Tired of being a ‘Mainlander’, I want Tanganyika Uhuru Day back!

Ustaadh

JF-Expert Member
Oct 25, 2009
NOWADAYS, most women chose to keep their maiden names and not take on their husbands’ surnames when they get married, it may have become a fashionable thing to
keep our names or even use both names, but I am sure for most is for identity reasons.

If you take on your husband’s name, you may miss the boring, ‘Do you know Aliko of…?’
-- which I always get, and being introduced to some distant relative, the one you have never heard of. If you have common first name, your former class mates will not look twice at the name in front of them, since they do not recognize it.

More importantly, people may forget who your father is or of which clan or tribe you belong to, actually people will start thinking that you belong to your husband’s clan or tribe.

There is nothing bad about that, after all, it may be your way of bonding with your husband, but as a name is an identity, changing the last name may mean losing your identity as a daughter of someone through a name, and becoming a wife of someone.

That is what exactly happened to my beloved Tanganyika; when it lost its name to acquire Tanzania after its marriage with Zanzibar.

Reading though the independent day celebration stories last week, I was amazed at how I could not find the word Tanganyika in the first paragraphs.

Zanzibar kept its name, which makes me wonder if Zanzibar the husband in this marriage. Tanganyika is referred to as Tanzania mainland, even when marking its independence day; the papers were like ‘President Kikwete led Tanzanians to mark the 49th anniversary
of the Mainland independence from the British colonial administration’.

Just talk about Tanganyika to anyone who is not a Tanzanian and they may think you are talking about a newly-discovered dinosaur species that become extinct 65 million years ago; maybe that is what it has become, a long lost dinosaur!

But we have not become extinct, nor has our country. We are proud of being Tanzanians; but I know I am tired of being a Mainlander; I happened to have been born in a country called Tanzania, and so is every Zanzibari born after 1964, so someone please explain
why I am not a Tanganyikan as much as I am a Tanzanian.

Only 49 years after, which is very young for a nation, Tanganyika as a name, as an identity
has already become extinct? The first recorders of history; the media, is leading people to forgetting that the December 9, celebrations are to mark the Tanganyika Independence
Day, just another strong reason for a new constitution!

That is on top of having two presidents, two VPs, two PMs (even if they call theirs a chief),
two attorney generals, the list is endless, who are just adding to our ‘rich’ nation’s expenditures.

Who you and I, the walalahoi, are paying for untill they die, -- how I wish Prez JK would have mentioned my name as a Premier, even if it would have been for one day, I
wouldn’t have to work ever.

In this case, I support the shepherd-without-sheep; Mtikila, I want my beloved Tanganyika, not that I do not want the union or I hate being a Tanzania, but come on, let’s have equal rights in this marriage -- if there are Zanzibaris inside Tanzania, then surely there must be Tanganyikans, am one of the millions!

Source: Daily News | Tired of being a ‘Mainlander’, I want Tanganyika Uhuru Day back

Mkuu,

Usiwe na wasiwasi, kama Tanzania bara limekutosha, basi tutakuongezea, Tanzania baramwambao, tanzania barabara, tanzania baravisiwani, tanzania barapwani. Utachagua unalolipenda lakini haturudi huko kwenye Tanganyika, hilo ni la mkoloni as per Buchanan.

Jina Tanzania bara limetusaidia kutokomeza umaskini,ujinga na ufisadi, pia kukuza uchumi tz:

be happy!

Mkuu,

Usiwe na wasiwasi, kama Tanzania bara limekutosha, basi tutakuongezea, Tanzania baramwambao, tanzania barabara, tanzania baravisiwani, tanzania barapwani. Utachagua unalolipenda lakini haturudi huko kwenye Tanganyika, hilo ni la mkoloni as per Buchanan.

Jina Tanzania bara limetusaidia kutokomeza umaskini,ujinga na ufisadi, pia kukuza uchumi tz:[/SIZE]

be happy!

Hivi kumbe wenzetu mnaamini kuwa mmeshamaliza kazi ya kutokomeza UMASKINI, UJINGA, UFISADI na KUKUZA UCHUMI Tanzania? Au ndio maana mnajipongeza kwa kutumia magari ya kifahari na safari zisizoisha za ulaya na Marekani?

Mkuu,

Jina Tanzania bara limetusaidia kutokomeza umaskini,ujinga na ufisadi, pia kukuza uchumi tz:

be happy!

Imekuwa vigumu sana kujua kama ulichochangia kinahusiana na alichoandika mtoa hoja...

Mkuu,

be happy!

With due respect, You got me wrong for sure!

Mkuu,

be happy!

lilifutwa lini hili jina na sheria gani au kipengele kipi hata ulichukie hivyo ndugu

Mkuu,

be happy!

Siwezi kuwa na raha mpaka unijibu tanzania unaojidai nayo imetokomezaje UMASKINI UJINGA UFISADI NA KUKUZA UCHUMI LINI? Nina uhakika wewe ni mmojawapo wa wazenj mnaoona TANGANYIKA NI SHAMBA LA BIBI MLILO PEWA URITHI NA MAMA ZENU? Ukila na kipofu usimshike MKONO HIVYO BASI NINAMUOMBA MWENYEZI MUNGU MWINGI WA REHEMA NA AKUNUSURU AKUWEKE HAI HADI USHUHUDIE KWA MACHO YAKO TANGANYIKA IKIFUFUKA MCHANA KWEUPE KWEUPE HAPO UCHUKUE SUMU YA PANYA ULE UFE! MAANA MWENDAWAZIMU SI LAZIMA ABEBE KIROBA CHA MAVI BALI UTAMTAMBUA KWA JINSI ANAVYO ONGEA UTAJUA HUYU CHIZI FRESH! HABARI NDIO HIYO! SEMA INSHAALAH!

With due respect, You got me wrong for sure!

Mkuu ,
Niliipenda ile jawabu ya rais wa Tanganyika nani?
Uliyoitowa kwenye katiba. so Tanganyika ina rais lakini haina nchi?
still, utanzania umetusaidiaje? kuondoa ujinga ,umasikini na ufisadi?

Mkuu ,
Niliipenda ile jawabu ya rais wa Tanganyika nani?
Uliyoitowa kwenye katiba. so Tanganyika ina rais lakini haina nchi?
still, utanzania umetusaidiaje? kuondoa ujinga ,umasikini na ufisadi?

Sasa kama jina Tanzania au Tanganyika halisaidii kuondoa umaskini si tutafute mambo yanayoweza kutusaidia kuuondoa?

Sasa kama jina Tanzania au Tanganyika halisaidii kuondoa umaskini si tutafute mambo yanayoweza kutusaidia kuuondoa?

Mkuu,

I like this answer better! You received the msg well.

Katiba mpya kwa kuanzia!

Back
Top Bottom