"The Picture That Shocked The World" & KP's Satire...

Steve Dii

JF-Expert Member
Jun 25, 2007
x5qxk1.jpg

Kevin Carter's Work, 1994.

.... and Masoud's (adaptation) work below:
2jb5pmv.jpg

Cartoon by Kipanya. Courtesy of: haki-hakingowi.blogspot.com

.... i would've otherwise called it a 'spoof', but i think it's been inspirationally sketched and it's well-intentioned.

SteveD.

Duh!! Aisee kwa kweli huwa sipendi kuiangalia hiyo picha. Yaani mwili wangu huishiwa nguvu na machozi huanza kunilengalenga. What have we done wrong to God to deserve this?

Duh!! Aisee kwa kweli huwa sipendi kuiangalia hiyo picha. Yaani mwili wangu huishiwa nguvu na machozi huanza kunilengalenga. What have we done wrong to God to deserve this?

....I can feel ya anguish bro. I personally think the 'curse' lies in the tendency to Copy everything instead of being creative or/and being inventive!!!

What do you mean?
Nyani, i've since updated my comment above.

I meant, almost everything we deem developmental has been designed/created or invented elsewhere. The focus to emulate, harness and instigate the power to design, create or invent is oblivious to many people and their leaders. Watu wanasoma huko maulaya, wanarudi na kujisahau. Wakibahatika kukumbuka walichosoma, wanafanya copy and paste katika kuapply mbinu na nyenzo ili kuleta maendeleo kwa watu wake, wakati mengi waliyosoma yalikuwa designed kwa ajili ya mazingira tofauti. Synthesis of knowledge to empower people is not happening. The perception in most people is just to chew and spit!

degree/sifa za ubwete mbaya sana.............mtu waweza kuwa na sifa zako nzuri tu lakini ukatia dosari kwa degree za ubwete

degree/sifa za ubwete mbaya sana.............mtu waweza kuwa na sifa zako nzuri tu lakini ukatia dosari kwa degree za ubwete
... Ogah, mkuu wangu je unafikiri hii kitu inaishia kwenye swala la elimu tu?! Maanake hata waliotoka Harvard naona bado wanachemsha....

That photo moved so many.It depicted the anguish,pain and suffering the Sothern Sudanese people were going through.Carter derserved to be critised for only taking the photograph =and not helping the young girl.

"The man adjusting his lens to take just the right frame of her suffering might just as well be a predator, another vulture on the scene

Though let me ask was this the reason why Carter took his life?Because this was a portion of Carter's suicide note;

"I am depressed ... without phone ... money for rent ... money for child support ... money for debts ... money!!! ... I am haunted by the vivid memories of killings and corpses and anger and pain ... of starving or wounded children, of trigger-happy madmen, often police, of killer executioners...I have gone to join Ken if I am that lucky."[3]

x5qxk1.jpg

Kevin Carter's Work, 1994.

.... and Masoud's (adaptation) work below:
2jb5pmv.jpg

.... i would've otherwise called it a 'spoof', but i think it's been inspirationally sketched and it's well-intentioned.

SteveD.

That's really shocking, this was in 1994 during Sudan famine the child crawling to a food distribution camp about 1,000 metres away.....No one knows what happened to the poor kid and the vulture behind!!!!!!!

2jb5pmv.jpg

SteveD.

...ndio haya Mwalimu aliyoyaona miaka hiyo na kusema;

"small nations '(Africa)' are like scantily clad women, often tempting the evil minded!"

...inasikitisha lakini ndivyo ilivyo.

That's really shocking, this was in 1994 during Sudan famine the child crawling to a food distribution camp about 1,000 metres away.....No one knows what happened to the poor kid and the vulture behind!!!!!!!

Sorry wakuu hii picha siyo ya March 1993 and it first appeared in The New York Times on March 26,1993?Well the question about what happened to the girl is that she had enough strength to walk away from the vulture, but her ultimate fate was unknown.

Nyani ,

I always ask myself this question, whats wrong with Africa? What have we done to God to deserve all this? Poverty, hunger, diseseases, grand corruption, etc, the bad thing about this is when i see a picture like that i think of my daugher, i put her in that position and it hurts so badly, i cant help to cry, i end up so depressed the whole day, i try as much as i can not to see these things for my peace of mind. I believe in God and i love him so much, i know he can do something for Africa, he is the only one who can help now. I also wonder because Europe and Usa i think they do grand sins but why are they so welloff compared to Africa where everything is a struggle? What did we do wrong God?

Sorry wakuu hii picha siyo ya March 1993 and it first appeared in The New York Times on March 26,1993?Well the question about what happened to the girl is that she had enough strength to walk away from the vulture, but her ultimate fate was unknown.

nilisikia kuwa baada ya kupiga hii picha, na ikawa inajipatia umaarufu sana. Alieipiga alikuwa anaulizwa hii ishu iliishiaje, na kwa kuwa hakufuatilia, alibaki na msongo wa moyo kwa ajili ya kuwaza kilichotokea kwa huyo mtoto. mwisho wake alishindwa kuishi na kujiua!!

Nyani ,

I always ask myself this question, whats wrong with Africa? What have we done to God to deserve all this? Poverty, hunger, diseseases, grand corruption, etc, the bad thing about this is when i see a picture like that i think of my daugher, i put her in that position and it hurts so badly, i cant help to cry, i end up so depressed the whole day, i try as much as i can not to see these things for my peace of mind. I believe in God and i love him so much, i know he can do something for Africa, he is the only one who can help now. I also wonder because Europe and Usa i think they do grand sins but why are they so welloff compared to Africa where everything is a struggle? What did we do wrong God?

Very emotional.God punishes us in different ways.Wao kuna Tsunami,frequent Tornados,everyday frequent fires kama za Calif and so many other ways.Thank God our country is blessed though kuna mambo ya ajabu sana.

nilisikia kuwa baada ya kupiga hii picha, na ikawa inajipatia umaarufu sana. Alieipiga alikuwa anaulizwa hii ishu iliishiaje, na kwa kuwa hakufuatilia, alibaki na msongo wa moyo kwa ajili ya kuwaza kilichotokea kwa huyo mtoto. mwisho wake alishindwa kuishi na kujiua!!

Haika,

hapa ndio mtu unahitaji wisdom ya kujiuliza kuwa "If I do not stop to help, what will happen to her" rather than asking "If I do not stop to help, what will happen to me". Kuna situation ambazo zinahitaji mtu u-reverse situation na kujiweka wewe katika ile sehemu (disadvantaged position) ambayo kama hiyo picha inaonyesha.

Cha kushangaza njaa imerudi tena huko Ethiopia na Sudan kwa kweli mdugu zetu hawajifunzi na ndio tatizo kubwa kwa viongozi wetu kujionyesha na kunyenyekea kwa wazungu.

Viongozi wa Afrika acheni kuweka mali zenu Ulaya na kuwatajirisha wa kuja, acheni wizi!

Cha kushangaza njaa imerudi tena huko Ethiopia na Sudan kwa kweli mdugu zetu hawajifunzi na ndio tatizo kubwa kwa viongozi wetu kujionyesha na kunyenyekea kwa wazungu.

Viongozi wa Afrika acheni kuweka mali zenu Ulaya na kuwatajirisha wa kuja, acheni wizi!

Na hawa viongozi wa Sudan na ethiopia bado wanalaumu international community kwa kutowapatia misaada,huku wakipigana wenyewe kwa wenyewe-

Ndivyo tulivyo

uchumi tegemezi, mawazo tegemezi, afrika ni uozo mtupu... JK Nyerere.

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom