Tanzania (Dar) multi-billion high rise project approved

nomasana

JF-Expert Member
Aug 14, 2009
PRESIDENT Jakaya Kikwete's 2005 election slogan - better life for all Tanzanians - is now being realized in deeds following the signing of an agreement to construct a multi-billion shilling project in Dar es Salaam.

The long-awaited project to be executed at Mchikichini in Ilala District follows an agreement between the Ilala Municipal Council, the National Social Security Fund (NSSF) and a Malaysia-based Symmetric Link SBN BHD company.

"For a long time, the Ilala Municipal Council authorities have been looking for an investor to put up a huge multi-use structure at Mchikichini but those efforts have been in vain," says the Ilala Municipal Council Mayor Abuu Jumaa.

He adds: "But today we can breathe with a sigh of relief following the partnership between the NSSF and the Symmetric Link firm from Malaysia, the project is now on the cards and it will soon be realized."

Under the project, which will make Mchikichini look like a development village, there will be housing for accommodating 400 residents at the project area, over 1,600 flats covering 50 floors and office structures covering 25 floors and international standard hotels covering another 50 floors.

According to the project's implementation programme, there will also be medium level hotels in 10 floors, a modern shopping arcade covering three floors and elegant office for the Ilala municipal authorities covering 40 floors.

Architectural designs and artistic impressions for the project has already been drawn out indicating that initial construction stages will involve building of two flats with 17 floors each, with a total number of 480 houses.

The project, the first of its kind to be implemented in Tanzania, addresses the issue of affordable housing for majority poor Tanzanians and provision of special commercial services that were initially available in the central business district.

"This huge investment which we have been looking for a long time will turn Ilala municipality into a beehive of business activities," says Mayor Jumaa wearing a broad smile.

"The first beneficiaries of the project will be the 400 residents in the area," says the mayor, adding that some of the residents will be paid handsome amounts for compensation as they will be required to give way for the project.

He says construction will be done in phases with the first phase involving construction of residential houses, to be followed by the second phase covering commercial structures such as offices and hotels.

"Implementation of the project will take four to five years before completion," says the mayor, adding that all the hotels and offices to be constructed at the area will be sold or rented to Tanzanians.

He adds: "Definitely this project is going to stimulate development not only for Ilala but for the entire country, as it will attract businesses from the country's four corners."

The project will help to showcase the state-of-the-art houses, hotel structures and office accommodation in addition to creating employment to majority young Tanzanians and it will also act as a source of revenue for the government.

"The entire project area will not look the same when implementation of the project is completed," says Mahamed Hussein, a representative of the Malaysian firm.

The new project will improve Dar es Salaam's skyline with its new high-rise buildings making it the largest city in Tanzania and it is the country's important economic centre.

Jpeg.jpg

i LOVE this project. hopefully it comes through!

1)i would like to know what is the cost of this project
2)maybe for once some of you tanzanians should stop over critisizing kikwete cuz it seems like the guy is delivering
3) i want nairobi city council officials to talk to the mayor of that county so that they can learn from him. that mayor seems like a man with a plan and we need more men like him

Hongera Dr. Dau kwa kuleta mabadiliko ya kweli ktk NSSF. Ma-director wengine waige

Jamani watanzania tuna laana gani?

Eti hongera Dau kwa kuwekeza hela zetu bila kutushirikisha. Ina maana hatujui hata jinsi hii mifuko inavyotakiwa kuendeshwa? Huo uwekezaji wa huko nyumba umetusaidiaje wawekezaji maana hela ni zetu kutuongezea thamani ya vipande vyetu vya uwekezaji?

Dau na kina mkulo na watendaji wengine wa mifiuko hii wanajifanyia maamizi utafikiri hela zao, hivi hapa Tz mradi kama huo utarudisha hiyo hela lini?

Hebu jamani tujaribu kuwa tunafikiria kabla ya kuruka na hongera tunaishia kuchanganyana kabisa maana ni kama sijui kitu gani watanzania sisi. Tuanze kuwa tunafikiri tunapima madhara n.k hii miradi ya kisiasa haimsaidii chochote mkatwa mafao ambae mpaka leo average kiinua mgongo kiko kati ya sh 6,000 na 45,000 kwa mwezi.

Jamani hizo returns za hizo investments zinaishia kuneemesha Dau na timu yake na kupelekwa CCM kuwakopesha viongozi wasiorudisha hizo hela kina Sumaye na wengine mpaka leo kwa riba ya kutupa kabisa badala ya kuwekeza hata kwenye mikopo ya wanafunzi ama mikopo ya vijana ya bei ya chini.

Do I scream or do I weep?!!

What the f**k (excuse me) is this thing?Atlantis???

First of all,the design is not ''people friendly'',the mixed use idea is a total chaos and hell,this beast doesn't look anything like the community we urgently need.

What happened to Ardhi Institute's smart urban planners?

Why is everybody okay with this?

First of all,the design is not ''people friendly'',the mixed use idea is a total chaos and hell,this beast doesn't look anything like the community we urgently need.

The design is not just "people friendly", its not reflecting on the true/reality of the lives of the ppl leaving by. Tunajenga kwa faida ya nani?

Alafu ningependa kujua kama ni lazima contractors, nk watoke nje?

I hate these monkeys up at the top! They are ridiculously stupid! Wao ni kuiga tu...bila kujua consequences!

while i understand you concerns which are very valid, i also ask you why cant you appreciate what they are trying to do? i am a kenyan and i wish my govt would initiate a project like this to house those pple living in the slums. i dont care about the design or the foreign contractors as long as people are getting affordable descent housing.

while i understand you concerns which are very valid, i also ask you why cant you appreciate what they are trying to do? i am a kenyan and i wish my govt would initiate a project like this to house those pple living in the slums. i dont care about the design or the foreign contractors as long as people are getting affordable descent housing.

Moderates!

Look here jirani,since you have mentioned lack of interest in the general design and landscape entities of the project,I'll try to stick to the socioeconomic issues that you have presented (poverty and lack of proper housing).

The only thing I appreciate in this whole thing is the ''idea'' of housing for the poor.
However,what is even more important than the idea is the implementation process involved.I see the need to rid off housing problems among the urban poor through a creation of ''homes'' (not simply houses) and a system in which community organization and associative action can be made possible.I hear the call to solving existing socioeconomic problems through community involvement in planning and decision making which have not been given priorities at any stage of this development.

I will not apologize for demanding more of my government nor will I appreciate what is less than my true worth as a citizen.If my government decides to provide me with affordable housing,let it portray my dignity,sense of place and belongingness.

I want to see kids play hide n' seek and bruise their knees climbing trees...can this plan offer me that,at the very least?

MBONA MNAZIDI KUUFANYA MJI UWE NA MSONGAMANO......? KITU HIKI KINGEWEZA KAA KILUVYA NA KIKAWA BAB KUBWA......!

but all in all .....its a good project needs to be pongezwaring for....! NEXT TIME NEXT PROJECT IN THE OUTSKIRT OF THE CITY....!

This is a non-starter. When you have the mayor being the spokesperson for the project ujue ni mchanga wa macho hou. For such a big project, not to hear from the investors wenyewe is very strange...anyway yangu macho lakini one day you will realize kuwa this is a non-starter project

Hivi hiik ramanik imeinkludi mpaka kule bondeni kuelekea Kariakoo??? Itakuwa kichekesho kama hayo majengo yatakuwa just adjacent na zile squaters kule bondeni

Let us hope this project will not end up in shelves like 2 other previous projects the first was one a commercial area which was to involve earth filling along the indian ocean front [from salendar bridge up to the magogoni. and the second one was also an ocean front bussiness centre along azikiwe up to magogoni.

Kwanza nimpongeze Dr Dau kwa kubuni miradi ya aina hii, jamani wapi mumesikia wadau wa mfuko wooooote wakishirikiswa kwenye maamuzi? Hebu tuwache fikra mgando za ujamaa na kujitegemea. Lazima wengine wafanye maamuzi kwa niaba yetu, muhimu ni maamuzi ambayo yatafanya mfuko ukue na kwenda mbele.

Miradi ya indian ocean front na inayohusu matumizi ya maeneo ya bahari yanahitaji tathmini nzuri ya mazingira (Environmental Impact Assessment) na sio kukurupuka tu na kuanza kusema hivyo. Hata huo mkubwa wa NSSF pia utahitaji EIA, kwani impacts zitakuwa kubwa ukijijengea tu.

Mfano ule mradi wa eneo la kibiashara pale salendar bridge ulitaka kukata ile mikoko na kujaza ardhi, umefikiria athari yake kwa upande wa mmong'onyoko wa ardhi. Maji yanayoingia baharini kutoka mto Msimbazi yangepita kwa wapi? Si ndio mafuriko mengine kama ya Msasani bonde la mpunga ambayo yangetokea?

The project, the first of its kind to be implemented in Tanzania, addresses the issue of affordable housing for majority poor Tanzanians and provision of special commercial services that were initially available in the central business district.

i hope they'll afford.

The new project will improve Dar es Salaam's skyline with its new high-rise buildings making it the largest city in Tanzania and it is the country's important economic centre.

i thought it was the largest city in TZ b4 this project!

Inaelekea dhana ya hifadhi ya jamii bado haijaeleweka. Katika bodi ya NSSF , na mifuko mingine, kuna wajumbe wanaowakilisha waajiri na wanachama. Sasa unaposema wanachama hawajashirikishwa ni kosa. Jaribu kusoma sheria za mifuko husika, ziko wazi kabisa kuwa wadhamini (wajumbe wa bodi) lazima watoke pande zote zinazohusika yaani waajiri ,wanachama na serikali.

MBONA MNAZIDI KUUFANYA MJI UWE NA MSONGAMANO......? KITU HIKI KINGEWEZA KAA KILUVYA NA KIKAWA BAB KUBWA......!
but all in all .....its a good project needs to be pongezwaring for....! NEXT TIME NEXT PROJECT IN THE OUTSKIRT OF THE CITY....!

Our president His Excellency JK has been talking everytime about establishing" Satelite Cities " outwards of DAR, but our Pension Funds Managers and Mayors dont want to listen and they still talks on establishing these questionable projects within the already congested city, where ammenities like power, water, waste water and other infrastructure are already clogged with some huge limitation of possibilty of expanding them!!!! Kweli Bongo tamabarare.......!!!!

Idea ya huu mradi ni nzuri. ila Nashangaa wanaopongeza NSSF kwa ujumla.. Sidhani kama Dr Dau au NSSF pekee wantakiwa wapewe sifa kwa huu mradi.

Tunaona Share holders wa huo mradi ni Ilala Municipal Council, tNational Social Security Fund (NSSF) and a Malaysia-based Symmetric Link SBN BHD company. So pongezi kama ni za muhimu zinatakiwa wkenda kwao wote.

Kingine tuache kasumba ya kuwasifia watu kwa sababu tu wamefanya wanachotakiwa kufanya.

Back
Top Bottom