Tanzania has launched a mobile immunization program

Roving Journalist

JF Roving Journalist
Apr 18, 2017
Tanzanian government has launched a 10 participatory and rapid vaccination program against COVID-19 with the presence of a mobile immunization (mobile vaccination site) and follow up on citizens who are ready to be vaccinated voluntarily.

The initiative was launched yesterday by the Minister of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly, Dr. Dorothy Gwajima, at the annual general meeting of regional and council chief physicians held in the city here.

Commenting on the plan, the Permanent Secretary Ministry of Health, Prof. Abel Makubi, said the plan aims to increase immunization centers from 550 to 6,784, to speed up early immunization.

"In the mobile vaccination, we have ordered vehicles and yesterday I ordered our institutions and councils to provide vehicles for the implementation of this program, I have heard some directors are reluctant to provide vehicles, MSD and the immunization program have provided, TB has not yet provided, this is a national plan, I want the vehicles to be released within the next 24 hours for all institutions that still have not ”he said.

He said it would be overseen by regional commissioners, Regional Administrative Secretaries and Regional Chief Physicians.

"It is a month now since President Samia Suluhu Hassan launched the vaccine where more than 350,000 people have so far been vaccinated, we still need citizens to be vaccinated as soon as possible due to the nature of the disease itself," he said. He said the disease was epidemic and was spreading rapidly and vaccination was the only way to reduce the spread of the disease.

He noted that groups, community leaders and local governments are key to promoting immunization in urban and rural areas. "The program also aims to provide education through traditional dance, choir, music, drama, seminars, conferences and also TV and community radio, as well as government, social, religious, parliamentary, artists, celebrities, professionals, representatives of social groups such as Vicoba, ”he said.

He said each council would aim to reach a specific time set and follow up on citizens who are ready to be vaccinated without having to go to the centers.

You have done nice !Minister!.What I am asking ,Are we curiously launching a program with the number of 1 million vaccines! out of 60 million civilians ?
Yet we needed to be closes to our donors so that we get more assistance of vaccines! OH! GOD HELP US!!!