The real Raila Odinga thieving elites fear By Wainaina Ndung'u

Sammuel999

JF-Expert Member
Jun 1, 2016
It is the Kikuyu leaders and other elite beneficiaries of corrupt deals who feel most threatened by opposition chief Raila Odinga.
Why would miraa farmers in Meru come to Raila for help if he hates Gema? Why would ordinary Murang'a people seek Raila's assistance when the government in power is led by the Kikuyu and is stripping them of their most vital resource – water?
When thousands of young Kikuyu were being extra-judicially killed under a Kikuyu regime, it is Raila who spoke out.
Let us get real: It is the corrupt, the thieves, moneygrubbers and land-grabbers that make perpetual claims Raila is an existential threat.
Raila has strongly supported business: There is no room for extralegal means of self-enrichment. He supports creating a transparent, fair and competitive environment for business. But these crooked businesspeople don't want any of that. It’s not the water these sharks swim in.
Raila wants all civil servants barred from doing business with government so as to eliminate corruption and conflict of interest. He also wants civil servants to be well paid and professionalized. Those who benefit from corruption in the Civil Service don't want this approach.
They know he has the goodwill of the majority and if elected the government system of operation will change for good – to serve the common mwananchi.
Raila wants every corner of Kenya to grow and have a sense of belonging.
He wants stronger devolution. He wants land reforms so that every Kenyan can equally and equitably benefit from land resources.
Land in Kenya is so expensive because of speculation. Those who buy large tracts of land do so not for productivity, but for purely speculative purposes. This affects livelihoods and makes it expensive to access land resources. Housing is also expensive because of speculation. Raila advocates change in land use and management for the benefit of the majority.
The Constitution protects legally acquired land, but not corruptly or illegally acquired land. Look at corruption: Who is crying loudest about being 'targetted'? It is not the ordinary Miji Kenda, Kikuyu or Kalenjin. It is those in positions of influence who cannot explain how they gain their enormous wealth.
The coming elections are not about a tribe but a change in government, where we can have good leadership that addresses corruption, nepotism, tribalism and incompetence.
Executive Director of the International Centre for Policy and Conflict

This are The only Reason am a strong supporter Nothing more

Once again... Tribe.

Hutosheki??!!!
I literally copied and Pasted an entire Star article withiot adding even a coma .....

Psychophant wewe ....sasa How is copy pasting an article Tribal again ???

Btw its been written by ur own tribesman

Smh!! I quit!!

Lakini if we genuinely want to end corruption in Kenya, the solution is not voting in Cord (NASA or whatever they call themselves these days). If anyone thinks the solution to graft in Kenya is by bringing in Raila and his CORD coalition to power, then they are really decieving themselves. They will be in for a really rude shock. CORD is as corrupt as Jubilee, truth be told. CORD and JUBILEE are both very corrupt, tussling for power for their turn to "eat". Both are wolves veiled in cloaks......one orange the other one red.

We all saw how the CORD leader handled the corruption allegations touching on his lieutenants in his party, during his time as the PM. He found it such an unwieldy task cracking the whip on the very people he depended on to ascend to power. It is the very same situation Uhuru Kenyatta is finding himself in now. Uhuru cannot dare even rebuke any of his ally in his alliance party (such as William Ruto) for that would be tantamount to commiting suicide, politically speaking.
Both Uhuru and Raila are beholden to these corrupt individuals in their party in some ways. Therefore we shouldnt really expect an end to graft anytime soon.

If Kenyans really want to an end to graft, then the solution is simple. Not voting in these established politicians and their parties into power. How about instead voting into power the so-called the "third force" political movements, led by people with untainted past. Would Kenyans vote for such committed anti-graft campaigners as PLO Lumumba, John Githongo, Maina Kiai, Peter Kenneth (and there is this young, highly principled Somali politician whose name eludes me).......that lot, then we will have this problem licked.
What's more, these people are not quite as polarizing as the politicians in the two major political parties.

Lakini if we genuinely want to end corruption in Kenya, the solution is not voting in Cord (NASA or whatever they call themselves these days). If anyone thinks the solution to graft in Kenya is by bringing in Raila and his CORD coalition to power, then they are really decieving themselves. They will be in for a really rude shock. CORD is as corrupt as Jubilee, truth be told. CORD and JUBILEE are both very corrupt, tussling for power for their turn to "eat". Both are wolves veiled in cloaks......one orange the other one red.

