The Ultimate Collection of Best Freeware to Create Bootable USB Drive to Install Windows and Linux

Herbalist Dr MziziMkavu

JF-Expert Member
Feb 3, 2009
Many times we need to install fresh Windows or a Linux distro in a computer system but we don't have access to a working CD/DVD drive. Sometimes the computer system doesn't have any CD/DVD drive attached or sometimes the drive might be faulty or can't read your setup disc.

Then what to do in such situation? How to install Windows or Linux in the system without a working CD/DVD drive? Here comes bootable USB drive to the rescue!

You can create a bootable USB drive to install Windows or Linux in your computer system. It'll allow you to boot your system using it and then it'll run the OS setup just like you do with a CD or DVD.

There are also many other benefits in installing Windows or Linux using a bootable USB drive. It makes the OS installation faster as it takes less time in copying the files from USB to hard disk compared to a CD/DVD. Also there is no need to worry about scratches or "can't copy files" error messages in case of a USB drive which we always do while installing the OS using a CD or DVD.

But creating a bootable USB drive is not very easy task. You need to run a few commands and need to follow a few steps to make it working. That's why we have shared lots of free software in past to create bootable USB drives to install Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7,

Windows 8, Windows Server 2003, Server 2008 and many Linux distro like Ubuntu, Fedora, Linux Mint, Mandriva, etc.

For your convenience, we are putting all these free tools together in this single place so that you don't need to waste your time in searching for them.

So without wasting time lets share all freeware which help you in creating bootable USB drives to install Windows and Linux:
A Bootable USB:
"A Bootable USB" is an AskVG exclusive free tool which allows you to create bootable USB drive to install Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7.
A_Bootable_USB.png

Download A Bootable USB

WBI Creator:
"WBI Creator" is another freeware released by us which allows you to create bootable ISO image file of Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 setup which can be copied to a USB drive using other freeware mentioned in this topic.
windows_bootable_image_creator_by_vishal_gupta-d4ba9mu.png

Download WBI Creator

Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool:
"Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool" is an official freeware from Microsoft which allows you to create a bootable USB drive to install Windows 7 and Windows 8. It also allows you to create bootable DVD.
Windows_7_USB_DVD_Download_Tool.png

Download Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool

WinToFlash:
"WinToFlash" is a free software to create bootable USB drives for Windows XP, Server 2003, Vista, Server 2008 and 7 setup. WinToFlash can also transfer your live CD or DVD to USB card.
WinToFlash.png

Download WinToFlash

Setup from USB:
"Setup from USB" is a free tool to convert your USB flash drive into Windows Vista or Windows 7 bootable setup disk. You can make your USB drive as bootable and setup Windows Vista or Windows 7 on any computer that supports booting from USB.
Setup_from_USB.png

Download Setup from USB

XBoot:
"XBoot" is a free utility for creating Multiboot USB drives or ISO image files. XBoot can combine ISO files in to one Multiboot ISO file or create Multiboot USB in just few clicks.
XBoot.png

Download XBoot

Win32 Disk Imager:
"Win32 Disk Imager" is a free utility available for Windows which can be used for writing and restoring images to/from removable drives (USB drives, SD Memory cards, etc). It can be used to write bootable images to a usb drive, making it bootable.
Win32_Disk_Imager.png

Download Win32 Disk Imager

UNetbootin:
"UNetbootin" allows you to create bootable Live USB drives for Ubuntu, Fedora, and other Linux distributions without burning a CD. It runs on both Windows and Linux.
UNetbootin.png

Download UNetbootin

Rufus:
"Rufus" is a small and portable tool which allows you to format and create bootable USB drives for Windows and Linux OS. The most impressive thing about this tool is its interface. It looks very close to default format window which is shown by Windows whenever you try to format a hard disk partition or a USB drive.
Rufus_Bootable_USB_Creator.png

Download Rufus
That's all for now guys. If you know about any other good and free tool to create bootable USB drive for Windows or Linux, please feel free to share it in your comment. Also let us know your valuable feedback about the above mentioned freeware...

How to Get Extra FREE Space in Windows?

Most of us face lower disk space problem in Windows. Many times Windows notifies us about the lower disk space and we are forced to delete some useless files or to resize the partition to get some free space. We are posting this tutorial to share some simple methods to get as mush FREE space as we can.
Following are some ways to get free space in Windows:

First thing is to use windows built-in "Disk Cleanup" application. You can right-click on a drive in My Computer and select "Properties" now click on "Disk Cleanup" button. Now select all given options, like "Downloaded Program Files", "Temporary Internet Files", "Compress old files", etc. Sometimes you can get more than 1GB FREE space after using Disk Cleanup.
Alternatively you can run "Disk Cleanup" directly from RUN dialog box by giving "cleanmgr.exe" command.

Now open Windows Search and copy paste following code in Search box and perform a search:
*.tmp;*.log;*log.txt;*readme.txt;file_id.diz;*.bak;*.old;*.syd;*.prv;*.grp;*.gid;*.fts;*.cnt;*.~mp
You should check all files before deleting. You'll get 100's of files after searching, simply select all and press and delete them.
PS: Please check the files before deletion! It'll delete all Readme files, Backup files, Log files, etc. So deselect the files first, which you don't want to delete.

You can also disable WFP (Windows File Protection) service in Windows XP using WFP Patcher. This service runs in background and checks for system files status, and whenever it finds a system file has been changed/modified, it replaces the file with the original file stored in "DLLcache" folder. So we can disable this service and can get lots of FREE space.
After disabling the service, open "%windir%\System32\DLLCache" folder (it'll be HIDDEN & System Folder, so copy paste the path in address bar and press <ENTER>). Now you can safely delete all files present in this folder. It'll make aprrox. 1GB FREE space.

Open "System Properties" by right-click on "My Computer" icon on Desktop and select "Properties", now go to "System Restore" tab and select "Turn Off System Restore on all drives" option and apply it. Don't use this trick if you use System Restore.

You can also delete several BMP files present in %windir% (Windows) folder, which are used as wallpapers in Desktop Properties. You can also delete all files in %windir%\Web\Wallpaper folder, all files in this folder are also used as wallpapers.

You can also empty TEMP (just type "TEMP" and "%TEMP%" one by one in RUN dialog box), Prefetch (in%windir% folder) folders to get free space.

Disable Hibernation from "Power Settings" (powercfg.cpl), if you don't use this feature.

Empty Temporary Internet files of your web browser to get some free space.

You can also delete all video files present in %windir%\system32\oobe\images folder, these files are used when windows runs for the first time after installation.

You can also delete all updates Uninstall Folders, which can be found in %windir% folder and all these folders' names will start from $NtUninstall (or something like that. Also all folders would be HIDDEN). But keep in mind that after deleting these folders you'll not be able to uninstall any windows update!

You can apply all above mention methods to get lots of FREE space without any problem.

You can also use 3rd party Utilities, like Tuneup Utility, System Mechanic, etc to FREE some space but these utilities also use most of the above mentioned techniques.

[Help & Support] Common and Frequently Asked Problems (FAQ) with Solutions

This topic contains solutions for some common and frequently asked computer problems. You just need to follow the instructions and it'll help you in troubleshooting your problem.

If you have a question, please ask it in your comment!

Before posting about your problem, we advise you to go through following FAQ list:

All Windows problems covered in this topic:

Task Manager/Registry Editor/Tools -> Folder Options disabled.
2. Search window opens while double-clicking on drives.
3. "Cannot find copy.exe" Error while double-clicking on drives.
4. Folder opens in a new window?
5. A sub-folder with the same name is created under parent folder.
6. My Documents/My Computer opens automatically at windows startup.
7. "NTLDR missing" Error at system startup.
8. "Hal.dll is corrupt or missing" Error at system startup.
9. "Windows\System32\config\system file missing or corrupt" Error at system startup.
10. Not able to boot into Windows 2000/XP/2003 after installing Windows 98.
11. Windows XP Boot loader related problems, like adding/removing entries.
12. ScanDisk starts running at windows startup.
13. "CMOS checksum error. Defaults loaded." Error at system startup.
14. I can't see any message in chat window of Yahoo! Messenger.
15. "Stand By" option is greyed out in shutdown dialog box and I can't use it.
16. Windows Login Screen has changed to "Classic Logon Box" automatically.
17. A strange process "ctfmon.exe" running in background.
18. How to recover lost Firefox bookmarks?
19. How to reset the corrupted windows icons?
20. How to make Desktop icons text background transparent?
21. How to get Windows XP Common tasks (Left-side pane in explorer) back?
22. "Copy To"/"Move To" dialog box opens automatically while right-clicking on Start -> Open.
23. Can't set "Show Hidden files/folders" option in "Tools -> Folder Options".
24. Accidentally deleted "mspaint.exe"/"notepad.exe"/etc. file, how to get it back?
25. Thumbnail view is not working in Windows Explorer.
26. Search companion window opens blank in Windows XP Search.

PS:
If you don't see your problem listed above, check out our exclusive "Troubleshooting" section which should contain a working solution for your problem.

And following are solutions to troubleshoot and fix all above mentioned PC problems:
--------------------------------------------------

Q. 1. In my windows Task Manager / Registry Editor / Tools -> Folder Options has been disabled. I'm getting warning message that "It has been disabled by Administrator". How can I enable it again?

Sol: Please visit following articles:
How to Fix "Task Manager has been Disabled by Your Administrator"?
How to Enable Tools -> Folder Options and Registry Editor in Windows
If any other Windows component like RUN, Desktop Properties, System Properties, etc has been disabled, then you can check following link:
List of All Kinds of Restrictions for Windows 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista, Server 2008 and 7
Q. 2. Whenever I double-click on any drive/folder in My Computer, a Search window opens.
Sol: Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to following keys one by one:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell
In right-side pane, delete the "Default" key. If it doesn't work then delete the key "find" under both.
Q. 3. Whenever I double-click on any drive in My Computer, "Open with" dialog box opens OR I get following error message:
Cannot find copy.exe. Make sure you have typed the name correctly and then try again.
Sol: Enable "Show hidden files" option in "Tools -> Folder Options" and then search for "Autorun.inf" file in all drives and if you get them in root of any drive (e.g. in C:\, D:\ and so on), delete them.
Q. 4. Whenever I double-click on any folder in My Computer, it opens in a new window even I have selected the option "Always open folders in same window" in "Tools -> Folder Options".
Sol: Download following zip file, extract it and then run .REG file and confirm the action:
Download Link
Q. 5. Whenever I open a folder, another folder with the same name is created under it.
Sol: Your system is infected by a variant of Indonesian virus called Brontok/Rontokbro. It creates a sub-folder in a folder with same name. Please follow the instructions given in following topic:
[Virus Removal] Is Your Computer Infected with Virus, Spyware, Adware or Trojan?
Q. 6. Whenever I start my computer, My Documents/My Computer opens automatically at windows startup.
Sol: Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
In right-side pane, change value of "Userinit" to:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,
NOTE: If you have windows installed in other drives, then change C:\ to that drive label.
Now go to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\Advanced
In right-side pane, change value of "PersistBrowsers" to 0
Now log off windows and it should solve the problem.
Q. 7. When I start my computer, I get error message:
NTLDR is missing
or
Boot: Couldn't find NTLDR
Sol: Boot using Windows Setup CD and enter into "Recovery Console" by pressing "R". Now Log into windows installation and enter admin password. Now give following commands at prompt:
copy x:\i386\ntldr c:\
copy x:\i386\ntdetect.com c:\

Where "x" is your CD drive, change it acc. to your system.
Q. 8. When I start my computer, I get error message:
Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
<Windows root>\system32\hal.dll.
Please re-install a copy of the above file.
Sol: Boot using Windows Setup CD and enter into "Recovery Console" by pressing "R". Now Log into windows installation and enter admin password. Now give following commands at prompt:
Attrib -H -R -S C:\Boot.ini
Del C:\Boot.ini
BootCfg /Rebuild
Fixboot

Q. 9. When I start my computer, I get error message:
"Windows\System32\config\system" file missing or corrupt.
copy %windir%\Repair\system %windir%\System32\Config
If it doesn't work, then again boot into "Recovery Console" and give following commands:
fixmbr
bootcfg /scan
bootcfg /rebuild
fixboot

Q. 10. I have Windows 2000/XP/2003 installed in my system and yesterday I installed Windows 98 over it, after that I'm not able to boot into Windows 2000/XP.2003. I'm not getting option to select the OS.
Sol: Windows 98 has overwritten the boot loader. Boot using Windows Setup CD and enter into "Recovery Console" by pressing "R". Now Log into windows installation and enter admin password. Now give following commands at prompt:
fixmbr
bootcfg /scan
bootcfg /rebuild
fixboot

Q. 11. When I start my system, I'm getting 2 entries for windows XP in the boot loader. How can I remove the duplicate entry?
OR
How can I change the default OS in windows boot loader?
OR
How can I change the entry labels in windows boot loader?
OR
How can I change the boot loader time? Its set to 30 seconds and I want to change it.
Sol: There are several way. You can follow any of following:
A. Type "sysdm.cpl" in RUN dialog box and press <Enter>. Now go to "Advanced" tab and click on "Settings" button in "Startup & Recovery" section. Now click on "Edit" button and then you can edit the boot loader time, labels, etc.
B. Type "msconfig" in RUN dialog box and go to "Boot.ini" tab and then you can change the desired thing. If you want to remove the corrupt/non-working entries, then click on "Check all boot paths" button.
C. Enable "Show hidden files/folders" and disable "Hide protected system files" options in "Tools -> Folder Options". Now open C:\ drive and remove the READ-ONLY attribute of "BOOT.INI" file from its Properties. Now open this file and then you can make your desired changes.
Q. 12. Whenever I start my computer, Scandisk starts running even I proper shut down the PC last time.
Sol: Do as following:
A. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager
In right-side pane, change the value of BootExecute to:
autocheck autochk *
B. If the above trick doesn't help then give following commands in Command Prompt:
chkntfs /x drive_name
for e.g., if ScanDisk runs automatically for C: and D: drives, then give following commands one by one:
chkntfs /x C:
chkntfs /x D:

Q. 13. When I start my computer, I get following error message:
CMOS checksum error, defaults loaded.
Sol: Open your computer cabinet and look for a small coin-sized battery attached in motherboard. Replace it with a new one.
Q. 14. In Yahoo! Messenger, whenever I send a message or get a message I can't see the contents in chat window. All I can see is a blank window.
Sol: Please download Windows Script using following links:

If you are using Windows Vista or 7, it already comes with Windows Script pre-installed. You just need to provide following command in RUN or Command Prompt:
regsvr32 vbscript.dll
Q. 15. I re-installed my windows and now "Stand By" option is greyed out in shutdown dialog box and I can't use it.
Sol: Install VGA drivers from your motherboard CD and the option will be enabled. If you don't have the motherboard CD, then go to the manufacturer website and download the required drivers.
Q. 16. My Windows Login Screen has changed to "Classic Logon Box". I want the new Welcome Screen back.
Sol: Please visit following article:
How to Enable / Disable New XP Style Welcome Screen, Log Off and Shut Down Dialog Box in Windows XP?
Q. 17. A strange process "ctfmon.exe" always runs in background and if I click on "End Process" button, it restarts automatically.
Sol: Open Control Panel and go to Add/Remove Programs list. Now click on the Microsoft Office entry and then click on "Change" button. Now select "Add/Remove Features" and click on "Next". Now expand "Office Shared Features" and click on "Alternative User Input" and then select "Not Available" and finally click on Update. It'll permanently remove that ctfmon.exe and your problem will be solved.
You can also use 3rd party utility "CTFMON-Remover" to get rid of ctfmon.exe easily and quickly:
Q. 18. I just noticed that all my Firefox Bookmarks have gone. The bookmarks list is empty. How can I get them back?
Sol: Type "%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles" in RUN dialog box and then open the "xxxx.default" folder (where xxxx will be random numbers and characters). Now open "bookmarkbackups" folder and you'll get your bookmarks there. Now you can import them in Firefox again.
Q. 19. My Windows is showing some wrong icons of files. How can I reset the corrupted icons?
Sol: You can use any of following methods:
A. Download TweakUI from here and then click on "Repair Icons" in "Repair" section.
B. Open My Computer and go to:
C:\Documents and Settings\User_Name\Local Settings\Application Data
Replace C:\ with your system drive and "user_Name" with your username.
Now there'll be a HIDDEN file "iconcache.db", delete it and restart your system.
Q. 20. I'm using Windows XP and the desktop icons suddenly started showing an ugly background rectangle behind the text. How can I make the text transparent?
Sol: Type "sysdm.cpl" in RUN dialog box and press <Enter>. Now go to "Advanced" tab, click on "Setting" button in "Performance" section and enable the option "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop".
Q. 21. I'm using Windows XP and suddenly the Common tasks stopped showing in left-side pane.
Sol: Open "Tools -> Folder Options" and enable the option "Show Common Tasks in folders".
Q. 22. Whenever I right-click on Start button and select "Open", a "Copy To"/"Move To" dialog box opens automatically.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ ContextMenuHandlers\
Now under this key, delete following 2 keys:
Copy To
Move To

