Tiger Woods to break silence with public statement

BAK

JF-Expert Member
Feb 11, 2007
Tiger Woods to break silence with public statement

_47237201_woods_credit.jpg

Woods has not played since winning an event in Australia last November

Tiger Woods will speak publicly on Friday for the first time since the scandal surrounding his private life erupted in late November last year. The golf star's agent, Mark Steinberg, said Woods will address the media at the Sawgrass Clubhouse, Ponte Verde, Florida, at 1600 GMT on 19 February.
"Tiger plans to discuss his past and his future, and he plans to apologise for his behaviour," said Steinberg.
Woods has been on an indefinite break from golf since admitting infidelity.
"Tiger feels as though it's time to make amends and to publicly do that," the agent added.
o.gif
606: DEBATE

The Tavistock Cup will be his warm up event before the Masters, which of course we all knew he would be back for

Woods has not spoken in public since a single-vehicle traffic accident outside his Florida home on 27 November, which was followed by media reports detailing extramarital affairs.
The 34-year-old is married to Swedish model Elin Nordgren, and the couple have two young children.
Steinberg said Woods "will be speaking to a small group of friends, colleagues and close associates" but said a pool of reporters would be present.
"While Tiger feels that what happened is fundamentally a matter between he and his wife, he also recognises that he has hurt and let down a lot of other people who were close to him," Steinberg said.
"He also let down his fans. He wants to begin the process of making amends and that's what he's going to discuss."
However, Steinberg stressed that the golfer would not be answering questions. "This is not a press conference," he said.
Three news wire services will be present, as well as a small group of reporters chosen by the Golf Writers Association of America, with one camera to supply a live satellite feed.
"This is all about the next step," said Steinberg. "He's looking forward to it."
The likely date of Woods' return to golf is one of the hottest topics in sport, with the first major of the year, the US Masters at Augusta, less than two months away.
The latest speculation is that he will opt to play at the unofficial - and private - Tavistock Cup event on his home course Isleworth in Florida on 22-23 March.
The Masters takes place at Augusta National from 8-11 April.

Tiger Woods makes emotional apology for infidelity

An tearful Tiger Woods has made a frank apology for cheating on his wife.
The world number one golfer was talking publicly for the first time since the scandal surrounding his private life erupted in late November last year.
"I was unfaithful, I had affairs and I cheated. What I did was unacceptable," said the 14-time major winner.
The 34-year-old added: "I hurt my wife, my kids, my mother, my wife's family, my friends, my foundation and kids all around the world who admired me."
Woods said he did not rule out returning to golf this year but indicated he did not as yet have a date, adding he would be undergoing further therapy for his problems on Saturday.
"I do plan to return to golf one day," said the American. "I just don't know when that day will be.
"I don't rule out that it will be this year. When I do return I need to make my behaviour more respectful to the game."
Friday's media event at PGA Tour headquarters at the TPC Sawgrass clubhouse in Florida was tightly controlled, with only a few journalists allowed access.
Woods spoke for more than 13 minutes, addressing about 40 people in the room, including his mother, friends, colleagues and close associates. His wife, Elin, was not present.
Addressing his personal issues, Woods said: "I am the only person to blame. I stopped living by the core values I was taught to believe in.
"I knew my actions were wrong but I convinced myself that normal rules didn't apply. I never thought about who I was hurting, instead I thought only about myself. I ran straight through the boundaries a married couple should live by.
"I thought I could get away with whatever I wanted to. I felt that I had worked hard my entire life and deserved to enjoy all the temptations around me. I felt I was entitled, and thanks to money and fame, I didn't have to go far to find them.
"I was wrong and I was foolish."
Woods claimed therapy had helped him start to deal with his problems and vowed there would be no repeat of his infidelities.
"I've had a lot of time to think about what I've done," he continued.
"My failures have made me look at myself in a way I've never wanted to before. It's now up to me to make amends. And that starts by never repeating the mistakes I've made.
"It's up to me to start living a life of integrity. It's hard to admit that I need help but I do.
"For 45 days from the end of December to early February I was in in-patient therapy receiving guidance for the issues I'm facing. I have a long way to go. I have taken my first steps in the right direction."
Woods said he and his wife were attempting to work through their problems and made an appeal for privacy.
"I know people want to find out how I could be so selfish and so foolish," he continued.
"People want to know how I could have done these things to my wife, Elin, and to my children. And, while I have always tried to be a private person, there are some things I want to say.
"Elin and I have started the process of discussing the damage caused by my behaviour. We have a lot to discuss and what we say to each other will remain between the two of us."
Woods also vehemently denied allegations his car crash was caused after Elin attempted to attack him with a golf club following revelations about his affairs.
"I have a lot to atone for but there's one issue I really want to discuss," he said. "Some people have speculated that Elin somehow hurt or attacked me on Thanksgiving night.
"It angers me that people would fabricate a story like that. Elin never hit me that night or any other night. There has never been an episode of domestic violence in our marriage.
"Elin has shown enormous grace and poise throughout this ordeal. Elin deserves praise not blame."
Woods also expressed his gratitude for the messages of support he and his wife have received.
"In recent weeks I have received many thousands of emails, letters and phone calls from people expressing good wishes," he said.
"To everyone who has reached out to me and my family, thank you. Your encouragement means the world to Elin and me.
"I want to thank the PGA Tour, commissioner (Tim) Finchem and the players for their patience and understanding while I work on my private life. I look forward to seeing my fellow players on the course.
"Finally, there are many people in this room and there are many people at home who believed in me. I want to ask for your help. I ask you to find room in your heart to one day believe in me again."
Woods then embraced his mother as he left the stage.
Shocking revelations about his infidelity were triggered after he was injured when he crashed his car into a fire hydrant and a tree near his Florida home on 27 November.
Two days later, he released a statement in which he said the issue involved was "private ... and I want to keep it that way".
After missing his own tournament, the Chevron World Challenge, he released a statement following persistent allegations over extra-marital affairs.
At the time a statement to his website read: "I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart."
Amid continued allegations of affairs, several high-profile sponsors announced they were ending their links with Woods.
A further statement in which he admitted his "infidelity" followed but this month speculation of his return to golf heightened ahead of the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship in Arizona.
On Tuesday, it was announced Woods would make a statement on Friday but the timing - during a tournament backed by one of his former sponsors - was criticised by several leading figures in the game, among them Ernie Els and Sergio Garcia.
Woods said, however, that the timing of his apology was to allow him to return to therapy on Saturday.

