JF-Expert Member
Feb 11, 2007
Teamwork behind Laizer’s Sh7.7bn tanzanite find

Saturday June 27 2020

laizer+pic.jpg

The Citizen Reporter
By The Citizen Reporter
More by this Author
Dar es Salaam. When news broke that a small scale miner, Saniniu Laizer, 52, had managed to pull out two largest tanzanite gemstones ever recorded in history, it appeared as though he was a lone man in the Tanzanite find. However, according to his manager, the success came with huge teamwork.

Before, the biggest previous tanzanite find was 3.38kg stone which was dug by a commercial mining company 15 years ago. But Mr Laizer and his team, has been able to find two dark violet-blue gemstones, each about 30cm long and 10cm thick, one weighing 9.27kg and the second 5.103kg.

Both stones were found last week, but the discovery only became known when Laizer sold them to the government on Wednesday.

Team behind work
With a production team, comprising of over 200 laborers, logistics experts, mining engineers and certified geologists, Mr Laizer’s entrance in the Tanzanian billionaire club comes as a journey that began 20 years ago.

He is a farmer and cattle keeper who owns 2,000 herd of cattle and that helped him sustain the mining activities, says his manager Mr Kiria Laizer, recalling the day when the gemstones were found.
Related Stories
Advertisement

“On that day when the stones were obtained from the mine, he says, “We were not at the mining site. I and Mr Laizer were in Arusha. It’s the production team that actually was in the mine.”

“Usually, when an explosive is released in the mine, it hits a huge rock and there are indications that are described by our geologist to show that there is an associated mineral. In this case, it was tanzanite,” he tells The Citizen, highlighting the efforts of the young men on the team, and the experts who the tanzanite miner has recruited on the job.

“So, that day, we were informed that the production team has pulled out the stones which initially were not confirmed to be tanzanite,. So, they were later washed and taken to the Fire One Stop center in Mirerani where there are experts and government officials who verify the minerals. Then we (I and Mr Laizer) were informed about it and we went later to see for ourselves,’’ he says.

Commits 10 percent to workers
“I work as his manager for the mining Block D site. I am one of the 215 staff that work for Laizer and we feel grateful that our boss who is the licensed owner of the mining block has finally got these stones. We have helped him earn about Sh 7.7 billion from the tanzanite stones. He committed that he would give 10 per cent of what he has earned to staff who have contributed to his success. We are happy that this has finally come.”

The struggles
“It was really a challenging experience. For years the biggest challenge has been on how to get explosives that help in breaking up the rocks to get the minerals we want...it can cost up to Sh200,000 per day to buy the right explosives.”

“While this may sound little money for a well-established company, for a small scale miner this is too expensive because you don’t get returns each time you incur the costs at that time....You have to rely on other sources of finance to get money to carry out with the mining and that’s challenging. For us, we had to rely on finances we get from cattle keeping.”

Ni wakati sasa billionaire aachwe apumue na apate fursa ya kujipangia matumizi yake kwa uhuru, hadi leo bado vyombo vya habari ikiwemo tbc wanapisha kwenda kuhoji mipango ya laizer, hii sio haki kabisa! huyo mdau hakucheza bahatinasibu, alihustle, aliinvest sana na akafanikiwa. Waandishi acheni uvivu tafuteni habari zingine mtuletee!

Ni wakati sasa billionaire aachwe apumue na apate fursa ya kujipangia matumizi yake kwa uhuru, hadi leo bado vyombo vya habari ikiwemo tbc wanapisha kwenda kuhoji mipango ya laizer, hii sio haki kabisa! huyo mdau hakucheza bahatinasibu, alihustle, aliinvest sana na akafanikiwa. Waandishi acheni uvivu tafuteni habari zingine mtuletee!
Ukiwa tajiri kwenye lundo la masikini.

Kila mtu haamini kama umetoboa.

Saturday June 27 2020

laizer+pic.jpg

The Citizen Reporter
By The Citizen Reporter
More by this Author
Dar es Salaam. When news broke that a small scale miner, Saniniu Laizer, 52, had managed to pull out two largest tanzanite gemstones ever recorded in history, it appeared as though he was a lone man in the Tanzanite find. However, according to his manager, the success came with huge teamwork.
Before, the biggest previous tanzanite find was 3.38kg stone which was dug by a commercial mining company 15 years ago. But Mr Laizer and his team, has been able to find two dark violet-blue gemstones, each about 30cm long and 10cm thick, one weighing 9.27kg and the second 5.103kg.
Both stones were found last week, but the discovery only became known when Laizer sold them to the government on Wednesday.

Team behind work
With a production team, comprising of over 200 laborers, logistics experts, mining engineers and certified geologists, Mr Laizer’s entrance in the Tanzanian billionaire club comes as a journey that began 20 years ago.
He is a farmer and cattle keeper who owns 2,000 herd of cattle and that helped him sustain the mining activities, says his manager Mr Kiria Laizer, recalling the day when the gemstones were found.
Related Stories
Advertisement

“On that day when the stones were obtained from the mine, he says, “We were not at the mining site. I and Mr Laizer were in Arusha. It’s the production team that actually was in the mine.”
“Usually, when an explosive is released in the mine, it hits a huge rock and there are indications that are described by our geologist to show that there is an associated mineral. In this case, it was tanzanite,” he tells The Citizen, highlighting the efforts of the young men on the team, and the experts who the tanzanite miner has recruited on the job.
“So, that day, we were informed that the production team has pulled out the stones which initially were not confirmed to be tanzanite,. So, they were later washed and taken to the Fire One Stop center in Mirerani where there are experts and government officials who verify the minerals. Then we (I and Mr Laizer) were informed about it and we went later to see for ourselves,’’ he says.

“I work as his manager for the mining Block D site. I am one of the 215 staff that work for Laizer and we feel grateful that our boss who is the licensed owner of the mining block has finally got these stones. We have helped him earn about Sh 7.7 billion from the tanzanite stones. He committed that he would give 10 per cent of what he has earned to staff who have contributed to his success. We are happy that this has finally come.”

The struggles
“It was really a challenging experience. For years the biggest challenge has been on how to get explosives that help in breaking up the rocks to get the minerals we want...it can cost up to Sh200,000 per day to buy the right explosives.”
“While this may sound little money for a well-established company, for a small scale miner this is too expensive because you don’t get returns each time you incur the costs at that time....You have to rely on other sources of finance to get money to carry out with the mining and that’s challenging. For us, we had to rely on finances we get from cattle keeping.”
Hivi Tanzanite inafanya kazi gani? Value, industrial value ni ipi? Diamond hardest known substance, inatumika kupasua miamba wakati wa say kuchimba mafuta ..., petrol for energy, sasa Tanzaniate inafanya kitu gani?

Nachojua inatengenezwa kwa urembo wa kina mama kama bangili, ushanga wa shingoni na hereni pia.

Pamoja na haya madini kupatikana Tanzania tu lakini Nchi yetu ni ya nne katika mapato ya Tanzanite. India inaongoza ikifuatiwa na USA, Kenya kisha ndiyo sisi. India Tanzanite imecreate ajira nyingi sana kuliko Tanzania. Pamoja na huo ukuta lakini bado watu wanavusha kinyemela.

Hivi Tanzanite inafanya kazi gani? Value, industrial value ni ipi? Diamond hardest known substance, inatumika kupasua miamba wakati wa say kuchimba mafuta ..., petrol for energy, sasa Tanzaniate inafanya kitu gani?

Yes Sir you’re 110% accurate.

Tanzanite is a very popular jewelry gemstone. It is used in bracelets, necklaces, and earrings. It is less often used in rings due to its relatively low hardness which makes its prone to scratches.
Not a necessity to life! au nimekosea? One can do without it!

Mkuu diamond kwa %85 ni pambo tu na 15%ndio vijikazi vidogo vidogo
Diamond ni dini ghali la kwanza duniani na inaongoza kwa hardness ya 12 ikifuatiwa na Ruby
Tanzanite hardness yake ni 7 tu sema ni jiwe linalopatkana Tanzania tu duniani kote
Na wala haifikii bei ya slmasi au ya Ruby hata kwa harufu tu

Inaboa Sana , yaan unakuwa monitored mwanzo mwisho, na mambo yakimwendea vibaya hao hao wabongo wataanza kumcheka , Millard ayo naye kila sku anapost mara mapya yaibuka Kwa billionaire mpya , usenge usenge mwingi tuuu ...

Inaboa Sana , yaan unakuwa monitored mwanzo mwisho, na mambo yakimwendea vibaya hao hao wabongo wataanza kumcheka , Millard ayo naye kila sku anapost mara mapya yaibuka Kwa billionaire mpya , usenge usenge mwingi tuuu ...
Yaani mkuu ni upuuzi wa kiwango cha standard gauge, yule mmasai si mtu wa media wanajaribu kumlazimisha awe ktk media kila siku. Eti unapanga kufanya nini na hela ulizopata, shame on TBC!

Mkuu diamond kwa %85 ni pambo tu na 15%ndio vijikazi vidogo vidogo
Diamond ni dini ghali la kwanza duniani na inaongoza kwa hardness ya 12 ikifuatiwa na Ruby
Tanzanite hardness yake ni 7 tu sema ni jiwe linalopatkana Tanzania tu duniani kote
Na wala haifikii bei ya slmasi au ya Ruby hata kwa harufu tu
asante kwa elimu!

Saturday June 27 2020

laizer+pic.jpg

The Citizen Reporter
By The Citizen Reporter
More by this Author

Team behind work
Related Stories
Advertisement

The struggles
only 10% to over 215 staff? C'on!

• Nzuri
Reactions: BAK
Yaani mkuu ni upuuzi wa kiwango cha standard gauge, yule mmasai si mtu wa media wanajaribu kumlazimisha awe ktk media kila siku. Eti unapanga kufanya nini na hela ulizopata, shame on TBC!
Na bahati mbaya sana huu ni mwaka wa kampeni utamuona hadi kwenye yale matangazo ya "Kishindo cha awamu ya tano"

Sawa mkuu, naimani wahusika wamekusikia

Huoni kuwa kila mtu atapata walau milioni 4 na hiyo ni bonus tu nje ya mshahara? Yani wabongo mnapenda vya bure na ndiyo maana unashabikia CCM.
Na tusichokijua wengi ni kuwa ni nadra sana vitoke vipande viwili pekee bila mawe mengine,hayo ni makubwa kwa rekodi ndio maana yametangazwa mara nyingi yakitoka mawe makubwa hayakosekani mengine kwenye uzazi wa njia hiyona tena yanaweza kutoka mengi yenye kuzidi kilo hizo ingawa zinakuwa ni vipande vidogo kama gram 5,50,100... na hapo mara nyingi ndio teamwork wanajilipa

5 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom