To VC and DVC of Sokoine University

Masanilo

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2007
Soon as you access the SUA website, you will easily spot our University mission: "To promote development through training, research, provision of services to the public and private sectors in an environmentally friendly manner." Here, important are the words, ‘promote development' What follows after that are actually the means or modalities. I am forced to present this, following a recent incidence where our Vice chancellor and the Deputies have courageously come out to explain to us the reason as to why we don't get our contractual rights.

Whenever you and me are employed, it is agreed, by contract and signature that we have specific rights and entitlements. Whoever proposed such good things to us knew how to facilitate them and whoever entered into such contract should abide by them. The recent reason as to why we are not paid can't stand.

I, summarily, can assure you, that no body can buy such useless arguments. I personally can't take anybody serious if he or she will try to explain to me why at SUA now we should go on our annual leave by slicing our salaries or forfeit our housing allowances or even do nothing with teaching simply because we don't have teaching materials. Teaching –the core function of the University. It is not in my sense because SUA has money to support its workers. It is unfortunate that the leadership is still struggling to know how to run the University after that long time in office.

My dear SUA community you should understand that the leadership we have seems unaware of the Institution's mission. We have been complaining many times than necessary to restructure the University planning modalities but these people don't care except now where we think we can restructure the academic undertakings and not the important decision making bodies. Why is this happening? We seem still believe that academic is secondary and that is why somebody brings forward a suggestion to minimize academic expenditures while millions are misappropriated in the administration circles.

The current situation is pathetic. A semester went horribly. We have managed with few working overhead projectors. Virtually, there is no LCD projector. They are still luxury thing at SUA. If you ask why not take care of these minor academic supporting gadgets, you are getting a chorus answer, "Hali ni Ngumu!" But if we ask ourselves, is it true that we are at that much difficulty situation? May be but I believe we can still do better than we are doing. Take an example of last financial year where regardless of the financial crises we were informed of, this same leadership dished more than 7 millions to please our minister after he had lost his relative. Ask yourself, who is a minister at SUA. He is a retired professor not even serving the university anymore. We help each other, yes! But not by using public fund to please somebody at the expenses of other employees at that level of funding. Whatever the reason will please you at the top, that was wrong and full of hypocrisy. How many SUA workers have faced problems still you cannot provide any support! Let us not waste our institution money for your personal and private friendship. I am complaining on this because you people seem not independent. Truly now we can prove that some of you were favoured to hold the positions. But whoever favoured you, should not make SUA his private project.

We can see how minister Msolla is planting tribal comrades at higher position of each University and the Loan Board so as to be able access the funds easily! Of course that was his first mission at SUA. The budget allocation is for SUA development not to be recycled back to the ministry.

At a level of a professor: if you are mentally fit, with integrity and agreeable calibre, you should be independent in your decisions. If someone favours you then must be able to respect your leadership. [You know how much you had again to spend to support mama Selina Kombani another SUA product when she lost a relative. Here you had to whitewash yourself. Is isn't it?]

Then Mr VC, we recently observed more than that you office spent over 100 millions for furniture. A cost of constructing a medium lecture theatre. I hope you can read our mission. Where does this fit? Then in few days you are coming with those stories of financial problems at SUA. Who convinced you that by furnishing your offices then learning and research will be improved? It is absurd! Do you know that your planning office don't know the importance of learning? That is the office which tries hard to initiate construction activities just to get extra money as you have always observed.

I am writing to alert you that you are letting down SUA! You enter the main building you find these stupid planning at the middle of financial crisis. Was it necessary to partition the front reception part using those dangerous glasses you have created? My Dear VC and DVCs, don't fulfil your money hunger together with those planners and forget our Mission. You are collaborating with them in plundering our money.

Take the 7 millions you gave Msolla, take over 100 millions you used to buy furniture sets and the partitioning at more than 5 millions then compare with the price of one LCD overhead projector costing 6 millions. How many teaching projectors would you have supplied to academic Departments? Simply with that funding you would have provided 2 projectors per department and teaching lap tops.

Where you are showing a way, we commend you! We cam see some changes and good intention of improving our training qualities and possibly the facilities but I am worried that the administration is mixed. It is like our university farm where we have crops and weeds good for traditional healers. While you have good planning you also plan to mismanage our funds.

You pretend to be tough in controlling unscrupulous workers but unfortunately, you are going for easy target like our dilapidated farm unit. Have you forgotten hundreds of millions wasted in a useless independent water source? Where is the source that now we are paying the money for? Have you disciplined anybody for the source failure due to poor planning? So we are solving problems by carrying out an operation of our patient's leg instead of the affected head/brain?

Most of you were adamant in almost many meetings believing that such projects were useful. You even insisted to have similar project for Mazimbu. Those who opposed were your enemies. But we knew what was that all about. If it is to dissolve any section of our establishment, start with the planning unit. Do it without minding who will phone you from the ministry. If you cannot then don't humiliate the farm unit where we have petty money wasted. How much have we invested there? We know that Japanese injected some moneys which unfortunately were plundered by your friends and not those juniors you are now threatening. You should tell us openly who took the money. Don't hide them.