We all saw how the CORD leader handled the corruption allegations touching on his lieutenants in his party, during his time as the PM. He found it such an unwieldy task cracking the whip on the very people he depended on to ascend to power. It is the very same situation Uhuru Kenyatta is finding himself in now. Uhuru cannot dare even rebuke any of his ally in his alliance party (such as William Ruto) for that would be tantamount to commiting suicide, politically speaking.
Both Uhuru and Raila are beholden to these corrupt individuals in their party in some ways. Therefore we shouldnt really expect an end to graft anytime soon.

If Kenyans really want to an end to graft, then the solution is simple. Not voting in these established politicians and their parties into power. How about instead voting into power the so-called the "third force" political movements, led by people with untainted past. Would Kenyans vote for such committed anti-graft campaigners as PLO Lumumba, John Githongo, Maina Kiai, Peter Kenneth (and there is this young, highly principled Somali politician whose name eludes me).......that lot, then we will have this problem licked.
What's more, these people are not quite as polarizing as the politicians in the two major political parties.

You are very right, but that's next to impossible at the moment. Until the two dynasties (Kenyattas and Odingas) are out, we are in for another bruising five years either way. Recently, I almost got lynched in a club in my village when I criticized Uhuru administration. I tried to make them understand that as much as I do support Uhuru and would still vote for him if votes were called today, but I just wanted to engage in a critical and open debate, they almost came at me.

Those two dynasties have a hold on their respective background, also adding Ruto and the recently crowned king of Abaluhya, Kenya we have a long way to go. May be future generations....

You are very right, but that's next to impossible at the moment. Until the two dynasties (Kenyattas and Odingas) are out, we are in for another bruising five years either way. Recently, I almost got lynched in a club in my village when I criticized Uhuru administration. I tried to make them understand that as much as I do support Uhuru and would still vote for him if votes were called today, but I just wanted to engage in a critical and open debate, they almost came at me.

Those two dynasties have a hold on their respective background, also adding Ruto and the recently crowned king of Abaluhya, Kenya we have a long way to go. May be future generations....
I read an article saying That 2017 will bring the end to both Families Domination in kenya Unless Their kids get into politics we wont hear about Either of the two families past 2017 mpaka ma 2032 .....

Anyway 2012 Kibaki Left Kenya

Unemployment was 17.64%
1483362617939.jpg

Fast forward 2016 40% unemployment Rates in kenya

1483362608735.png

Alafu nikikuwa Critical Some people wanasema Nakua tribal psychophant ...Nusu mkate govt Ya Raila na Obako did Much better

Anyweeeeeeei

In other news
1483362690052.png
1483362695569.png
1483362699589.png
1483362711299.png
1483362716092.png
1483362728359.png
1483362734670.png

I read an article saying That 2017 will bring the end to both Families Domination in kenya Unless Their kids get into politics we wont hear about Either of the two families past 2017 mpaka ma 2032 .....

Anyway 2012 Kibaki Left Kenya

Unemployment was 17.64%
View attachment 453353
Fast forward 2016 40% unemployment Rates in kenya

View attachment 453352

Alafu nikikuwa Critical Some people wanasema Nakua tribal psychophant ...Nusu mkate govt Ya Raila na Obako did Much better

Anyweeeeeeei

In other news
View attachment 453354View attachment 453355View attachment 453356View attachment 453357View attachment 453358View attachment 453359View attachment 453360

As much as I agree with you on some of the Jubilee failures, but it's the manner with which you dismiss them that makes people refuse to agree with you. You are not being honest by saying nusu mkate government did far much better than Jubilee. The problem with supporters of both side of the political divide is they are never open, critical and honest, always full of propaganda.

My personal rating of Jubilee, they have really failed in the war against corruption and cohesion but I didn't fail to notice their following achievements

These are 2015 statistics, am yet to get 2016
They have handed out 2,322,913 title deeds
Capitation for primary schools has been increased by 40% and secondary schools by 35 %
Nusu mkate left free primary education budget at 8.96 billion, Jubilee has risen it to 14.1b and Higher Education Loans Board was 5.5b in 2012/2013, and has risen to 7.6b
40 Huduma Centres built across the country
Nusu mkate left 8,000 Schools connected to power, Jubilee has grown that figure to 20,450
They also left power at 1,660 megawatts Jubilee has added 600 megawatts of clean energy
Jubilee has added 700 km of transmission lines totaling it to 2,900

I can go on and on mentioning other stuffs like statistics on free maternity, roads network, SGR etc

What am requesting, Kenyans should stop propaganda and malice, discuss issues patriotically without lies and innuendo. Be real, criticize where necessary but give due where otherwise. You can be a supporter of Raila, Uhuru, Mudavadi etc but be a Kenyan first.

