.

Well, even an oppressing regime still need a functioning society and for that matter a labor force to support it. Making the entire population completely illiterate may not be the wisest approach to control them.

The question is what kind of citizen is the system producing? Use your own understanding of an average Tanzanian to answer that question. Are we producing people who know enough about their rights and are willing to defend them at any cost or are we mostly producing cowards who will cower at the sight or mere mention of an authoritarian figure?

Majority of us would have gone to do other businesses or simply change our political stance if we knew the anonymous thugs are chasing us around with a clear intention to harm. With Lissu, he chose to double down.

Tatizo lako na huyo Tundu Lissu wako wote ni wajinga wa kutupwa. Akili zenu ziko matakoni badala ya kichwani. Na nakuomba Mwambie mwalimu wako akakae tena darasani maana naona hakuelewa maana ya democracy ni nini? Na ina elekea hajui maana ya kupiga kura ni nini? Angeyaelewa hayo yote asinge kupa wewe ujinga huo!

Kama hivyo mnavyo dai ni sawa basi kila Rais atakaye chaguliwa na baadhi ya wananchi, wale wasio mchagua wakiona haendi na matakwa yao na wao basi wataandamana na kumtoa kabla hata mda wake wa kutawala kulingana na mujibu wa katiba haujaisha. Hiyo itakuwa ni nini sasa? Hiyo itakua chaos na hiyo nchi itaitwa "a Banana Republic".

Kulingana na mujibu wa katiba ya Jamhuri ya Muungano wa Tanzania mtu yeyote anaye kidhi vigezo vya kugombea urais anaweza fanya hivyo kwa mihula miwili tu ya muda wa miaka mitano mitano. Rais John Joseph Pombe Magufuli amemaliza miaka mitatu sasa ya mhula wake wa kwanza, amebakiza miaka miwili tu ili aweze kugombea tena.

2020 huyo kidampa wako Tundu Lissu anaruhusiwa kwa mujibu wa katiba yetu kugombea na kushindana na Rais Magufuli na wengine watakao jitokeza kama watakuwepo. Huo ndio utaratibu wa kanununi za sheria ya katiba yetu. Kinyume na hayo hiyo ni fujo na sio ustaarabu.

Kamanda wako Tundu Lissu yeye ni mbunge na kama mbunge anawajibu wa kuheshimu sheria na katiba ambayo yeye mwenyewe ni msingi wake. Sasa anapokuja na nia ya kwenda kwa wavunja haki za binadam wa kweli na kutuchafua sisi kwao na kuwaomba wao wabaya wetu wasitupe sisi misaada ili tufe njaa kwa sababu yeye ana kisirani binafsi na Rais wetu, hapo ndiyo tunasema hana amani na sisi kwani na yeye pia kwa hali hiyo ni adui yetu ambaye anapswa kuwekwa pembeni ili sisi tuendelee na majukumu yetu ya maisha na usalama wa Taifa letu.

Sent using Jamii Forums mobile app

I was not going to answer you but this is what I will say in brief.

There are offenses that are tolerable and forgivable.

Articles of impeachment are in the Constitution and were not written to just fill in the pages. There are offenses that when they occur, necessitate immediate removal of the government based on the steps stipulated by the constitution. It doesn't say, "everybody should suck it up and wait for the next election".

Again, that's what you'll expect only in a society that respect rule of law.

Maybe i should rephrase, why any gov't critic is considered as a hero?

I also conclude...the majority of low thinkers take any glitch in the matrix as a hero, as an intellect etc...
It's pathetic.
Anybody that have guts to oppose and criticize an oppressive and dictatorial regime is definitely a hero, that's whether it clicks with what you believe or not.
The main problem we're facing is that the majority of Tz population are illiterates,dumb and terribly brainwashed to understand that they're being taken for granted and oppressed.

I was not going to answer you but this is what I will say in brief.

There are offenses that are tolerable and forgivable.

Articles of impeachment are in the Constitution and were not written to just fill in the pages. There are offenses that when they occur, necessitate immediate removal of the government based on the steps stipulated by the constitution. It doesn't say, "everybody should suck it up and wait for the next election".

Again, that's what you'll expect only in a society that respect rule of law.
Afadhali usinge nijibu kwani nakuona wewe ni kifaranga asiye jua maisha ni nini? You are so naive!

Umezungumzia kwenye hoja yako kuhusu kitu kiitwacho "impeachement". Well, we can use the clauses written down in the constitution, which according to your description are those that can be pulled out and use them for the impeachment of our president.

The question I want to ask you is that, are there any crimes that are already known to you that our President has committed? If the answer is yes, could you give me a list of cases or offenses that you think our president could have done, so that it is necessary for the Tanzanians to bring him to justice so that those articles of impeachment, as you mentioned in your comment, can be used to prosecute or impeach him?