May be we are blind to see the obvious. We have a lot to remember. Just to help you. Can you let the community know how has it happened that new built structures both at the Main Campus and Mazimbu are undergoing repairs? Substandard problems and you at the top are still upraising the same people involved. Do you know that Planning unit and the sister supplies departments at this University are the most corrupt than any other unit? Last time I explained how they have formed their own (with hidden names) supply companies which are now also beading to be tenderer at SUA. Is this allowed? Even the Diwanis in local governments are not allowed to do so!

It is a shameful assessment that even after having three Professors at the top of our leadership, still our planning ability is at lowest level. When we write you think it is Majungu but let us know of all these few noted cases, who advised you to do so. Tusikimbilie madaraka. Kimbilieni yanayolingana na uwezo wenu. Getting power then collecting a flock of junk advisers who failed you somewhere, sometime will never make you a good leader. There are various leadership options you can
follow.

It has reached a point where even students admission is now done by written notes! A secondary school headmaster can be made to admit any class seven leaver by notes but I cannot comprehend a VC or DVC doing the same. The motive is simple. That is you still see yourself at an advantageous position if you maintain such mutual friendship with government officials whom you think favoured you to be at that positions. If you are to continue operating that way then better come out with a roll of students to be admitted rather than troubling Faculties and Departments to do the exercise, later to be handled with another names under the pretext of saying these should be admitted. Why should? How can a mentally fit person be given a "should" when executing his/her responsibility. We have been complaining on this for the past two years and now seems to be well-placed in your offices.

Mr VC let me rephrase the stupid question which was asked to a Prime Minister and leave it for you. Why are you still piling power to people who already have other big failing responsibilities? These are the same who fails our SUA. Somebody is a Diwani and a Mayor. Fine! Let him relinquish our PANTIL position. We don't want to see a person who rush here and there provided there is money. Mshika mbili moja huponyoka. PANTIL is not somebody's constitutional right. Udiwani is OK! Let me hope
that he is teaching the minimum hours required by our regulations otherwise this is another cheating of our University. Appearing as an active employee while actually not providing a required service. We have a lot of grievances to tell you including of those whom Mr VC you regard them your mentors. We don't care if you need them but should not temper with our services at SUA.

If you take this serious, we should also expect to have a new Council Chairperson. This one we have should be left aside to rest. Historically, he held many various posts and I believe if he was to deliver, it was those days and not now. Let SUA not be a refuge for those who failed life somewhere. Deadwood! We agree our own failures but let us not accommodate people like this one. He once threatened us when we were fighting for our rights while actually has survived at our mercy. I know our past leadership was using him as a stooge and he offered a protection to the leadership. Survival strategies by synergistic method. We need to believe that you don't need him for the same reason.

I finally need to advise you that, you may be a good working team if among you three at the top would work as a team. No one of you will be successful with your current modus operands, where everyone of you struggles to sell sweet words to Msolla.
LET US ALL BE CONCERNED.

Chancellor: Al noor Kassam
VC: Prof GC Monella
DVC (Academic): Prof DM Kambarage
DVC (admin and Finance): Professor A.E. Pereka

Thank you guys! I was just curious because I was there. Why the whole admin went Vet?? I do not know Prof Monella.

Anyway, it is so sad to hear that things are not well at SUA. This might affect the standards. One thing which I have also observed there are no young lecturers being recruted in some of the departments which suggest that there are only 1940-50s generation of guys. I wonder when they are gone, who will be there to succeed them!!!

it's good that you have openly spoken here. Can you put this as an open letter in the Tanzanian daily media like The Guardian, The Citizen etc.

Kila siku wanalia bajeti ndogo, kumbee........

Baba ananunua benzi mpya ya 100m halafu anmwambia mtoto sina 3 m kukulipia masomo mwaka huu!! Je mtoto kweli atamwamini?

Leadership ktk higher learning need overhaul.. we need change, new ideas, new thinking!

Ukiangalia pia Board members ni watu wale2 waliokaa siku nyingi.. hawana mawazo mapya!

Thanks Ushrombo for bringing this up! SUA is one case- huku kuingine, MU, UD, IFM n.k hayo unayoongelea SUA pia yapo inaonekana watu wamezoea!

I was there two years ago before I got a position where I met with these proffesors at least once a year. Why only vets takes top positions?

at Sokoine 2 vets,Open university 1 and currently mzumbe 1? ushirombo,you know why? Msolla is a vet too. Ushirombo you need to send this article to open news paper,otherwise I will send it for you,How do you find it.

I hate this type of favour which leave majority in problems. You remember the poor admistration ability of Prof. Mungasa (acting DVC and Dean of VET),dispite of his poor ability, Msolla selected him to be a DVC at Mzumbe, you got that?

Why only vets takes top positions? at Sokoine 2 vets,Open university 1 and currently mzumbe 1? ushirombo,you know why?

