Sorry Mr. President.. Tanzania is NOT IN a "State of Emergency..."

Mzee Mwanakijiji

Platinum Member
Mar 10, 2006
I was surprised yesterday to hear that the President claimed that the country is in a "state of emergency" or "hali ya dharura". I don't remember when was the state of emergency was declared under constitutional process. As long as there is not a declared "state of emergency" according to Emergency Powers Act of 1986.

The president should not be surprised that his subordinates do not take the energy situation in the country as seriously as they should. If he wants people to take the situation seriously he should issue a SE proclamation and direct individuals and institutions (private and public).

Bila kutangaza hali ya dharura hakuna hali ya dharura. Sorry to point the obvious. Na bahati mbaya hali ya dharura haiwezi kutangazwa sirini!

I stand to be corrected.

Attachments

• EP1-1986.pdf
    125.2 KB · Views: 333
I was surprised yesterday to hear that the President claimed that the country is in a "state of emergency" or "hali ya dharura". I don't remember when was the state of emergency was declared under constitutional process. As long as there is not a declared "state of emergency" according to Emergency Powers Act of 1986.

The president should not be surprised that his subordinates do not take the energy situation in the country as seriously as they should. If he wants people to take the situation seriously he should issue a SE proclamation and direct individuals and institutions (private and public).

Bila kutangaza hali ya dharura hakuna hali ya dharura. Sorry to point the obvious. Na bahati mbaya hali ya dharura haiwezi kutangazwa sirini!

I stand to be corrected.

...mkuu hebu fafanua hiyo kitu, ameisema lini? wapi?, kwa ajili ya nini?

Our President speaks, most of the time, just for the sake of it. I doubt whether he puts any serious thinking before he speaks. He has waited until the power situation is getting better to come out with this nonsense.

Huyu hatumshangai kwa sababu ana tabia ya kuiga wakati anaowaiga wanaongoza nchi zao kwa ufanisi na umakini. Anajaribu sana ku-act presidential lakini ukiangalia ni kwamba anafakamia tu.

I stand to be corrected.
..I don't think whether the President meaning was on that basis..What i understood was that the President was not happy with the way his subordinates were handling the emergency /stern measures on the power crisis..
May be Mzee Mwanakijiji ,knowingly or unknowingly you have confused on the CRITICAL situation we are now in to the EMERGENCY situation you are referring to..
Kama utaisoma hiyo Ibara inayompa Rais Mamlaka ya Kutangaza hali ya hatari ..sidhani kama hili la Upungufu wa Umeme linaangukia hapo!!!

..I don't think whether the President meaning was on that basis..What i understood was that the President was not happy with the way his subordinates were handling the emergency /stern measures on the power crisis..
May be Mzee Mwanakijiji ,knowingly or unknowingly you have confused on the CRITICAL situation we are now in to the EMERGENCY situation you are referring to..
Kama utaisoma hiyo Ibara inayompa Rais Mamlaka ya Kutangaza hali ya hatari ..sidhani kama hili la Upungufu wa Umeme linaangukia hapo!!!
If a president is not satisfied with his subordinates he should act and not just seat there and do a nonsensical talk show!

Absolutely it does - in my humble unsolicited opinion - and I believe any legal scholar can easily show that indeed it does.

Nadhani Rais with excitement alikuwa anaongelea ''udharura'' wa kuzalisha umeme wa akina AGGREKO et al.......ambao ana masalahi nao na si ''state of emergency'' ambayo ni ''nchi kuwa katika hali ya hatari'' na sio ''hali ya dharura''

“Tuko katika hali ya dharura na mimi sioni hisia za uharaka wa kuchukua uamuzi na hatua nyingine muhimu za kukabiliana na udharura wa upatikanaji wa umeme na nyenzo nyingi za kuzalisha umeme.

“Hatuwezi kuendeleza kuwa na kigugumizi katika kuchukua maamuzi ya kuitoa nchi katika changamoto kubwa hizi za upatikanaji wa nishati,” Rais Kikwete aliwaambia watendaji hao wa Serikali yake wanaohusiana na sekta ya nishati"

Hayo ndio maneno ya mkuu wa kaya aliyoyatamka ikulu alipokutana na wadau wa umeme, mtu huyu huyu ndiye alimwambia mwandishi wa habari wa BBC huko South Africa baada ya kuulizwa mipango yake ya kumaliza tatizo akajibu kuwa serikali yake haina uwezo wa kutengeneza mvua leo hii ndio anadai haoni hisia za uharaka wa kuchukua uamuzi.

