The judiciary is supposed and duty bound to protect the rights of citizens who approach its doors to seek justice

Retired

JF-Expert Member
Jul 22, 2016
The judiciary is supposed and duty bound to protect the rights of citizens who approach its doors to seek justice. It should in the eyes of the citizens be an institution which upholds the law, promotes justice and be seen as an independent institution immune from interference from other arms of the government.

Can those in charge and management of our justice system raise up and say, with confidence, that we really have a Judicial Service Commission and the judicial system as presently composed that provides the country with a system of justice that breeds, impartiality, independence, confidence and far from interference, in particular with the executive? The answer is a resounding no. I have reasons and examples to support my argument!

Ghazwat

Anybody can see how the judicial and parliament are under the siege of the executive pillar. Our confident chief executive officer is not confident enough at all, despite all means to try to show that he is.

Kitendawili...
Tega....

1. Alifia Ujerumani, akafufukia Tanzania

Jibu.....

2. Alifia Saudi Arabia, akafufukia Tanzania

Jibu.....

Mwenye kumbukumbu nzuri kuhusu kifo cha Jaji Mkuu wa Uganda Ben Kiwanuka atuwekee hapa.

Kitendawili...
Tega....

1. Alifia Ujerumani, akafufukia Tanzania

Jibu.....

2. Alifia Saudi Arabia, akafufukia Tanzania

Jibu.....

Mwenye kumbukumbu nzuri kuhusu kifo cha Jaji Mkuu wa Uganda Ben Kiwanuka atuwekee hapa.

"......And the furious Amin pulled out a pistol from his waist and said: “Don’t you think I can kill you?” To which the intrepid Kiwanuka responded: “You can do so, but I am not going to say anything at all. I will die with the truth”.
The infuriated Amin pulled the trigger, shot and killed Kiwanuka. Mulemezi stated." C&P

I have reasons and examples to support my argument!
Mkuu the Retired, thanks for this.

Japo umesema "The judiciary is supposed and duty bound to protect the rights of citizens who approach its doors to seek justice", ukimaanusha hadi watu waende mahakamani kushitaki, lakini kwenye the role if the Judiciary, as the legal and statutory organ of the interpretation of the laws, the Judiciary katika kutimiza jukumu lake la checks and balances kwa kuicheki serikali na Bunge, mahakama ikiona katiba inavunjwa, isisubiri hadi shauri lifunguliwe ndipo itoe tafsiri kama katiba inakiukwa au la, mahakama ilipaswa ku act on suo moto acting on it's own volition.

Hongera Jaji Mkuu kutumia uadilifu wa kaisari, kwanini Majaji wastaafu hawatibiwi?, wanasubiriwa wafe tuu? - JamiiForums
We are waiting for reasons and examples.
P

Japo umesema "The judiciary is supposed and duty bound to protect the rights of citizens who approach its doors to seek justice", ukimaanusha hadi watu waende mahakamani kushitaki, lakini kwenye the role if the Judiciary, as the legal and statutory organ of the interpretation of the laws, the Judiciary katika kutimiza jukumu lake la checks and balances kwa kuicheki serikali na Bunge, mahakama ikiona katiba inavunjwa, isisubiri hadi shauri lifunguliwe ndipo itoe tafsiri kama katiba inakiukwa au la, mahakama ilipaswa ku act on suo moto acting on it's own volition.
Hongera Jaji Mkuu kutumia uadilifu wa kaisari, kwanini Majaji wastaafu hawatibiwi?, wanasubiriwa wafe tuu? - JamiiForums
P
Nadhani katika Tanzania, the adversarial system we adopted from Malkia, precludes a court from acting suo moto in entertaining a case unless is brought in front of it by the litigants! India Mahakama inaweza kuanzisha case yenyewe kama inaona public interests are in jeopardy. All in all una point ya muhimu, mawakili wetu, hata wewe unaweza kufungua kesi ya kikatiba. Lakini OUR JUDICIARY IS DOOMED... NILIWEKA KICHWA HIKI WAKAKIFUTA. Tuna CJ wa ajabu vile vile ambaye hajawahi kutokea, kama alivyo mwenzake! Tunafanyaje, wingi wa ccm bungeni ni kiwazo cha kum impeach Rais kwa kuvunja katiba! Tunafanyaje?

Nimependa rgument yako! Kumbe haya mambo unayaona!

P
Asante sana! Mimi nadhani mpaka lifunguliwe shauri ndiyo doctrine/ principle ya suo moto inatumika na mahakama kuingilia kati jambo ambalo say applicants/defendant hawajali raise......

The Court is not knight errand going about knocking down bad laws/executive decisions. Otherwise, who will be the parties? It is the duty of every citizen to protect/defend legality. Besides, if the rule of natural justice bars any interested party to be a judge of his own course, who will judge the judge?

This is very healthy but needs more input from our learned friends!

Back
Top Bottom