As much as I agree with you on some of the Jubilee failures, but it's the manner with which you dismiss them that makes people refuse to agree with you. You are not being honest by saying nusu mkate government did far much better than Jubilee. The problem with supporters of both side of the political divide is they are never open, critical and honest, always full of propaganda.

My personal rating of Jubilee, they have really failed in the war against corruption and cohesion but I didn't fail to notice their following achievements

These are 2015 statistics, am yet to get 2016
They have handed out 2,322,913 title deeds
Capitation for primary schools has been increased by 40% and secondary schools by 35 %
Nusu mkate left free primary education budget at 8.96 billion, Jubilee has risen it to 14.1b and Higher Education Loans Board was 5.5b in 2012/2013, and has risen to 7.6b
40 Huduma Centres built across the country
Nusu mkate left 8,000 Schools connected to power, Jubilee has grown that figure to 20,450
They also left power at 1,660 megawatts Jubilee has added 600 megawatts of clean energy
Jubilee has added 700 km of transmission lines totaling it to 2,900

I can go on and on mentioning other stuffs like statistics on free maternity, roads network, SGR etc

What am requesting, Kenyans should stop propaganda and malice, discuss issues patriotically without lies and innuendo. Be real, criticize where necessary but give due where otherwise. You can be a supporter of Raila, Uhuru, Mudavadi etc but be a Kenyan first.
well said, but do you think that will ever happen when Raila comes on national tv and says that the Jubilee government has only paved 50km of roads in the country? what do you suppose his followers will say?

well said, but do you think that will ever happen when Raila comes on national tv and says that the Jubilee government has only paved 50km of roads in the country? what do you suppose his followers will say?
Same question ..when jubilee mouthpieces go around saying that Raila hates Kikuyus and that he a national security threat without expounding,What do you think jubilee followers will say or do??

It is the Kikuyu leaders and other elite beneficiaries of corrupt deals who feel most threatened by opposition chief Raila Odinga.
Why would miraa farmers in Meru come to Raila for help if he hates Gema? Why would ordinary Murang'a people seek Raila's assistance when the government in power is led by the Kikuyu and is stripping them of their most vital resource – water?
When thousands of young Kikuyu were being extra-judicially killed under a Kikuyu regime, it is Raila who spoke out.
Let us get real: It is the corrupt, the thieves, moneygrubbers and land-grabbers that make perpetual claims Raila is an existential threat.
Raila has strongly supported business: There is no room for extralegal means of self-enrichment. He supports creating a transparent, fair and competitive environment for business. But these crooked businesspeople don't want any of that. It’s not the water these sharks swim in.
Raila wants all civil servants barred from doing business with government so as to eliminate corruption and conflict of interest. He also wants civil servants to be well paid and professionalized. Those who benefit from corruption in the Civil Service don't want this approach.
They know he has the goodwill of the majority and if elected the government system of operation will change for good – to serve the common mwananchi.
Raila wants every corner of Kenya to grow and have a sense of belonging.
He wants stronger devolution. He wants land reforms so that every Kenyan can equally and equitably benefit from land resources.
Land in Kenya is so expensive because of speculation. Those who buy large tracts of land do so not for productivity, but for purely speculative purposes. This affects livelihoods and makes it expensive to access land resources. Housing is also expensive because of speculation. Raila advocates change in land use and management for the benefit of the majority.
The Constitution protects legally acquired land, but not corruptly or illegally acquired land. Look at corruption: Who is crying loudest about being 'targetted'? It is not the ordinary Miji Kenda, Kikuyu or Kalenjin. It is those in positions of influence who cannot explain how they gain their enormous wealth.
The coming elections are not about a tribe but a change in government, where we can have good leadership that addresses corruption, nepotism, tribalism and incompetence.
Executive Director of the International Centre for Policy and Conflict

This are The only Reason am a strong supporter Nothing more
At last we have one person from the mountain that sees the truth and says it the way its is....

That's the problem with our society, we are divided such that whichever side you are, you will try as much as possible to propagate propaganda by your preferred politician. No one wants to view things soberly, you can be a die hard Raila supporter but be free to disagree with some of his misgivings, similarly, you can be ready to vote for Uhuru but hit out at his failures.
Let's agree to disagree without propaganda. Personally, I won't vote for Raila, but I do sometimes agree with his outlook on some issues.

You see? That is why I do not think this people blaming the Uhuru govt for this and that, the reasons they say they want to see him go are honest all. Nor are the jubilee supporters pointing at the evils of the main opposition leaders. I believe that their decision for supporting those political parties is entirely based on ethnic considerations, the policies of the party they support not withstanding.