Source;http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/golf/8521060.stm

Lol!, mkubwa alivyojieleza, hii kitu uisikie tu, usiombe ije ikukute (more esp. ktk nchi baadhi mbelembele huko).
On the other side of the game, nafikiri Golf inahitaji alot of Meditation ili kuweza kucheza na kushinda, ktk current state of mind ya Tiger will he be able to bounce back ASAP?
Anyways hii kitu mapenzi hata Ngoswe aliharibu kazi, ni ngumu sana, hivi ww unayesoma post yngu hii hapa chini hujawai cheat kwa mme/mke au mpz wako kweli?, if YES, then put ur thanks down here! Lol!!...
BTW; mm sioni option ya 'thanks' kwa my own post, may i would have 'tried' to put it..tehetehe!

Lol!, mkubwa alivyojieleza, hii kitu uisikie tu, usiombe ije ikukute (more esp. ktk nchi baadhi mbelembele huko).
On the other side of the game, nafikiri Golf inahitaji alot of Meditation ili kuweza kucheza na kushinda, ktk current state of mind ya Tiger will he be able to bounce back ASAP?
Anyways hii kitu mapenzi hata Ngoswe aliharibu kazi, ni ngumu sana, hivi ww unayesoma post yngu hii hapa chini hujawai cheat kwa mme/mke au mpz wako kweli?, if YES, then put ur thanks down here! Lol!!...
BTW; mm sioni option ya 'thanks' kwa my own post, may i would have 'tried' to put it..tehetehe!

Hahahahahaha Mkuu Manda unataka kujipa "thanks" mwenyewe siyo!? :) go ahead Board of directors ya JF wamekupa ruhusa hiyo ya kujigongea "thanks" lakini wapi unagonga kazi kwako...LOL!

Hahahahahaha Mkuu Manda unataka kujipa "thanks" mwenyewe siyo!? :) go ahead Board of directors ya JF wamekupa ruhusa hiyo ya kujigongea "thanks" lakini wapi unagonga kazi kwako...LOL!
Bruh!..
As long as umeshindwa npa thanks wewe (which means **$#, hope waelewa nn namanisha) then let me nkupe 'thanks' ambayo itawakilisha 'thanks' yngu ktk post yangu...Lol!
BTW Ile kitu hata 'bubu' asiye taka kusema mbn atasema..Lol!

Maria Roza?!!...Lol!, may be, unless the name represents ur actual gender,as i said, 'may be'...BTW, congs,'...

kweli anatia huruma, duh.... ila haya ndio maisha leo kwake kesho kwa mwingine.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pahxZnEyMNI[/ame]

Hiyo ndo cost ya kuwa celebrity, waume zetu wanaji-cheat-ia kimya kimya. hata akikamatwa utaishia kuombwa msamaha tu yanaisha, hakuna jamii itakayojua.
nafurahia sana kuwa na private life.

This the price you pay for being a celebrity in the public domain. Kwa wengine wasiokuwa katika public arena that is normal. Watu wanacheat kila siku wengine wanawaambia hasa wake zao kuwa wanawake nje (which is to me ni ujinga). Swali linakuja akishapologise then what!!!!

Mie nadhani tiger arudi kwenye golf wengine tupate kushinda bets zetu kuomba radhi asiombe hakumsaidiii yeye wala sie. Hao wanawake sasa hivi wanachokitafuta ni pesa tu!!!!. Wanataka awaombe radhi ili wapeleke mahakamani kitu kinachoitwa defarmation of their reputation na jamaa akijiingiza tu kukubali hilo ameliwa maana ukweli ni kwamba kama mwanamke amekubali kutembea na tiger do you think alikuwa hajui ameoa!!!! (Sijui). Kimsingi mie naona alichokifanya kinatosha arudi katika game life goes on

Bruh!..

As long as umeshindwa npa thanks wewe (which means **$#, hope waelewa nn namanisha) then let me nkupe 'thanks' ambayo itawakilisha 'thanks' yngu ktk post yangu...Lol!
BTW Ile kitu hata 'bubu' asiye taka kusema mbn atasema..Lol!

Haya nimekutunuku Mkuu :), Naam BAK alikuwa kakaa pembeni wakati nchi inatafunwa na wenye meno huku wale wenye mapengo wakiangalia tu na ndipo BAK akasema naye ajitose angalau achangie ili hata hao wenye mapengo waanza kufaidi utajiri mkubwa wa Tanzania

tiger595.jpg

Tiger will be back at the Masters ......

It is true Mkuu, TW will be back. Golf needs TW. There are so many people who are not faithful in their marriages all over the World, the only difference is most people don't get caught and until they do it's business as usual .

Funny though how the masses salivate and beat their drums when someone like the Tiger gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar ...Tiger Woods is a "human being" not unlike any of us.