Elections 2010 The Ideological Battle Forever Won - Change is in the Air

Mzee Mwanakijiji

Platinum Member
Mar 10, 2006
By. M. M. Mwanakijiji

If there is anything that CCM has done pretty well during the campaign is the CCM old trick that has served them very well in the past. Instilling fear in the people to the point that the only option left to them is to return the sole protector to power. It is an old trick and has done well in some parts of the world during elections. If you think about it you will see that fear plays not with the people's rational faculties but it plays with their emotional feelings.

This time three kind of fear have been infused in our people's collective psyche. First, is the fear that no matter how the people vote CCM will STILL WIN; Secondly, if you vote CCM out of power the whole world will collapse on you (the lovable Tanzania will no longer be there) and three, without us there is no you! The main elements of this fear as were expressed in this election.

If you had an opportunity to listen or watch his last mass rally as he was winding down his two months campaign in Dar you would have seen all these three things very clearly. What I'm saying is this, up to now this political tool (it's a legit political arsenal) has somewhat succeeded to make some people live with notable sense of uncertainty.

But when it comes to fundamental change in society this fear has its limitations. You can not control people by using fear for too long. Fear has another tendency when it becomes to strong, it turns out to anger. Most of you probably know someone who was always scared of a bully in school and for so long but one day he beat the crap out of the bully to the point his/her story became legendary.

When political fear turns out into political anger, the people will make a decision that the rulers would not understand at all. This is what I totally believe tomorrow for once in our national politics I have seen people overcoming this old enemy of ours. We have seen people attacked in the media and in political circles just to have them succumb to fear but they have continued unbowed to stand for what they believe. We have seen people who are supposed to be afraid of their government but now are no longer that way.

My friends, the change we are talking about tomorrow, has already happened. I DO NOT want to wait to see the outcomes of the vote to know what had happened. I know for a fact that the ideological battle which I spearheaded some four years ago one which along the way has drawn in politicians, students, religions leaders, educators, farmers, business people etc has finally come to its first test of how bold and daring Tanzanians actually are.

While most CCM's members and supporters are very comfortable in expecting that Tanzanians will resort to their "mind of fear" when voting tomorrow and therefore would vote out of its poisonous well and not out of the springs of hope that have been sweeping the nations with waters that taste "change".

The good news is that the psychological chain of perpetual humiliation is officially declared to have been totally and absolutely broken. Tanzanians are now free to reject a corrupt regime in all its manifestations and to elect a capable leadership. Tanzanians are now free to bring in (by voting) those leaders who will lead this nation into true opportunities of prosperity and remove from the helm of power those leaders who have abandoned them in the abyss of poverty diluted by the influx of foreign aid.

A new day and a better day is coming, hope is rising like the Sun on Spring Sunday morning, the voices of children dancing and the joyful noise of fathers and mothers walking their faces beaming with extraordinary vibe of change! Ooh a new day indeed! We have already seen it, we have enjoyed it like in a preview, and tomorrow it will begin to be realized and by the end of the week, a message will be clear. The people of
Tanzania will send a message that they want change.

And by change I'm not just implying Dr. Slaa's victory (that for now is even irrelevant though it will be the proverbial icing on the cake) but that the voters of
Tanzania will send a clear and unequivocal message; we want change in how the government work and how that work impacts of our lives. Whoever win after the election he must take this message to heart.

For me, I'm declaring officially that mapambano ya kifikra tumeshashinda, and tomorrow is just the beginning of change realized. I said a while back that before our people "change their votes" in an an election they will have to have changed their minds before hand - kabla hawajabadilisha kura ni lazima wabadilishe fikra! The have changed their minds... we are just waiting for them to change their votes!

Aluta Continua et Victoria Acerta - Mapambano yanaendelea na Ushindi ni Dhahiri!

Naona kama vile unakubali ccm watashinda hususan uraisi lakini umeridhika kwa vile ujumbe wa mapambano ya kifikra ambayo unadai uliyaanzisha wewe umefika!

Naona kama vile unakubali ccm watashinda hususan uraisi lakini umeridhika kwa vile ujumbe wa mapambano ya kifikra ambayo unadai uliyaanzisha wewe umefika!

NN.. ngosha ukimpata mwingine aliyeanzisha mapambano ya kifikra I would easily yield the throne to.... ushindi wa Urais hauna shaka Dr. Slaa i going to win bila kujal CCM watafanya nini. Wengine wataseme "muujizi".. mimi.. nitasema ilipaswa.

NN.. ngosha ukimpata mwingine aliyeanzisha mapambano ya kifikra I would easily yield the throne to.... ushindi wa Urais hauna shaka Dr. Slaa i going to win bila kujal CCM watafanya nini. Wengine wataseme "muujizi".. mimi.. nitasema ilipaswa.

mi nilitegemea walau ungetumia uwingi na kusema 'tuliyoyaanzisha' maana tulikuwemo na akina sisi tukikupa tafu kwa namna moja ama nyingine. Au umesahau? Hata hivyo hapajaharibika kitu

Mwanakijiji, unajua wengine leo hata usingizi hauji? It great that the dawn has come. I for one believe that from this moment on...Tanzania will never be the same again...Messege sent and delivered.

DC

mi nilitegemea walau ungetumia uwingi na kusema 'tuliyoyaanzisha' maana tulikuwemo na akina sisi tukikupa tafu kwa namna moja ama nyingine. Au umesahau? Hata hivyo hapajaharibika kitu

Usijali mkuu..Historia imeshaandikwa...And you are in that very "Great Book"..The Guiness Book of Tanzanian Records and History.. from 31 Oct 2010 on...!

Good piece bro!

All I know ni kwamba it will never be the same, Kikwete will never rule/ lead the same way it has been with Mkapa, Mwinyi and himself on first term if at all he wins. He's seen and tested the politics of hypocrisy throughout his campaign. The voting results will just reveal contrary towhat he thought or else what he's been told to belive. The rural Tanzania will shake the establishment like never before. It will be an uphill battle for CCM to lead if their win will anyhow be translated as a rigged one.

Believe me.. what we have witnessed so far is the great shift in the political paradigm of Tanzania, Nothing will ever remain the same for if it does Tanzania will go the Nigeria Way - Prosperity for few, and Despair for the mass. Yes, if Tanzanians will not vote corrupt element in their political leadership then corruption will be crowned as the SOLE MERCILESS RULER. As we all know, where corruption rule, the rule is the corruption!

So, today our people are voting for the future of their nation. It is not about CCM, it is not about Chadema, and definitely not about NOW. It is about our common future and that of our posterity.

I agree completely. I want to be the first one voting out ccm. Am on my way to the ballot center. Let us vote to kill this dreadful animal

Mzee Mwanakijiji,thanks for this but wait for shock of a century!.
Angalizo lako la The Nigerian will apply!.

The hour counter has stopped. The minute counter stopped and so has the second counter. Wide eyed as de ccm heavy weights. They a asking themselves, 'How did we come to this point?' None of them has the answers. Perhaps they do but they chose pretend they don't. 'Should we pack & run? To where?'
A new day has come. Its triump of the oppressed.
I can visualise de tone i heard in Titanic from Kate Winslet 'ccm come back. Come back...' but there thy disappear slowly under the water. They a all gone. Gone & never to return. UNIP left. KANU left too the same way.

Winning the debate is one thing and winning the election is another..........................In the sixties the Democrats in US won the debate but lost the elections................

Back
Top Bottom