Tom Cruise

Keykey

JF-Expert Member
Dec 1, 2006
_44624397_tomoprah_ap226b.jpg

The interview was filmed in Cruise's mountainside home

Cruise makes serious Oprah return

Hollywood star Tom Cruise has made a more serious appearance on The Oprah Winfrey Show, three years after he famously jumped on the host's sofa.

The actor hit out at a claim that his daughter with actress Katie Holmes may not be his, calling it "off the chart".

He also called speculation that his marriage to Holmes was a publicity stunt "laughable".

Cruise became the butt of jokes after he extravagantly declared his love for Holmes on the talk show in 2005.

He called his outburst a genuine expression of his feelings for Holmes, saying: "It was just something that I just felt that way, and I feel that way about her. That's just how I felt."

'Rosemary's baby'

Cruise added that he was planning to strictly divide talking about personal causes and film promotion from now on.

He also spoke of his belief in Scientology, saying that his main philosophy is "to respect the religious beliefs of others."

"That's part of being a Scientologist, and that's who I am as a person," the actor added, answering criticisms that he is either evasive or preaching about his convictions.

On speculation about his daughter Suri being compared to "Rosemary's baby", Cruise said he expected things to be written about him but not about his family.

Interviewed from his Colorado home, the star also disclosed that his relationship with ex-wife Nicole Kidman is good, and they continue to share joint custody of their two adopted children.

The interview, which was aired on US TV on Friday, will be followed on Monday by an Oprah Winfrey special about Cruise's career, 25 years on from his breakthrough film Risky Business.

BBC Entertainment

Back
Top Bottom