10 great inventors who helped change our life
- Thomas Edison - the lightbulb and many more. One of the most prolific inventors of all time
- The Wright Brothers - for making the first flight
- Benjamin Franklin - discovered electricity and invented the Franklin stove
- Charles Babbage - created first mechanical computer
- Marie Curie - discovered Radium and help make use of radiation and X Rays.
- Alexander Bell - Inventing the telephone
- Leonardo Da Vinci - one of the greatest ever minds, invented models that proved workable 3-500 years later.
- Galileo - the telescope and revolutionary theories about the nature of the world.
- Tim Berners Lee the http:// protocol for the internet.
- Archimedes - amongst other things worked out pi and developed the archimedes screw for lifting up water from mines or wells.
James Watt - inventor of the steam engine in the industrial revolution.
Nikola Tesla - fluorescent lighting, the Tesla coil, the induction motor, and 3-phase electricity and AC electricity.
John Logie Baird - TV
John Harrison - longitude at sea