Tanzania's Missing Opposition...

Invisible

Robot
Feb 11, 2006
I got this paper from a colleague and went thru it, thought might be of great use for all JF members and visitors and probably we might have a strong dialogue from this research paper...

Additional paper from REDET:

i1408_REDETEvaluation.jpg

i1413_AssaultonDemocracy.jpg

Attachments

• Oposition_Tanzania.pdf
    469 KB · Views: 206
  • REDET_Evaluation.pdf
    214 KB · Views: 150
  • Assault on Democracy.pdf
    240.7 KB · Views: 43
I got this paper from a colleague and went thru it, thought might be of great use for all JF members and visitors and probably we might have a strong dialogue from this research paper...
Thanks in advance. Nitasoma nimetulia, then I'll come back to you.

Its sad to see some research data shows that CCM is doing whatever it takes to make sure it stays in power.While they are doing so, Tanganyikans seemed to be frozen by cold water just like in Nyerere's times.People dying for hunger, and Tanganyikans praising Nyerere for his leadership.When CUF goes in power in Zanzibar, we will remove that college of Nyerere at Maisara!He didnt deserve that from us.

I am really proud to be a Zanzibari, atleast they show some drops of resistance...yes, the resistance is growing and its always becoming tough and tougher for CCM to stay in power in Zanzibar.

If you look on the trends, 1995 Zanzibaris were robbed their democratic decisions small resistance but almost nothing....

2000, some had to be killed....but atleast no military intervention.

2005, the whole Stone-Town had to be seized by JWTZ....

2010,CCM started from the registration stage to play dirty tricks...no idea may be Osama Bin Laden will help us get a 2nd revolution :D

By the way, many thanks for sharing this document, really appreciated it.

Yea the pepa tells the most, lakini kama tutakumbuka Mtikila in pre-95 elections ali highlight most of these issues. Akisisitiza ni ndoto kwa Mrema kushinda in such environment. Well can't the opposition sit down and tryh at least to resolve one of these issues?

Yea the pepa tells the most, lakini kama tutakumbuka Mtikila in pre-95 elections ali highlight most of these issues. Akisisitiza ni ndoto kwa Mrema kushinda in such environment. Well can't the opposition sit down and tryh at least to resolve one of these issues?
They can if Mrema will be the chairman of that discussion :D

Yeah, a nice paper explaining a lot of what we know about our sad political situation. It just goes to show you how VERY FAR from democracy we are.

Hizo hurdles vyama vya siasa hawawaambia wananchi mfano kuhusu
1. upungufu wa kisheria
2. upungufu wa fedha za campaign na muundo wake
3. kunyanyaswa kwa viongozi wa upinzani kwa kodi, etc
wananchi wa kawaida ni ngumu sana kuelewa bila vyama kuungana ku-address hii issue.

Not scaring as such... naona doc inaanza na pg 124... anyway, it is the truth which we know but decline to acknowledge

Mkuu MN,

Kurasa za publications (papers) zilizochapishwa kwenye journal zinakuwa namna hiyo. Toleo moja la journal linaweza kuwa na papers kama 10 au zaidi na kila moja inajitegemea lakini kutakuwepo na paper itakayonzia page 1 na nyingine zitaendelea. Jounal inaweza kuwa na issues kadhaa kwa mwaka ambazo zinakuwa na page zinazoendelea. Kwa mfano issue No.2 inaweza kuanzia page 230 wakati issue No.3 itaanzia pager 600 n.k. Kwa hii Journal inaonesha kila issue ina page zake (yaani inaanzia page 1). Ingawa sijaisoma kwa undani lakini hii paper ilitolewa kwenye Jounal of Democracy volume 20, issue No. 4 page 122-139 (2009).

Hizo hurdles vyama vya siasa hawawaambia wananchi mfano kuhusu
1. upungufu wa kisheria
2. upungufu wa fedha za campaign na muundo wake
3. kunyanyaswa kwa viongozi wa upinzani kwa kodi, etc
wananchi wa kawaida ni ngumu sana kuelewa bila vyama kuungana ku-address hii issue.
karibu wataongezewa kikwazo kingine-sheria mpya ya election financing

Not scaring as such... naona doc inaanza na pg 124... anyway, it is the truth which we know but decline to acknowledge

Mzee hii doc ni part ya journal, ndiyo sababu imeanzia pg number 124.

