Today Kenya In History

Jackal

JF-Expert Member
Apr 10, 2012
On this day, 35 years ago, President Daniel Arap Moi ordered that Oginga Odinga be arrested and placed under house arrest at the Lakeside town of Kisumu.

Prior to the detention, Moi had banned Odinga from travelling outside Kisumu since Sept 28, 1982, immediately after the August attempted coup.

In May 1982,before the coup attempt, Odinga's criticism of the Government's offer of military facilities to the US Army, had made Moi order his expulsion from KANU and his passport seized, amid rumours that he was also planning to form an opposition party.

Meanwhile as the atmosphere of tension between President Moi and Odinga built up, the latter's son, Raila Odinga,was in Police custody facing treason charges after being implicated in the coup attempt.

Back in Kisumu where Odinga had been put under house arrest, the Police were already enforcing the orders by guarding the compound and nobody was allowed to enter except his immediate family members.

On the same day Odinga was being put under house arrest the High Court increased the jail sentence of, Peter Ogega, a Nairobi University student, from six years to ten years, after the state appealed for a higher sentence.

Ogega who was jailed for sedition, later became Kenyan Ambassador to the US when NARC came to power in 2002.
FB_IMG_1510330832238.jpg

Interesting piece of history, and it appears that from the current trend of things in Kenya, this piece of history is going to repeat itself as history always does.

Interesting piece of history, and it appears that from the current trend of things in Kenya, this piece of history is going to repeat itself as history always does.

I doubt it, Raila can't repeat another bloodletting coup as it will end into bloodbath, a total genocide. The way we are divided today, any civil war would end up badly for our country.
But being a politician like any other, who are always greedy for power at whatever cost, he might attempt....

The only thing holding Raila right now is he doesn't have access to Kalenjin youths through Ruto like he did in 2008, otherwise Uhuru would have been brought to submission. Yaani Ruto is the key guy, hate him or like him, right now am sure Uhuru must be praying and hopping he doesn't fall out with Ruto, same way Raila is regretting to have fallen out with him

I doubt it, Raila can't repeat another bloodletting coup as it will end into bloodbath, a total genocide. The way we are divided today, any civil war would end up badly for our country.
But being a politician like any other, who are always greedy for power at whatever cost, he might attempt....

The only thing holding Raila right now is he doesn't have access to Kalenjin youths through Ruto like he did in 2008, otherwise Uhuru would have been brought to submission. Yaani Ruto is the key guy, hate him or like him, right now am sure Uhuru must be praying and hopping he doesn't fall out with Ruto, same way Raila is regretting to have fallen out with him
So you mean those guys are some ferocious warriors. Is it the third largest community in Kenya? After Kikuyu and Luo

So you mean those guys are some ferocious warriors. Is it the third largest community in Kenya? After Kikuyu and Luo
Largest communities in Kenya: Kikuyu6,6million, Luhya5,3 million, Kalenjin4,8 million, Somali4,4 million(figure was reduced to 2,3 million so wakatoka fourth), Luo 4million, Kamba 3,8 million, Kisii 2,6 Million,#. Hio ni census ya 2009. 2019 I suspec Luhyas maybe the most

Largest communities in Kenya: Kikuyu6,6million, Luhya5,3 million, Kalenjin4,8 million, Somali4,4 million(figure was reduced to 2,3 million so wakatoka fourth), Luo 4million, Kamba 3,8 million, Kisii 2,6 Million,#. Hio ni census ya 2009. 2019 I suspec Luhyas maybe the most

That of Somalis is news to me, I remember to have read somewhere they are 900,000

I don't know what's wrong with Kenya. its people are more tribalistic than any other country in sub Sahara Africa leaving alone Rwanda and Burundi.
My Lord tunaomba huruma zako. I'm worrying about what the young generation have learned through this experience.

Back
Top Bottom