Time Perception

mazojms

JF-Expert Member
Sep 22, 2017
As i was sitting looking at the sky, i saw the sky colored by beautiful, yellowish, and gold-like color of the setting sun. It was like the sky was burning except it was beautiful and perfect. Ghafra i started thinking how useless i was in this precious and ending day. For some reasons i realised that siku zinakimbia mazee, yani with a blink of an eye jua limezama. And the days don't seem to get any slower, they are not as slow as i remember them when i was a kid( those good old days).

I am a thinker and i always think about a lot of things, almost anything i can think about (I'm like Steve Hawking when it comes to thinking). so this time i decided to look more into this " Time thingy".

Okey! Lets get right into it.

EXPERIENCES
_ I remember the time when my grandmother( God rest her soul) used to sit on a chair for almost 12hrs ( that's half a day), yani akiamka asubuhi anaenda kuketi kwenye kiti chake paka jua lizame. Nilikua naliona ni jambo la kawaida and ofcoz ni kawaida kwa wazee wenye umri mkubwa. But now that iam trying to connect that phenomenon with the " Time thingy" naanza kuona lilikua jambo strange sana.
She was still strong so she could've moved to any place she wanted but for some reasons ( exept for the necessary movements, which ofcoz are necessary) she choose to stay in that one place.

_ Ninaishi mazingira yenye watoto and believe me guys; kids can do a lot of things in a day which makes it very hard to deal with them. So guys! just don't have kids ( Hahaha i am just kidding, kidding is amaizing so are the kids). Yani kama ukijipa kazi ya kuandika kila anachofanya mtoto siku nzima then that 'll surely be a busy day for you. Big-up to all the mothers out there.

_ Waiting is a very hard experience regardless of the amount of time that you have to wait. You can wait for minutes, hours, days, months and even for years, but as long as you are waiting time 'll seem to slow down like a slomo in an indian movie and i hate idian movies. (Mai napharat karata hoon idian movies)

_ Have you ever been in a bad date? Well! I still remember that one particular date maana those 3 hrs took 3 years to end, yaani paka leo nina phobia ya dates.

THOUGHTS
_ Mwaka unamiezi 12, mwezi una wiki 4, wiki ina siku saba, siku ina masaa 24, saa ina dakika 60 na dakika ina sekunde 60. This is the chronological passage of time that everyone is aware of, well! ecxept for the maasai people ( Hope u got the joke). But there is another form of time that exists in our minds lets call it "Mind time". Mind time and Normal time are two totally different things and they flow at varying rates.

_ Our perception of time (Mind time) shifts constantly, depending on the activities we’re engaged in and our age. Sijawahi piga maji i hope wale wazee wa maji wataeleza kama alcohol pia inabadili perception ya muda ( au ukishapiga maji unayumba tu hujielewi hahaha).

GOOGLE TIME
_ A mechanical engineering professor named Adrian Bejan, tried to explain the physics behind changing time perception and revealed why the years seem to go fast as we age.

_ According to Bejan "mind time" is made up of a series of images that are fed by stimuli from sensory organs, And as we age, our bodies process the information we take in from our surroundings at a slower rate, this means we consume fewer images than when we were younger, creating the feeling that time is going faster. This idea also explains why some days feel longer than others and why our minds get distracted by unusual experiences rather than those we encounter regularly. The size of our bodies and the pathways in the body all change over time. As our nets of nerves and neurons grow bigger and more complex signals must shoot along longer and older pathways, making them harder to pick up.

_ Pia Claudia Hammond, aliandika katika website ya BBC kwamba " As we get older life inevitably brings fewer fresh experiences, and more routines. Because we use the number of new memories we form to gauge how much time has passed, an average week that doesn't loom large in the memory gives the illusion that time is shrinking."

SUMMING-UP
"Mind time" is an illusion created by our own brains, an illusion that has direct impact in our dairly life. Bibi alikua anakaa sehemu moja just because kwake siku zilikua fupi sana as far as her age was concerned. Although we all've the same 24 hrs, kids percive longer days than old people.

FURTHER THOUGHTS
_ If humans can percive time differently among different age groups and sometimes even under different situations, then the difference in time perception might as well exist significantly between members of different species.