Sikiliza kijana wewe kwa mtazamo wangu ndiyo kwanza una anza kuamka na kuona vitu kwa sura nyingine. Una staajabu kusikia watu wana lalamika na pengine, kwa bahati mbaya, hao wanao lalamika ni watu walio kumbwa na mkasa wa Rais wetu mpendwa wa "Operation ondoa Rushwa" ambao wewe uko karibu nao sana. Kwa hiyo umejikuta uko kwenye mtego hujui nini cha kufanya. Yale uliyo yasoma kwenye maandishi ni mengine na reality ni nyingine. Umebaki kuduwaa!

Sitapenda kukulaumu kwani kufanya hivyo itakuwa sikutendei haki. Mzalendo kama wewe tunakuhitaji kwenye system zetu za utawala na uendeshaji wa serikali yetu. Nakuona bado mchanga. Kua kidogo!

Sasa ili mimi na wewe tuweze kuwa katika level moja naomba tufanye kitu kimoja, nipatie hiyo list kama nilivyo kuomba hapo juu halafu tutaendelea kushauriana wapi pana makosa na wapi sio. Kwa taarifa yako tu kwa kifupi pata kwanza experience ya maisha ili upevuke. Elimu yako na uelewa wako bado ni changa sana. Anahitaji kuijua dunia kwa upana. Usidakie mambo usiyo yajua na kuja na ufalah kama huu.

Nafikiri umesha wahi kumsikia Rais Donald Trump wa Amerika, ukiangalia background yake na matendo aliyo yafanya na sasa kuendelea kuyafanya, unaweza niambia kuwa yeye alipaswa kuwa Rais kweli?

Nina wasi wasi mkubwa kama wewe kweli una Genes za kibantu na mishipa ya damu ya kitanzania kama mimi, maana hoja yako ina fungua mambo mengi ambayo mimi yananionyesha kuwa wewe sio mbantu wa kweli. Utanisamehe kama nitakuwa sikutendei haki.

Katika kunijibu naomba tumia lugha ya kijerumani kama unaweza, kwani ni lugha ambayo na mimi at least naweza sema niko nyumbani ki maneno na kimaandishi. Nilifikiri kama watanzania lugha yetu ya kuwasiliana ni kiswahili. Sikujua kama kiingereza ni muhimu!

Hii Operation ondoa rushwa ndio yenye kuhusika pia na na hoja za ukaguzi za CAG zinazohusu 2.4T kutoeleweka zilivyotumika?
Afadhali usinge nijibu kwani nakuona wewe ni kifaranga asiye jua maisha ni nini? You are so naive!

Umezungumzia kwenye hoja yako kuhusu kitu kiitwacho "impeachement". Well, we can use the clauses written down in the constitution, which according to your description are those that can be pulled out and use them for the impeachment of our president.

The question I want to ask you is that, are there any crimes that are already known to you that our President has committed? If the answer is yes, could you give me a list of cases or offenses that you think our president could have done, so that it is necessary for the Tanzanians to bring him to justice so that those articles of impeachment, as you mentioned in your comment, can be used to prosecute or impeach him?

Sikiliza kijana wewe kwa mtazamo wangu ndiyo kwanza una anza kuamka na kuona vitu kwa sura nyingine. Una staajabu kusikia watu wana lalamika na pengine, kwa bahati mbaya, hao wanao lalamika ni watu walio kumbwa na mkasa wa Rais wetu mpendwa wa "Operation ondoa Rushwa" ambao wewe uko karibu nao sana. Kwa hiyo umejikuta uko kwenye mtego hujui nini cha kufanya. Yale uliyo yasoma kwenye maandishi ni mengine na reality ni nyingine. Umebaki kuduwaa!

Sitapenda kukulaumu kwani kufanya hivyo itakuwa sikutendei haki. Mzalendo kama wewe tunakuhitaji kwenye system zetu za utawala na uendeshaji wa serikali yetu. Nakuona bado mchanga. Kua kidogo!

Sasa ili mimi na wewe tuweze kuwa katika level moja naomba tufanye kitu kimoja, nipatie hiyo list kama nilivyo kuomba hapo juu halafu tutaendelea kushauriana wapi pana makosa na wapi sio. Kwa taarifa yako tu kwa kifupi pata kwanza experience ya maisha ili upevuke. Elimu yako na uelewa wako bado ni changa sana. Anahitaji kuijua dunia kwa upana. Usidakie mambo usiyo yajua na kuja na ufalah kama huu.

Nafikiri umesha wahi kumsikia Rais Donald Trump wa Amerika, ukiangalia background yake na matendo aliyo yafanya na sasa kuendelea kuyafanya, unaweza niambia kuwa yeye alipaswa kuwa Rais kweli?

Nina wasi wasi mkubwa kama wewe kweli una Genes za kibantu na mishipa ya damu ya kitanzania kama mimi, maana hoja yako ina fungua mambo mengi ambayo mimi yananionyesha kuwa wewe sio mbantu wa kweli. Utanisamehe kama nitakuwa sikutendei haki.