However, the doc has said it all. Ni kazi yetu kutafuta solutions. Nafikiri opposition wanatakiwa waisome na kuifanyia kazi especially kuhusu mapungufu yao.

Kama ni wa mwaka 2008 kweli huu utafiti basi ulimhusisha Mkamba, kwani hakuna mahali walipoitaja CHADEMA , ILA Wameitaja wakati ikishirikiana na CUF mwaka 2000 kwenye uchaguzi wa Rais.

Hata Busand walishindwa kusema kuwa CHADEMA ndio waliikabaCCM?
Ama kunachaa kiliutumia kujitafutia pesa nje ya nchi.

Mkuu MN,

Kurasa za publications (papers) zilizochapishwa kwenye journal zinakuwa namna hiyo. Toleo moja la journal linaweza kuwa na papers kama 10 au zaidi na kila moja inajitegemea lakini kutakuwepo na paper itakayonzia page 1 na nyingine zitaendelea. Jounal inaweza kuwa na issues kadhaa kwa mwaka ambazo zinakuwa na page zinazoendelea. Kwa mfano issue No.2 inaweza kuanzia page 230 wakati issue No.3 itaanzia pager 600 n.k. Kwa hii Journal inaonesha kila issue ina page zake (yaani inaanzia page 1). Ingawa sijaisoma kwa undani lakini hii paper ilitolewa kwenye Jounal of Democracy volume 20, issue No. 4 page 122-139 (2009).
you are right

Bila independent electoral commission, mabadiliko ya katiba ya nchi na sheria zinazohusu uchaguzi; na bila muungano wa vyama vya upinzani, CCM itabaki madarakani indefinitely.

Its sad to see some research data shows that CCM is doing whatever it takes to make sure it stays in power.While they are doing so, Tanganyikans seemed to be frozen by cold water just like in Nyerere's times.People dying for hunger, and Tanganyikans praising Nyerere for his leadership.When CUF goes in power in Zanzibar, we will remove that college of Nyerere at Maisara!He didnt deserve that from us.

I am really proud to be a Zanzibari, atleast they show some drops of resistance...yes, the resistance is growing and its always becoming tough and tougher for CCM to stay in power in Zanzibar.

If you look on the trends, 1995 Zanzibaris were robbed their democratic decisions small resistance but almost nothing....

2000, some had to be killed....but atleast no military intervention.

2005, the whole Stone-Town had to be seized by JWTZ....

2010,CCM started from the registration stage to play dirty tricks...no idea may be Osama Bin Laden will help us get a 2nd revolution :D

By the way, many thanks for sharing this document, really appreciated it.

MY REPLY
I think politics of regionalisation and tribalism are things of the past. Mr. Froasty appears to argue that Zanzibar should be ruled by people from Zanzibar. That is politics of the stone age. That is what divides nations.

As civilised people we should be looking for good leadership of the highest integrity. That is what will provide credible development of benefit to all Tanzanian people.

I also would like to see change from CCM. Not because they have been in power too long, but simply because they have achieved nothing while in power. If anything, they appear to tolerate blatant corruption and bad government. Additionally, they are a party of old men, devoid of a sense of national duty.

Instead for promoting an independent Zanzibar, we should be calling for national unity under fresh, new and young leadership.

Just which parties in Tanzania can provide that kind of leadership? I want to that party and start promoting them!

Kama ni wa mwaka 2008 kweli huu utafiti basi ulimhusisha Mkamba, kwani hakuna mahali walipoitaja CHADEMA , ILA Wameitaja wakati ikishirikiana na CUF mwaka 2000 kwenye uchaguzi wa Rais.

Hata Busand walishindwa kusema kuwa CHADEMA ndio waliikabaCCM?
Ama kunachaa kiliutumia kujitafutia pesa nje ya nchi.

Journal of Democracy is the most reputable journal. You can not say people are looking for money outside. For your information CHADEMA is not being taken serious internationally, especially by researchers. They are kind like observing it. They ignore it.

This study is so well written and opposition must take it seriously and address the challenges mentioned.

Hii mambo yenu ya kukurupuka na kujibu masuala ya kisayansi kisiasa muache. Haiwasaidii. Kama hukubaliani na kazi hii, comission your own study halafu compare results. Kisayansi........

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom