By: Ian Mansfield | 30th Dec 2011 The Tanzanian government has said that it has no plans to sell its 40% stake in the local Airtel subsidiary - mainly due to the success of the mobile money service offered by the network. India's Bharti Airtel holds the remaining 60% of the company, following its purchase from Zain. That transaction was delayed in Tanzania following a dispute over an alleged previous deal by Zain to sell its stake to the governent. Last year, Bharti Airtel offered US$11 million to buy out the government's 40% stake in the company. The Minister for Finance and Economic Affairs, Mustafa Mkulo, told The East African Business Week that the Government will not be off-loading its shares because of the profitability of the service. Minister Mkulo added: "We have decided to continue with you until further notice because there is no risk of losing our tax payers money … We want to still maintaining our dividend."