_ You see! Life span ya kobe ni zaidi ya miaka 500, whereas viumbe wengine kama Mayfly have a life span of 24hrs. Assuming that all organisms experience life in the same way, then i'll be right to say 500years of kobe is equal to 24hrs of mayfly.

_ THE END _

Sent using Jamii Forums mobile app
View attachment 1801809

_ « You see! Life span ya kobe ni zaidi ya miaka 500, whereas viumbe wengine kama Mayfly have a life span of 24hrs. Assuming that all organisms experience life in the same way, then i'll be right to say 500years of kobe is equal to 24hrs of mayfly. »

Insightful topic ..! Nakataa kuamini kuwa viumbe wote tuna uzoefu sawa katika maisha yetu. Labda huenda sijakuelewa vizuri mkuu. Ulimanisha nini haswa kusema .. All organisms experience life in same way ?

_ « You see! Life span ya kobe ni zaidi ya miaka 500, whereas viumbe wengine kama Mayfly have a life span of 24hrs. Assuming that all organisms experience life in the same way, then i'll be right to say 500years of kobe is equal to 24hrs of mayfly. »

Insightful topic ..! Nakataa kuamini kuwa viumbe wote tuna uzoefu sawa katika maisha yetu. Labda huenda sijakuelewa vizuri mkuu. Ulimanisha nini haswa kusema .. All organisms experience life in same way ?
Lets forget about Clock time for a moment,
Mfano! Mimi ni binadamu na nakumbuka kwamba kuna kipindi nilikua mtoto, baada ya matukio kadhaa nikawa kijana na ninatarajia kua mzee. But before i get old kuna matukio ambayo nahakika naweza kuyakamilisha kabla nguvu hazijaniishia. Sasa hii ndiyo experience ninayo izungumzia.

_ Ukiambiwa leo kwamba utaishi miaka 1000, wazo la kwanza litakuja kwamba " huo ni muda mrefu sana and i'll have a boring life" ...
Vile vile ukifikiria kuvaa kiatu cha nzi anaeishi wiki nne utasema hayo ni maisha mafupi sana na hutoenjoy maisha kabisa.

_ Sasa je viumbe wenye lifespan fupi hawafurahii maisha? Na je viumbe wenye lifespan kubwa wanaishi maisha ambayo ni boring? Kama jibu ni Hapana na Hapana basi sote tuna experience maisha kwa namna moja bila kujali "Clock time".

Hata kama tupo jukwaa la intelligence mkuu.. Lainisha lainisha kingereza wengine tunacho cha juu juu tu

According to Bejan "mind time" is made up of a series of images that are fed by stimuli from sensory organs, And as we age, our bodies process the information we take in from our surroundings at a slower rate, this means we consume fewer images than when we were younger, creating the feeling that time is going faster.
I agree ,the time thingy is indeed going faster, what about our perception of slopes ,sijui ni mimi tu, slopes are getting less steep.Hivi inawezekana earth is slowly flattening into a saucer shape? Flat earthers are about to have a field day.

I agree ,the time thingy is indeed going faster, what about our perception of slopes ,sijui ni mimi tu, slopes are getting less steep.Hivi inawezekana earth is slowly flattening into a saucer shape? Flat earthers are about to have a field day.
SLOPES GETTING STEEPER
_ Katika karne ya 4 Aristotle made several observations (katika uso wa dunia), and based on those observations he theorized that the earth was changing at an incredibly slow rate such that most of the changes can not be observed during a person's life time. Hii theory ndio msingi wa Geology paka leo, na wote waliofuata baada yake kina al-birun, Steno, Hutton, Wegner n.k walianzia hapohapo kwenye hiyo theory.

_ Dunia inabadilika kila siku, slopes are getting more or less steep depending on the type of geological process in an area. Kuna maeneo yana Uplift (Ardhi inapanda juu slope inakua more steep) na kuna maeneo yanakua weathered and eroded ( Ardhi inakua chini slope inakua less steep). Nafikiri hiyo concept inaelezeka kigiologia.

FLAT EARTH
_ In order to be a flat earther you first need to be ignorant (i mean; very ignorant) in Physics, Geometry, and Mathematics. Flat earthers wanaichukulia hii theory kama dini, they believe despite of having no physical or mathematical proof. Kiufupi hoja zao hazibebeki kisayansi.

Back
Top Bottom