Tanzania and the Politics of Character Assassination

n00b

JF-Expert Member
Apr 10, 2008
attachment.php

Of late, there have been a growing trend or emerging pattern in Tanzanian politics which is constructed on the worst style of political blackmail.

For those familiar with McCarthyism in American politics, it is one built on the tripods of intimidation, innuendo-es and subversion.

This is a dark art tactic. Rumors first start from the internal recesses of gossip parlors utilized by political gangsters, then it is sponsored into guest articles of national newspapers where it gains both steam and currency. Ultimately, innuendo-es take a life of their own, and they gain traction in the mind of ordinary people - even the educated!

Lies become truths, and otherwise good men are destroyed - for the benefit of the enemies of the Country.

There is a science to this dark art. It has been used severally in other climes, but in Tanzania it's use is approaching a level of national danger never seen in other climes.

For example, the dark art works well, because it also achieves the collateral effect of scaring any good person with the tiniest mustard seed of ambition to join politics in the future.

By denying the nation her best leaders today and tomorrow, the dark art of blackmail becomes a powerful agent of underdevelopment!

This blackmail, or rather political character assassination, always has a victim.

It is not the target that is the ultimate loser of such acts- it is usually the people.

Tanzania is denied the best leaders, by the black art of political character assassination.

Indeed, if you have ruled the country for eight years and have no tangible results for it; if murders, kidnappings and terrorism have been the hallmark of your administration; if ethnic strife, under development and retardation has been the product of your leadership; if government by money bags, godfathers and gangsters is your way; well you still can win elections in Tanzania.

And even though the choice was clear, the election results were clearer. The people vote for the status qua!

It is only because of this dark art we have empty brains presiding at every level of Tanzania's governance today.

I suspect because we have for too long become victims of these marauders and purveyors of the dark art of innuendo-es; who disqualify the very best among us for their own selfish ends and leave the weakest standing!

Now, as we prepare for 2015 the dark art machinery is already at it! They've selected some candidates for destruction and blackmail.

See, they don't deal in the art of campaigning; they specialize in the art of disqualifying.

They will destroy any potential crusader turn politician to ensure only their compromised candidate are left standing.

Their tactics are simple; watch out, lest you fall victim. First, they identify the target.

He will be an outstanding public servant or private sector participant; someone that has shown a past penchant for independent thinking is big enough threat for this group.

They then float couple of occasions of indiscretions of thoughts, actions or musings out there, and combine it with their own dressings of impropriety.

Upon which they get some hungry journalists on their pay roll, and direct these writings to simple-minded online platforms where jobless youths and angry simpletons are not lacking

The final stage of course for them will be to prepare and serve the combustible mix of ethnicity and religion for the public stage; whereupon the target is immobilized, whether he or she admits it or not. Well, let us just say that when they're finished, only by the grace of the Almighty can their target survive.

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.

The question on inquiring minds that understand this black art of blackmail well practiced by the powers that be ("the owners of Tanzania") is that, will Tanzanians fall for it again?

Because there are a few men who are aspirants for 2015 General Election; these men are one of the few good men that Tanzania has in places of authority.

It will be a shame, if we let them be swiped by the over-generalized brush of ethnic or religious bigotry! We cannot disqualify the few good men in Tanzania because what will be left are charlatans!

Let those who have ears, let them hear!

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.

The question on inquiring minds that understand this black art of blackmail well practiced by the powers that be ("the owners of Tanzania") is that, will Tanzanians fall for it again?

Because there are a few men who are aspirants for 2015 General Election; these men are one of the few good men that Tanzania has in places of authority.

It will be a shame, if we let them be swiped by the over-generalized brush of ethnic or religious bigotry! We cannot disqualify the few good men in Tanzania because what will be left are charlatans!

Let those who have ears, let them hear!

The beauty of theorizing is..........there is no accountability until theories have to face the harsh realities of life..................name the name please of the good ones......................I always think the beautiful ones are not yet born!

For example, the dark art works well, because it also achieves the collateral effect of scaring any good person with the tiniest mustard seed of ambition to join politics in the future.

By denying the nation her best leaders today and tomorrow, the dark art of blackmail becomes a powerful agent of underdevelopment!

This blackmail, or rather political character assassination, always has a victim.

Now, as we prepare for 2015 the dark art machinery is already at it! They've selected some candidates for destruction and blackmail.

See, they don't deal in the art of campaigning; they specialize in the art of disqualifying.

They will destroy any potential crusader turn politician to ensure only their compromised candidate are left standing.

Their tactics are simple; watch out, lest you fall victim. First, they identify the target.

He will be an outstanding public servant or private sector participant; someone that has shown a past penchant for independent thinking is big enough threat for this group.
Only time will tell. Mtanielewa tu

1 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom