The cycle of poverty and its effects

Aneth Nickson

Jul 18, 2021
THE CYCLE OF POVERTY AND ITS EFFECTS

1. Poverty and health
As a medical student, I have heard of stories ranging from mother's dying from excessive blood loss to infants dying secondary to poor housing which causes diarrhoea and other communicable diseases.

I have heard of stories of young children losing lives to severe malnutrition, to adolescents dropping out of school secondary to unplanned pregnancies. Coming from a family that has struggled to get me to medical school, I have seen how poverty has affected both our physical and mental health.

I have seen patients with occupational diseases caused by working in poor conditions and lack of knowledge on using personal protective equipments.

All these are among few health effects of poverty on health.

2. Poverty effects on education and schooling
Due to poverty, many parents fail to pay for quality education for their children. And when they get an opportunity to attend school, many children study in an environment with poor infrastructure, overcrowding, with poor sanitation and filled with violence. The majority of the affected population include girls, children, minority ethnic groups, children coming from conflict areas and the disabled. This inturn propagates the cycle of poverty.

3. Poverty also increases crime rates since majority of the youth are unemployed and use crime to get income to support their families and earn a living.

You are scientist, Where have you learnt to write a good essay?

You have "seen" but you are "carried not that shoe".

I kidding you, Don't take it serious. My great Aneth Nickson.

THE CYCLE OF POVERTY AND ITS EFFECTS

1. Poverty and health
As a medical student, I have heard of stories ranging from mother's dying from excessive blood loss to infants dying secondary to poor housing which causes diarrhoea and other communicable diseases.

I have heard of stories of young children losing lives to severe malnutrition, to adolescents dropping out of school secondary to unplanned pregnancies. Coming from a family that has struggled to get me to medical school, I have seen how poverty has affected both our physical and mental health.

I have seen patients with occupational diseases caused by working in poor conditions and lack of knowledge on using personal protective equipments.

All these are among few health effects of poverty on health.

2. Poverty effects on education and schooling
Due to poverty, many parents fail to pay for quality education for their children. And when they get an opportunity to attend school, many children study in an environment with poor infrastructure, overcrowding, with poor sanitation and filled with violence. The majority of the affected population include girls, children, minority ethnic groups, children coming from conflict areas and the disabled. This inturn propagates the cycle of poverty.

3. Poverty also increases crime rates since majority of the youth are unemployed and use crime to get income to support their families and earn a living.
Your article would have an additional value if it had suggestions for fighting poverty.

Alright, you wrote to us about effect of poverty, I expected to see the suggestion to break this f***k cycle, as medical student, a scientist I don't know you failed or it just your laziness that you didn't give us some solutions

The author should drop down ways to eradicate poverty among our society. As a scientist and a medical student should brought scientific analysis on how to improve our lives. This time, you guys from colleges and universities, are expected to convey knowledge from books into reality... Illiterate majority should benefit technological machines produced by our elites.