Q. 23. I can't see Hidden files/folders in my computer. Even I enable the option "Show hidden files/folders" in "Tools -> Folder Options", its automatically disabled again.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden
Under this key, you'll see 2 more keys "NOHIDDEN" and "SHOWALL". Make sure that the values of "CheckedValue" and "DefaultValue" in right-side pane are "2" and "2" for "NOHIDDEN" and "1" and "2" for "SHOWALL" respectively. If its not so, then change them and you'll be able to enable/disable these options in "Folder Options".
You can also alter Hide/unhide settings using registry as following:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\Advanced
In right-side pane, change value of "Hidden" to:
1 - To show hidden files
2 - To not show hidden files

Q. 24. I accidentally deleted my "mspaint.exe"/"notepad.exe"/etc. file, how can I get it back?
Sol: You can use any of following methods:
A. Go to "%windir%\System32\DLLCache" folder and look for the file, if its there then copy it to "%windir%\System32\" folder.
B. Insert your Windows Setup CD and go to "I386" folder. Now look for the same file, it'll present there but the last letter of extension will be "_". e.g., u'll get "mspaint.ex_"/"notepad.ex_"/etc. Now open Command Prompt and go to "I386" folder and give following command:
expand mspaint.ex_ mspaint.exe
expand notepad.ex_ notepad.exe

etc.
Now you can copy the file to "%windir%\System32" folder.
C. Give following command in Command Prompt:
sfc /SCANNOW
It'll automatically restore the files.
Q. 25. Whenever I set "Thumbnail" view in Windows Explorer, the files are not shown as thumbnails.
Sol: Please visit following article:
[FIX] Windows Explorer Doesn't Show Thumbnail Previews in Windows Vista and 7
Windows XP users can also try following commands in RUN dialog box:
regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
regsvr32 thumbvw.dll
regsvr32 shimgvw.dll
Restart your computer and your problem will be solved.
Q. 26. Whenever I open Windows Search in Windows XP, the search companion window opens blank.
Sol 1: Open RUN dialog box and provide following commands one by one:
regsvr32 /i %windir%\srchasst\srchui.dll
regsvr32 %windir%\system32\jscript.dll
Restart your computer and your problem will be solved.
Sol 2: Type %systemroot%\inf command in RUN dialog box and press Enter. It'll open a new window. Look for a file "Srchasst.inf". Right-click on it and select "Install" option.

[Virus Removal] Is Your Computer Infected with Virus, Spyware, Adware or Trojan?

If your computer system is running slow and giving you random problems, it might be infected with a virus. You can find and remove the virus from your PC using following simple steps:
STEP 1 : Post Your HijackThis Log File Content
Download HijackThis from the link given below and scan your system with it. It'll generate a log file, copy the content of the log file and post here.
Download Link
STEP 2 : Fix Suggested Entries in Safe Mode
Note down the suggested entries and boot your Windows in Safe Mode by pressing "F8" key at system startup and select "Safe Mode" option. If you can't boot into Safe Mode, check following topics:
How to Boot Windows in "Safe Mode" When "F8&#8243; Key is not Working?
How to Repair and Enable Corrupted Safe Mode in Windows?
Once you boot into Safe Mode, run HijackThis again, select all suggested entries and click on "Fix checked" button.
HijackThis_Fixing.png

It'll remove the suspicious items from your computer system.
Also don't forget to install and scan your computer system with a good anti-virus and anti-spyware for better protection:

[h=1]Ultimate Collection of Best Free Online Virus Scanners[/h]Its always advised to install an antivirus in our computer system so that it can regularly scan our system and remove suspicious items. Sometimes we might need online virus scanner to scan our system or to scan a particular file.
The reason is very simple, online scanners are easy to use. You don't need to install them. Also online scanners always have up-to-date virus definition databases. You don't need to pay anything for them. Also online scanners come to rescue when you can't install an antivirus in your system because of an existing virus infection.
So today in this topic, we are going to list the best free online virus scanners which are absolutely free to use:

Give them a try and let us know which one do you like the most and why?

[h=1]BitDefender Security Scan: Free Tool to Find Speed, Stability and Security Issues in Windows[/h]
UPDATE: Our readers pointed out that after scan, it asks you to purchase BitDefender Total Security suite to fix the issues which is not an acceptable thing for a free security scanner.
BitDefender Security Scan is a free tool which provides information on the speed, stability and security issues which may affect a Windows machine.
It does not conflict with other security solutions currently installed on your PC, and should be viewed as complementary and an extra layer of assurance.
It also does not slow down your system and may actually make it faster, depending on what issues are identified and fixed. The initial antivirus scan is usually completed in under 2 minutes.
Once the thorough scan is complete, BitDefender Security Scan will show you a detailed report on the status of the security threats and registry errors on your PC. BitDefender will recommend the best solution to secure your PC and / or restore your PC's speed and stability.
Features List:

• AV QuickScan - scans your PC for running viruses, spyware and other online threats &#8211; usually in less than a minute!
  • Registry Tuning - scans your PC for invalid registry entries that can cause slow downs, freezes or crashes.
  • Update watcher - checks for Windows updates which have not been applied yet.
  • Security status - checks for the existence and status of security software on your system.
  • Scheduled Scanning - sets up recurring scans to ensure your system is safe. QuickScan will automatically scan your PC on startup.
  • Antivirus Spot Check - on demand, instantly scans a suspicious file (such as something you've just downloaded) for viruses.
You can download it using following link:
Download Link

FREE Download BitDefender Total Security 2012 Beta

BitDefender has announced the launch of the public BETA for BitDefender Total Security 2012.

According to Florin Virlan, BitDefender Engineering Director, the latest version of BitDefender's flagship PC security product has been designed with

convenience in mind to offer the most secure, efficient and user-friendly experience.

From a user interaction point of view, the new Auto-pilot mode is probably the most notable change. When you turn it on, no alerts are generated anymore and all decisions are made automatically.

Data synchronization between computers has also been added and the secure online backup has been improved.

Other changes include a Scan Dispatcher which runs scanning tasks (including a recurring system scan) in slices of time which are otherwise unused, so that system load from scanning does not interfere with the normal usage of the computer.

The BitDefender Rescue CD has also evolved into a bootable Linux environment suitable for cleaning and restoration work, available directly from the host computer.

You can download the FREE Beta version using following link:

FREE Download ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 and ESET Smart Security 5 Beta

ESET has released Beta versions of NOD32 Antivirus 5 and Smart Security 5 to public.
These new versions introduce a batch of new technological improvements coupled with advanced features to protect your PC from all types of threats, including viruses, worms, rootkits and spyware.

ESET Smart Security 5 lets you start working on your computer immediately after booting, without compromising your security. This new version of

ESET Smart Security detects all types of Internet-borne threats. These including social media scams and social engineering, to which your family members and kids are exposed daily.

The UI has also undergone a number of usability and design modifications with the aim to enhance the overall user experience. The most frequently used

actions are available from all screens. "Tools" pane now provides a dashboard-like look that is now even more intuitive and transparent.

These versions can be installed in Windows 2000, XP, Vista and 7. Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions are available.

You can download the free Beta versions using following links:

Download Free ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 Beta
Download Free ESET Smart Security 5 Beta

If the above links don't work for you, please try following links:

Download ESET Beta Products (Thanks helmutcheese and Bojan)
Download Free ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 Beta (Thanks Kameirus, Lan and Nunja Business)
Download Free ESET Smart Security 5 Beta (Thanks Kameirus and Lan)

[h=1]Download Outpost Internet Security Suite FREE[/h]Windows users now have another free complete security suite to try in their systems. Although we have Microsoft's free MSE, here we are sharing another full security suite which is available absolutely free.
Agnitum has released an absolute free version of its security suite "Outpost Security Suite" which contains an antivirus, firewall and proactive protection technologies. The free solution employs modern techniques to prevent infections, data corruption and PC intrusions.
OSS Free provides robust, easy-to-use OS Windows protection with optimal default settings to address web-borne threats including known and zero-day viruses, spyware, hacker attacks and intrusions, spam, and more. The product's acclaimed proactive protection, coupled with efficient detection and disinfection, make OSS Free a great option for web users everywhere.
Features List:

• The first fully-functional free security suite including anti-spam, etc.
  • The latest technology - based on Outpost Security Suite Pro 7.0.4
  • VB100 certified antivirus for all modern Windows versions
  • Best-of-breed award-winning personal firewall
  • Automatic optimal configuration out of the box
  • Lightweight solution that doesn't slow systems down
  • Full compatibility with Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000 - both 32- and 64-bit.
Download Link
Download Link (64-bit)
Homepage

Back
Top Bottom