The Sustainable MBA at Aarhus School of Business 2010-11 | JamiiForums | The Home of Great Thinkers

Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

The Sustainable MBA at Aarhus School of Business 2010-11

Discussion in 'Nafasi za Kazi na Tenda' started by Maxence Melo, Jan 26, 2010.

  1. Maxence Melo

    Maxence Melo JF Founder Staff Member

    Jan 26, 2010
    Joined: Feb 10, 2006
    Messages: 2,606
    Likes Received: 1,701
    Trophy Points: 280
    Primo September 2010 - Mid August 2011

    Denmark has set aside funding over a five-year period from 2007 for fellowships to assist selected entrepreneurs and emerging business leaders from Danida's programme countries to take the full-time the Sustainable Master in Business Administration (MBA) at Aarhus School of Business (ASB). The aim is to assist suitable applicants to further develop the initiatives and the potential they already have demonstrated, and to equip them to operate in the globalised economy.

    Consistent with Danish policy and priorities, ELSP intends to award the majority of its fellowships in Africa, where new jobs and income generation are essential to sustainable development. Particular focus will be placed on assisting women to overcome gender-based barriers which hamper their potential contribution to private sector growth.

    The ELSP is designed to contribute to Private Sector Development, and private companies or self-employed business persons are expected to be the main source of qualified applicants for scholarships. Applicants will come from locally-owned private-sector companies engaged in business management and entrepreneurship, the financial and banking sector including micro financing, business associations, legislative and regulatory bodies, and academic and training institutes contributing to private sector development.

    Course Specifications

    More information can be found on this link.

    Applicants must have a bachelor degree or equivalent, a minimum of two years of working experience, and GMAT. An interview will also be required.

    Application Procedure

    The potential participants must fill in two copies of the Fellowship Form - this form can be downloaded from our web site or obtained at the Royal Danish Embassy.

    The Fellowship Forms must be endorsed by a relevant Embassy Officer.

    Please note - the application form from Aarhus School of Business must also be filled in for this master programme - see the above link to ASB

    • After endorsement, the Embassy is kindly asked to forward forms directly to DFC.

    • Deadline for all forms to reach the Danida Fellowship Centre is 1 May 2010.
    Selection Procedure

    • Fellowships will be awarded by a committee comprising representatives of the ASB and of DFC.
    • Embassies will be informed of the selection from DFC.
    • After selection the participants are requested to fill in application for residence permit (ST1).
    • After selection, participants must forward health certificates to DFC. The health certificates should be signed between one and four months prior to the course.

    The estimated total cost of obtaining an MBA from ASB in 2010/11 is DKK
    305,000 including tuition fees, books, accommodation, allowances and international transport for ONE person for the duration of the full-time MBA course. ELSP scholarships will cover 90% of the total cost, and the applicant must therefore be prepared to secure the remaining 10% from other sources. An amount of DKK 15,000 must be paid prior to study start in Denmark, the remaining amount in two installments.

    In case of questions or comments, please contact akj
  2. Teamo

    Teamo JF-Expert Member

    Jan 26, 2010
    Joined: Jan 9, 2009
    Messages: 12,286
    Likes Received: 51
    Trophy Points: 145
    unatisha founder!