Prof Msolla is known for putting his own soldiers to protect his own Monarch....board ya Mikopo is another pathetic area, uhehe is the first priority, one of the son of Prof Msolla's close buddy is having a big position there ...."Shukurani" I have no grudges make this piece of information a public consumption as you can...more will come!!

Ushi

It is well understood that in order to get a big-time position in any company or organization you need to know someone who will hook you up, it is not fair but that is the reality all over the world. You have mentioned about the guy who worked for " Bodi ya Mikopo" being one of Msola's cronies, can you please tell us more about his credentials and whether you think he has what it takes "qualified" to hold that position.

Msolla has been linked to lots of stories and scandals ever since he was a DVC. Some guys have been said to be where they are because of their wives intimate relations with him. In fact his scandals extends as far as Ch****g lecturer's daughters. The guy does not have manners!!! His file at the Ministry was a big disaster.

Mzee Zero,

Du wakati ule akiwa SUA Msolla alikuwa Mkware kweli na wake za watu! Akimpenda mke wako basi atakupa skolaship ya Masters au PhD- wewe ukasome na baade atamstave mke wako na kumtishia kumfukuza ktk nyumba ya chuo hadi amkubalie!

Zero unakumbuka yaliyomfika Geatas (RIP) na mke na familia yake?? Ni mambo ya aibu sana!

Yet leo huyu ni waziri wa URT???????

Morals mkuu---... morals....!

Msolla hajui morals na mtu mchafu.. he does not deserve any public office!!!

This country, every where crisis, crisis over crisis! Ama kweli waswahili walisema pakioza juu pataoza kote!

It is well understood that in order to get a big-time position in any company or organization you need to know someone who will hook you up, it is not fair but that is the reality all over the world. You have mentioned about the guy who worked for " Bodi ya Mikopo" being one of Msola's cronies, can you please tell us more about his credentials and whether you think he has what it takes "qualified" to hold that position.

The boy is the son of Bangu named ASSANGE BANGU. Remember Bangu and Msolla are coming from the same area. You can wonder this boy is a DIRECTOR OF RESEARCH AND PLANNING. He started SUA as a Planner with BA(Economics), later Msolla connected him to a MA(Economics) in China. Then, coming back to Tz, this post was created purposely for him by Msolla.

Mzee Zero,

Du wakati ule akiwa SUA Msolla alikuwa Mkware kweli na wake za watu! Akimpenda mke wako basi atakupa skolaship ya Masters au PhD- wewe ukasome na baade atamstave mke wako na kumtishia kumfukuza ktk nyumba ya chuo hadi amkubalie!

Zero unakumbuka yaliyomfika Geatas (RIP) na mke na familia yake?? Ni mambo ya aibu sana!

Yet leo huyu ni waziri wa URT???????

Morals mkuu---... morals....!

Msolla hajui morals na mtu mchafu.. he does not deserve any public office!!!

Hiyo story ya Geatas sikuipata. Mimi nilitoka mitaa ile 94 hivyo kuna mambo nimepitwa na wakati. Jamaa zangu huwa wananiupdate nikizuka Bongo. Lakini sijakanyaga kitambo kidogo.

Unbelievable!! huyo kijana majuzi (late 90s) si alikuwa anasoma secondary forest hill, yaani leo ni hii ni mkurugenzi tayari, tena chuo kikuu!!

Hapana siwezi amini.Hiyo experience ameipata wapi?? kawaida description ya kazi kama hiyo eligible candidate unatakiwa experience ya zaidi ya miaka 10.

Kama ni hivyo basi chuo kimekwisha na nchi inaelekea kubaya kabisa.

Unbelievable!! huyo kijana majuzi (late 90s) si alikuwa anasoma secondary forest hill, yaani leo ni hii ni mkurugenzi tayari, tena chuo kikuu!!

Hapana siwezi amini.Hiyo experience ameipata wapi?? kawaida description ya kazi kama hiyo eligible candidate unatakiwa experience ya zaidi ya miaka 10.

Kama ni hivyo basi chuo kimekwisha na nchi inaelekea kubaya kabisa.

Hiyo post iko bodi ya mikopo sio SUA. It's true ni kijana mdogo lakini Msolla aangaliii cha udogo wala nini. Kamaliza UDSM mwaka 1998 na kazi ya kwanza ilikuwa ni SUA kwa kuwa baba yake mdogo Msolla alikuwepo, sasa Msolla kawa waziri na imebidi atengenezewe hiyo ajira kwenye bodi ya mikopo kwani hicho cheo kimetengenezwa kwa ajili yake yeye.

Inafaa kuunganisha nguvu katika hili. Jaribu ku-beep Mwanakijiji; kwani nadhani aliwahi kuwa na kampeni ya kuhusu Msolla hapa JF.

Point taken, Mtoa mada ni wewe uliyeandika au kuna Mwalimu pale SUA kakupa ubandike hapa

just curious!!

Back
Top Bottom