Our President speaks, most of the time, just for the sake of it. I doubt whether he puts any serious thinking before he speaks. He has waited until the power situation is getting better to come out with this nonsense.
Sitachangiii ishu zinazo muhusu Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete. Sipendi ban

Jinsi ilivyoripotiwa ni kana kwamba alimaanisha anashangazwa kwanini watu hawaonekani kuonesha "a sense of urgency" na wanashindwa kufanya maamuzi magumu. Waandishi wetu wanatumia neno "hali ya dharura" au "state of emergency" kama walivyoripoti Daily News bila kujua kuwa maneno hayo ni maneno ya kisheria na yana maana yake yanapotumiwa na RAis. Binafsi ningependa kujua kama Rais alitumia neno "hali ya dharura" which still falls under "state of emergency"..

Ngeleja abaki hukohuko Brazil aliko na WM Pinda. Umeme umetengemaa sana kuanzia katikati ya wiki iliyopita. Alichoongea jana Rais wetu na baadhi ya watendaji wakuu akiwemo Gavana wa BOT, MD wa TANESCO, AG na wengine ni kigugumizi wanachopata kwenye kufanya maamuzi juu ya suala hili. Alisema kasi haitoshi. Dharura alooiongelea sio hii ya KIKATIBA Mwanakijiji.

Jinsi ilivyoripotiwa ni kana kwamba alimaanisha anashangazwa kwanini watu hawaonekani kuonesha "a sense of urgency" na wanashindwa kufanya maamuzi magumu. Waandishi wetu wanatumia neno "hali ya dharura" au "state of emergency" kama walivyoripoti Daily News bila kujua kuwa maneno hayo ni maneno ya kisheria na yana maana yake yanapotumiwa na RAis. Binafsi ningependa kujua kama Rais alitumia neno "hali ya dharura" which still falls under "state of emergency"..

Waandishi wetu wengi ni maamuma......''state of emergency'' ni hali ya hatari na ni lazima RAIS aitangaze ili iwe effective.....''hali ya dharura'' hapa ni katika uzalishaji wa umeme......mfano wa state of emergency ni kama huu
RAIS WA SUDAN ATANGAZA HALI YA HATARI.

jamani..i dont understand why you are trying to 'interprate' wat he meant!alitumia maneno 'nchi yetu ipo katika hali ya dharura..'clearly-a state of emergency!if our president cannot say what he means exactly and has to be interprated in different ways then clearly there is a problem somewhere..perhaps he is not keen enough or hatufai-straight up!

I stand to be corrected.

Technically the country is in state of ermegency, under the current constitution the President can declare state of ermegency whenever he sees necessary to do so, he might consult parliament but he does not need approval from that body; power crisis is threatening the growth of our GDP, the economy is sluggish because manufacturing sector is near collapse due power outage; I think Mr. President is trying address the situation. Also state of ermegency is wide term depending the nature of the problem; president may chose to work with his surbodinates instead of announcing through the media. So lets hope he is seriously this time.
Chama
Gongo la Mboto DSM.

yule huwa anakurupuka tu...isitoshe hiyo jana atakuwa kawsukumia mzigo wengine..........mbona anafahamika yule

A state of emergency is a governmental declaration that may suspend some normal functions of the executive, legislative and judicial powers, alert citizens to change their normal behaviours, or order government agencies to implement emergency preparedness plans. It can also be used as a rationale for suspending rights and freedoms, even if guaranteed under the constitution. Such declarations usually come during a time of natural or man made disaster, during periods of civil unrest, or following a declaration of war or situation of international or internal armed conflict. Justitium is its equivalent in Roman law.

In some countries, the state of emergency and its effects on human rights and freedoms and governmental procedure are regulated by the constitution and/or a law that limits the powers that may be invoked. Rights and freedoms may be suspended during an emergency, for instance, freedom of movement, but not non-derogable rights. In many countries it is illegal to modify the emergency law or the constitution during the emergency.

Back
Top Bottom