Tanzanians Reactions to the Governments Anti democracy actions

ubongokid

JF-Expert Member
Apr 30, 2017
For the Past few days I have been travelling around the country.I have had a a chance to visit various areas including,Dar es salaam,Coast,Tanga,Moshi,Arusha and what I have been researching is the response of the citizens towards the coming elections for local government leaders.

The Local government leadership is the lowest level of leadership in the country and these are the people who work directly with the people.They include cell leaders and village assembly members.The role of these leaders is very crucial and has a direct impact to the daily lives of the citizens

Despit the sensitivity one can not help to wonder as to the low turn over of people to the registration.The deadline is due but still people do not seem to care less.For the most part the majority are moving on with their daily affairs as if the issue is none of their business.It is like there is a silence rejection of the electoral process with the possibility of even fewer people turning up to vote.

Sources from the media have attributed this to various factors including the weather.it is however not clear as to the impact of this to the electoral process.It is not clear in our laws as to what will happen if people do not turn up for registration and worse still if the few who register do not turn up to vote.

It is as if the citizens are revolting silently without taking to the streets.The questions that everyone is asking are such are the significance of this kind of action,is it a negative reaction or a positive reaction.What does it mean for 2020 elections.Are people angry with the government dissatisfied.Is it due to lack of awareness as to the significance of the election.

It is important to take part in election but should we consider voters apathy as just a lack of interest or does it signify dissatisfaction.

Hiyo lugha ya kiuandishi ni kama ya mtoto wa darasa la 3 anayejifunza lugha ya kiingereza, ukisoma ni kama lengo la aliyeandika ni kujifunza kiingereza zaidi klk ujumbe!

bora hata ungeandika kiswahili, lugha za watu siyo mchezo, ukitaka kuwa kibaraka wao vizuri, master lugha yso kwanza, make umeandika ili wakuone.

Back
Top Bottom