The Nokia N96 redefines "high-end"

Invisible

Robot
Feb 11, 2006
Rumored for a few weeks now as the N95's successor in waiting, the mighty N96 dual slider has gone all official on us at Mobile World Congress today. Though the phone it replaces is still a beast by any measure, the N96 pushes the envelope further by packing a solid 16GB of storage internally in addition to a microSD slot, something the N95 8GB lacks.

The 5 megapixel autofocus camera with Carl Zeiss Tessar lens carries over, but there are now two LEDs doing flash and video light duty. The 2.8 inch QVGA display will come in handy for the integrated DVB-H mobile TV tuner, while a 3.5mm headphone jack, A2DP, and integrated stereo speakers should handle audio with aplomb. Other features include WiFi, AGPS, and morphing lights on the smaller second slide that hook the user up with game controls when it's time to relax with a little N-Gage action.

Unfortunately, the first version of the N96 (and the only version announced thus far) supports HSDPA only on the 900 and 2100MHz bands, but we imagine the strength of the spec sheet should still be enough to sell a few of these stateside when it launches in the third quarter for €550 (about $797).

nokia-n96-04.jpg

nokia-n96-03.jpg

nokia-n96-02.jpg
nokia-n96-01.jpg

..simu nzuri,ila nadhani nokia wangekazania kutengeneza simu nyembamba zaidi ya hizi,kama E51.

..huu u-small brick like mi unani-put off kwenye hizi n series!

..gadget nyingine mkuu?

u cant pack so much functionality into a slim package... even the battery wouldnt last that long... as those people using slim phones how often they charge their slim batteries.

nuff said.

u cant pack so much functionality into a slim package... even the battery wouldnt last that long... as those people using slim phones how often they charge their slim batteries.

nuff said.
MwanaHaki, when designing a product a compromise has to be reached on many aspects. For luxurious product like N96 or indeed its predecessor N95, the functionality and features take precedence over battery life. It is not a product to be marketed to someone who finds charging a battery a hindrance.
For instance, we often see this on Sony laptops, they are such a pain when it comes to power consumption. But the screen resolution, features and design quality is what keeps people buying them.

If i'm asked whether to carry in my rucksack: a 5megapixel camera, a mobile phone, a low-end camcorder, a GPS, mp3 player, a mini video player etc etc......OR simply carry a lone N96......... i'll definitely go for N96.

SteveD.

Mkuu Invisible,
I now see where the world is heading.....
Quite interesting... 16GB! and all that??

Hatimaye November 12 niliweza kuinyaka simu yangu niipendayo (kwa sasa)...

nokia-n96-04.jpg

nokia-n96-03.jpg

nokia-n96-02.jpg
nokia-n96-01.jpg

Hello Invisible
Hizi zimeshafika kwenye soko la tanzania..?i was just looking for nokia iPhone killer.
But this one change my mind..
How did you get it?
Kutoka kaskazini
buswelu

Thanks Invi na wachangiaji wengine. Mbona I-phone alishatoa 16G long ago? lakini hukutupa wasifu wake au wewe ni Nokia man?.

Pia naomba nielimisheni, inakuwaje hii misimu mikubwa ya Nokia kama E90 bado inauzwa bei ghali kuliko matoleo mapya makali na bomba zaidi.

Nashukuru mtoa data za Sony laptop betri ni vimeo. Thank God Mac air imenipunguzia mateso but still loves sony kwa sababu bado baadhi ya newsroom zetu Bongo wanatumia windows 95. Picha toka Mac hawafungui.

nuff said.
duh!
unless sijakuelewa kamili,LAKINI wembamba wa simu au betri does not influence battery life..,and in any circumstance..,it will never be negatively!!
lets take 2 4nz-a slimmer one and a bigger one.
that is to say..,a slimmer 4n would have a slimmer screen...,hence less Pixels per inch.therefore less energy needed to power on that slim screen it has..,considering a bigger..,wider screen..,its quite opposite..,the wider the screen..more energy needed,more battery consumed.

Phillips make the slimmest 4nz i have seen recently,and the batteries are..,second to NONE.

Hatimaye November 12 niliweza kuinyaka simu yangu niipendayo (kwa sasa)...

Mkuu Hongera sana hii simu ni nzuri, kuna kitu kimoja nimegundua kwenye simu za Nokia N81 8GB is no different from Nokia N96. The only difference is Mass memory 8GB and 16GB and the overall dimensions of the phone!!

I'm surprised!! I bought N81 8GB and it has discouraged me from buyng the N96!! I'm actually changing from Nokia to Samsung!

habari za siku mzee wa nondo vipi hio simu n96 ipo fresh tunataka na sisi tupate mawasiliano kuna matatizo yoyte ambayo umeyaona na wewe kama mtumiaji unaweza toa ushauri gani kwa mtu anaye taka kununua?

Back
Top Bottom