State of the Internet in Kenya: Country Ranks 1st in Internet Connection Speed in Africa

The good thing about Jubilee is they do too much PR now its haunting them

But how is this a PR, this is about an American company ranking Kenya 1st in internet connection speed. Kenya now leads Africa in internet penetration.... Why can't Kenyans celebrate good stuffs patriotically without tagging along Jubilee/CORD hate thing.
Must be noted all these achievements are a result of workmanship by all of us notwithstanding of political affiliation.
I have often said, though am Uhuru supporter, but if Raila wins, I will still be posting here all Kenyan achievements patriotically because this is our country and it belongs to all of us. Presidents will come and go, but our nation will still be there centuries to come.... So tupunguze chuki na kuipenda nchi yetu, taifa mbele, tuwaige Watanzania kwa hili, they always unite on matters concerning national achievements.

chart-11482389319206_aspR_1.000_w480_h480_e.jpeg

But how is this a PR, this is about an American company ranking Kenya 1st in internet connection speed. Kenya now leads Africa in internet penetration.... Why can't Kenyans celebrate good stuffs patriotically without tagging along Jubilee/CORD hate thing.
Must be noted all these achievements are a result of workmanship by all of us notwithstanding of political affiliation.
I have often said, though am Uhuru supporter, but if Raila wins, I will still be posting here all Kenyan achievements patriotically because this is our country and it belongs to all of us. Presidents will come and go, but our nation will still be there centuries to come.... So tupunguze chuki na kuipenda nchi yetu, taifa mbele, tuwaige Watanzania kwa hili, they always unite on matters concerning national achievements.

Do you Remember that 97% of all polling station oooh i mean Schools are now Electrified??

And That all primary schools eill have laptops and a computer Lab with Ultra high speed Connection??

Or That Kenya now has all counties Connected by Highway to Nairobi with less than 10hrs Travel time?

Why is there need for a manual back up?

MK254 nimekuwa hapa toka 2011

Toka enzi zile ulikuwa unatumia LawMaina in 2013

I whole heartedly supported Uhuru and voted for him in ....

1482840852106.png

I will celebrate this News if We use BVR kits without Faking Their Failure and creating Back up...

And you should know how much i have celebrated this government ....every day Niko hapa posting pictures of Projects Uhuru is Launching .......

Literally everyday !!

umeingiwa na siasa wee ikakuharibu.
If they had not forced an ammendment into a bill i would keep quite but sitanyamazia hii

This is how people die in kenya

Some few pple change a very minute statement in a law next thing you know people dont accept results

Soon people are hacking each other to death ....

If anything

Am standing up for Kenya

Mind bringing the exact wording of the ammendment here and compare with what had been passed?

Mind bringing the exact wording of the ammendment here and compare with what had been passed?
Why discuss a bill in parliament for 13months and pass it into law and Then just after u have passed it You start to see how bad the bill is ....why??

And The Church, The Imams The opposition and The IEBC itself arent in support only Jubilee

MK254 nimekuwa hapa toka 2011

Toka enzi zile ulikuwa unatumia LawMaina in 2013

I whole heartedly supported Uhuru and voted for him in ....

....................View attachment 450897

I will celebrate this News if We use BVR kits without Faking Their Failure and creating Back up...

And you should know how much i have celebrated this government ....every day Niko hapa posting pictures of Projects Uhuru is Launching .......

Literally everyday !!

Bro this thread has nothing to do with Jubilee or CORD, lets keep that way.

thats exactly what i thought...i read internet penetration somewhere...where does CORD and Jubilee come in?

wakenya hata wakijisaidia kinyessi cha rangi nyingine huwa wanatoka kwenye media kujitangaza waonekane wao wapo juu. ni kiburudisho cha africa nzima hiyo nchi.
hata nyie mngekua na chochote cha kujivunia mngefanya vivo hivo tu...shida kubwa ni ati wakenya wamewashinda kwa mambo yote..sasa midomo yenu imebaki kavu....mnaduwaa na kutunduwaa tu:p:p:p:p although to some extent u have a point...Ethiopia recently commisioned a light rail system but i never heard any Ethiopian bragging...nyie mlifingua BRT ila sikuona bragging kama level ya wakenya...Africa ni wakenya na waNigeria wanaopenda bragging...anyway thats the way it is...

BRCK-Kio-Kit.gif

• US-based cloes provider Akamai has ranked Kenya as the first country in African region with an average connection speed above 10 Mbps that has posted a strong quarterly gain of 43 percent.

• Seven out of 10 Kenyans use the internet, making the country the best penetration in Africa according to data provided by an aggregation website.

A new report published by US-based cloud services provider Akamai also places Kenya first (in African region) in its analysis on the state of the internet in countries and regions in the world. It was ranked 43 globally.

According to Akamai’s report, Kenya posted a strong quarterly gain of 43 percent – the highest in the region—to join Israel and Qatar as the only surveyed countries in the region to have an average connection speed above 10 Mbps. In contrast, Namibia posted an average connection speed of 2.5 Mbps—up 4.8 percent from the second quarter but still more than 10 Mbps below the regional leader.

I agree with the report but the downside of this penetration and its not unique to Kenya but to most 3rd world countries is that, its based on hand held devices meaning mobile phones. for meaningful commercial enterprise to occur among the middle class folks to generate economic traction and meaningful economic gains, the government should strive to make connection to homes and business premises a priority at affordable rates en masse just like in hand held devices. safaricom has tried with limited success jamii telecom plus other operators too!! there is some hope through the new Kenya power business vehicle which is starting a pilot to connect homes and businesses through its viber optic cable business. these guys are sleeping on a gem. they have connected millions of kenyans to electric power and there viber optic cable is carried by the same power grid meaning they could lay viber optic cable to millions of homes and business in a relatively short time! the glitter of hope is they have started though on a snails pace!

Back
Top Bottom