The truth of the battle between Kenya Airways and Ethiopian Airways.

Tz boy 4tino

JF-Expert Member
Sep 14, 2014
FACTS:
1.Ethiopian Airways is 3 times bigger than Kenya Airways matter a fact Kenya Airways combined with South African Airways still have less airplanes than Ethiopia Airways.

2. Ethiopia Airways flight tickets are much cheaper than Kenya Airways with relatively better services than KQ.

3. It will take 50 years for Kenya Airways to surpass Ethiopia Airways that's only if Ethiopia Airways remains stagnant.

4. Ethiopian airline is the most deversed airline in Africa while Kenya Airways is highly dependent on the east African market ( watushukuru Sana wabongo😁).

5. Ethiopia Airways is owned by Ethiopians while KQ is owned by white people from the US&Europe.

..... Mwaweza kuongezea nyingine, wishing you a great day. Mapovu yanaruhusiwa

FACTS:
1.Ethiopian Airways is 3 times bigger than Kenya Airways matter a fact Kenya Airways combined with South African Airways still have less airplanes than Ethiopia Airways.

2. Ethiopia Airways flight tickets are much cheaper than Kenya Airways with relatively better services than KQ.

3. It will take 50 years for Kenya Airways to surpass Ethiopia Airways that's only if Ethiopia Airways remains stagnant.

4. Ethiopian airline is the most deversed airline in Africa while Kenya Airways is highly dependent on the east African market ( watushukuru Sana wabongo😁).

5. Ethiopia Airways is owned by Ethiopians while KQ is owned by white people from the US&Europe.

hahahahahahaha, nasubiri mapovu kutoka kwa nyangau eti wana GDP kubwa, ya mzungu ya kwao? na wengi walivyo mbumbumbu naamini hawaufahamu ukweli huu

Airline business is the most fickle industry. Few years ago KQ was one world most profitable airline that was posting billion shs of profit and was growing so fast. Ethiopia in that time was in ICU - it was on it's death-bed - and Ethiopia Gov injected lots of capital and invited foreign management to ran it.

KQ was for many years touted as the most successfully privatization in Africa. A moribund airline that struggled in 90s had been converted into one of the most nimble and profitable airline in Africa.Then KQ got hit by twin turbulence of mismanagement and fuel hedging - and it still struggling to recover. That KQ has never collapsed for all those years is admirable.

In short nobody is safe in the airline business. I think KQ is already "safe" for now - has moved from ICU to HDU- and I am not sure about South African Airlines - that one is also in ICU.

FACTS:

What about your ATCL?
Ethiopian is how many times bigger than it?

Ethiopian was founded in 1945.
Kenya Airways was founded in 1977.

So, the best airline to compare with KQ is your own ATCL, which was also founded in 1977.

Airline business is the most fickle industry. Few years ago KQ was one world most profitable airline that was posting billion shs of profit and was growing so fast. Ethiopia in that time was in ICU - it was on it's death-bed - and Ethiopia Gov injected lots of capital and invited foreign management to ran it.

KQ was for many years touted as the most successfully privatization in Africa. A moribund airline that struggled in 90s had been converted into one of the most nimble and profitable airline in Africa.Then KQ got hit by twin turbulence of mismanagement and fuel hedging - and it still struggling to recover. That KQ has never collapsed for all those years is admirable.

In short nobody is safe in the airline business. I think KQ is already "safe" for now - has moved from ICU to HDU- and I am not sure about South African Airlines - that one is also in ICU.
"Few years ago KQ was one world most profitable airline that was posting billion shs of profit" Msee few years ago hiyo ni lini? Naomba uje na ushahidi wa hizo billions of profit, nataka nijifunze.

Sent using Jamii Forums mobile app

FACTS:

4. Ethiopian airline is the most deversed airline in Africa while Kenya Airways is highly dependent on the east African market ( watushukuru Sana wabongo).

EA is 59 times better than ATCL

Sent using Jamii Forums mobile app

nonsense:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Dude fuel hedging is not a turbulence, generally protecting oneself against unforeseeable future is not a loss. Unless you are not familiar with financial risk management dynamics.

FACTS:

Matako Sana compare na kq na atcl
Wacha ujinga

FACTS:

I do not know where you get your information from but here are some details on KQ:

a) In fleet size yes ethiopian is bigger with 112 planes while KQ has 40

b) Yes also true but there is a reason, KQ is synonymous with safety since inception KQ has had only 4 incidents and accidents that is from 1977, while ethiopian has had over 61 incidents and accidents with the recent one taking place this year i.e. You are much more safer travelling KQ than ethiopian.In short alot of things go into factoring a ticket price also remember KQ has higher salaries for it's employees than ethiopian i.e KQ pilots earn almost double what ethiopian pilots make.

c)Your third point is an exaggeration but i would not expect anything more than that from a tanzanian towards anything Kenyan.

d) Kenya airways goes to over 53 destinations in 41 countries across the world, the most profitable route for KQ in east africa is Nairobi-Mombasa. Most africans can not really afford KQ flights that is why they have Jambo jet(100%) and precision airline in tanzania(46%) to cater for the middle and lower segment.

e) ethiopian is 100% owned by the government of ethiopia, KQ on the other hand is owned by the GOK(48.9%), KQ Lenders LTD which is a consortium of Kenyan banks that lend money to KQ (3 8.1%) and KLM (7.1%) and the rest by kenyans on the Nairobi stock exchange. I do not know where you got your fake news from.

f) ethiopian is more of a budget airline that is why KQ still defeats ethiopian in airline rankings e.g Kenya airways was ranked the best business class airline in Africa, It also beat ethiopian to become the most admired airline brand in Africa. "Kenya’s national carrier (KQ) has outranked Ethiopian Airlines in the list of 25 most admired African Brands by African Business, a pan-African magazine.". In other words it is more prestigious to travel KQ than ethiopian.
I use KQ, KLM and Air France the services are perfect especially in business.

Back
Top Bottom