Katika kunijibu naomba tumia lugha ya kijerumani kama unaweza, kwani ni lugha ambayo na mimi at least naweza sema niko nyumbani ki maneno na kimaandishi. Nilifikiri kama watanzania lugha yetu ya kuwasiliana ni kiswahili. Sikujua kama kiingereza ni muhimu!

Hakuna nchi inaendeshwa kwa operation ikafanikwa,Tizama operation tokomeza na sasa korosho,ni aibu tupu.

Some years ago, my teacher once told me that our education system is designed to control our minds, thoughts and especially our actions.

In our society, rarely you will find someone so eloquent, thoroughly knowledgeable in their industry and who has independence of thought. This is not an accident. It is designed to be that way. While some are complaining why the learned are behaving like the rest of us, some other small group of people are congratulating themselves for the job well done.

Against all odds, this same society also produce a lot of genius minds. Many go unnoticed and are resigned to live very mediocre lives and never do anything tangible to the society. I have seem them in sports, in entertainment, in academic and other areas. Sooner or later these minds are sucked in by the system and they disappear before they can do any 'irreparable damage'. After all, as my teacher told me, the system isn't designed to create and nourish those kinds of people.

Here comes Tundu Lissu. Born, raised and educated in the very system. He chose to take the path of the legal profession. Somehow, maybe by luck or by divine providence or a unique upbringing that he has yet to share with us, he seems to think, act and behave different from most of us. Our system looks at him as a defect. Our tools and machines (social, political and educational) were not designed to create people like him. That's why he is called all sorts of bad names to make him seem as NOT being one of us. Of course he is not one of us, we all know that!

Here is a man that tells us things we were not supposed to know, and even if we know them, we are not supposed to apply them practically. He is telling us we have the power and right to tell the President that he is wrong when we think he is wrong! He is telling us that we have the right to remove the government when we believe that it violated the constitution (and we can do this even before the next election!). The problem is, we were taught to respect our leaders. This respect also means that we can't oppose them. We can't resist them. We can't say NO to them. We can't mobilise ourselves to raise a voice opposing some actions of the government. We were raised to believe those actions are against our culture and even laws of our land. Tundu Lissu is teaching us, to the contrary, we have the right and even the duty to do all those things.

Like the poem that his son wrote about him, "For many are called, but few are chosen". Tundu Lissu has been chosen. How many other brave souls like him are out there? Time will tell.
Idiot at his/her best!! Most of your JF readers speaks swahili but still you wrote in your slavery master's language and you still espect your audience to understand your thread!! And you still belive you are so intelligence simply because you can write in your master's language!! Ujinga wa hali ya juu!! Mtanyooka tu. Hapa kazi tu!!

Comment zote ziwe Za kingereza,asiejua kingereza asikoment kabisa.

In our society, rarely you will find someone so eloquent, thoroughly knowledgeable in their industry and who has independence of thought. This is not an accident. It is designed to be that way. While some are complaining why the learned are behaving like the rest of us, some other small group of people are congratulating themselves for the job well done.

Against all odds, this same society also produce a lot of genius minds. Many go unnoticed and are resigned to live very mediocre lives and never do anything tangible to the society. I have seem them in sports, in entertainment, in academic and other areas. Sooner or later these minds are sucked in by the system and they disappear before they can do any 'irreparable damage'. After all, as my teacher told me, the system isn't designed to create and nourish those kinds of people.

Here comes Tundu Lissu. Born, raised and educated in the very system. He chose to take the path of the legal profession. Somehow, maybe by luck or by divine providence or a unique upbringing that he has yet to share with us, he seems to think, act and behave different from most of us. Our system looks at him as a defect. Our tools and machines (social, political and educational) were not designed to create people like him. That's why he is called all sorts of bad names to make him seem as NOT being one of us. Of course he is not one of us, we all know that!

Here is a man that tells us things we were not supposed to know, and even if we know them, we are not supposed to apply them practically. He is telling us we have the power and right to tell the President that he is wrong when we think he is wrong! He is telling us that we have the right to remove the government when we believe that it violated the constitution (and we can do this even before the next election!). The problem is, we were taught to respect our leaders. This respect also means that we can't oppose them. We can't resist them. We can't say NO to them. We can't mobilise ourselves to raise a voice opposing some actions of the government. We were raised to believe those actions are against our culture and even laws of our land. Tundu Lissu is teaching us, to the contrary, we have the right and even the duty to do all those things.

Like the poem that his son wrote about him, "For many are called, but few are chosen". Tundu Lissu has been chosen. How many other brave souls like him are out there? Time will tell.
Ujumbe kuntu,Iam sure if all the CCM cadres and ruling elites,are trembling while reading this message.
For them it is a shock discovering that among we Wananchi there are some who are 'thinking"and knows who they(CCM) real are.Thieves!!
It is the matter of time before we change the standard quo.
It may take longtime,but surely the change will come.
The wananchi have started THINKING,we see all the fuckups they are creating,Korosho is the latest.

Back
Top Bottom