In fact, how many of the really avid Cord or Jubilee supporters even know what are the doctrines of the parties they are backing? The dominant parlance in the public arena is all about "our tribes united against theirs". I do not see any real substance in all these Kenyan political debates.

But to me, what does it really matter who wins in the next elections? As long as he/she is competent enuff to drive the development agenda of the country and keep us all safe from our enemies such as the Al shabaab, share the national cake equitably.....I will loose no sleep. Be it Kenyatta, Raila or even Abduba Dida, Kenya lazma iendelee.

All I want is peace. I still want to enjoy my mutura, nyama choma and beer with my kikuyu, kamba, luhya, kisii pals, regardless who's in power. Tugawanyishwe kwanini na hawa watu na sisi ni watu moja tu?

Atlas we have one person from the mountain that sees the truth and says it the way its is....
Let me ask you, as my fellow jaramogi.....Do u really think if Raila takes over power, his administaration will comprise of people who are absolutley ethical? That the sort of corruption and the other forms of mal-administration we are witnessing in this govt will be virtually absent? That poverty, insecurity, corruption, poor service delivery will be the things of the past?

Why exactly are CORD supporters so passionately opposed to Jubilee as though it is the most abominable govt that has ever existed in Kenya?

Let me ask you, as my fellow jaramogi.....Do u really think if Raila takes over power, his administaration will comprise of people who are absolutley ethical? That the sort of corruption and the other forms of mal-administration we are witnessing in this govt will be virtually absent? That poverty, insecurity, corruption, poor service delivery will be the things of the past?

Why exactly are CORD supporters so passionately opposed to Jubilee as though it is the most abominable govt that has ever existed in Kenya?

Raila Odinga siku akiapishwa kuwa Raisi wa Kenya, Wajaluo watakunya barabarani na hakuna wa kuwazuia, aliniambia girlfriend wangu Mkenya!

Raila Odinga siku akiapishwa kuwa Raisi wa Kenya, Wajaluo watakunya barabarani na hakuna wa kuwazuia, aliniambia girlfriend wangu Mkenya!

Huwa unaibuka kama zombi fulani hivi, hapa watu wanajadili mambo muhimu kuhusu Kenya wewe kama ulivyo mzee wa nongwa unadondokwa na udenda bila kujua kulikoni...legea wewe na ushindwe.

ONE..Am not a Luo by tribe..and that's the problem right there...assuming that every RAO supporter MUST be Luo...Jubilee is most CORRUPT REGIME in our history..Period..and most of the current and past corruption scandals have been UNEARTHED BY THE ONE AND ONLY RAILA AMOLLO ODINGA...Trust me..Jubilee will have to rig and rig big for them to win....Thee swing tribes of GUSII,SOMALIS and others that gave jubilee the comfortable cushion votes in 2013 are this time CORD STRONGHOLDS...

You should tell that girlfriend of yours to grow up, but u have instead stooped to her level. Hii sio mambo ya kusema ndani ya baraza la watu wazima.

ONE..Am not a Luo by tribe..and that's the problem right there...assuming that every RAO supporter MUST be Luo...Jubilee is most CORRUPT REGIME in our history..Period..and most of the current and past corruption scandals have been UNEARTHED BY THE ONE AND ONLY RAILA AMOLLO ODINGA...Trust me..Jubilee will have to rig and rig big for them to win....Thee swing tribes of GUSII,SOMALIS and others that gave jubilee the comfortable cushion votes in 2013 are this time CORD STRONGHOLDS...
My bad, sir. It isnt that I percieve al CORD supporters to be drawn from the luo community. I once read here -in 2015, I think- that u are a luo. So I have always assumed that.

Now, to claim that that Jubilee is the "the most corrupt regime" (u have included the upper cases to emphasize ur point)......that smacks of malice to me, my brother. U cannot make such a strong claim without at least backing it up with some empirical proof.
Surely, the previous regimes were much more more corrupt. I remember during the second term of the Kibaki era, it appeared as though a new corruption scandal was popping out like every day. At one point, the economy actually flat-lined during the Moi era as as result of one corruption scandal, the Goldenberg, which took Kenya's economy quite sometime to recover.
That Uhuru regime is the most corrupt regime that Kenya has ever seen is absolute hogwash. Its accomplishment in that end is actually chicken-feed in comparison to the Moi and Kibaki era.

Like I said, if corruption is really the genuine concern of u, the hard-core Jubilee opponents, then your answer to the problem shouldnt be CORD, cos its make up is comprised of people who have been implicated in the transgressions of the previous regimes.

3 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom