Soma Number: 25% of New Skysrapper Construction in Africa are in Kenya

I think Mining and gas production require more steel and metal that they require cement, so maybe you should check the steel industry...

Anyway back to cement, you are even predicted to become the largest Cement producer in Africa, big deal to the cement companies and job creation, but you do know that some of those cement companies are Kenyan or Kenyan based which means sometimes they bring back the cement back to Kenya...

Your production is set to increase to be higher than Kenya in the mid term, but when it comes to building, construction and projects, we are talking about Consumption...and when it comes to consupmtion, no one beats us in the region, not tanzania, not ethiopia....

Tanzania Domestic consumption is/was projected to rise to 3.9Million tonnes in 2016/17

Tanzania set to be one of Africa's top cement producers
He said the current production capacity in the country is 3.8 million tonnes per annum, but it is expected to more than double to 8.3 million tonnes per annum in the near future. Domestic consumption is also projected to increase to 3.9 million tonnes per annum from 2.25 mtpa.

While on the other hand, Kenyas production in 2015 was 5.84 million metric tonnes while consumption was 5.23 million metric tonnes

KENYA - Cement consumption up in 2015
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics data show the consumption of cement reached 5.23 million metric tonnes in November, slightly higher than the 5.19 million metric tonnes that was used throughout 2014.
High uptake of cement indicates heightened activity in the construction sector, KNBS said.
The data show construction sector grew by 11.3 per cent in the first quarter of 2015 compared to a growth of 7.6 per cent in a similar period in 2014.

------
So all your different priorities still don't match up

If you need more proof to swallow

https://www.trademarkea.com/news/kenya-leads-east-africa-in-infrastructure-development/
Kenya led the East African region in infrastructure deals struck in 2015, according to a new survey by financial consultancy firm Deloitte. The African Constructions Trends Report shows that Kenya accounted for 20 of the regions 61 big-ticket projects followed by Ethiopia with 12 projects. The report indicates that growth in shopping malls, commercial office development and the ongoing rail project are the biggest areas with the large construction works. The burgeoning middle class, coupled with the promise of high yields also whet investors’ appetite for retail, entertainment and lifestyle facilities in Kenya and Tanzania, resulting in investment in modern office parks and hotel space.
And that's all you can think off, that gas and mining requires steel than cement. How will they build LNG cooling plant, how will they make terminals in deep sea heavy enough to withstand currents, how will you build port for docking large gas tanker's. How about houses for the staff, roads into the area, how can they make a mine safe or harden up the passage into the mine pit so that huge mining truck and machineries can pass easily all year round. Any clue?

The image below contradict what you posted before. To be honest, it doesn't matter who produce more than the other, every country in East Africa need infrastructure development.

b806d60e9b59d21e32d12c12526a6fd2.jpg

Kenya Cement Production | 2005-2017 | Data | Chart | Calendar | Forecast

For a long time In Tanzania we had a culture of building our houses with the little we had. From financing the project, to planing, to contracting the builders and so on. Unlike Kenya where you have real estate developers who buy land and build several quarters before selling them through bank mortgages. But we're changing too, the number of real estate development in Tanzania is increasing day by day, people are into mortgages nowadays. The consumption of cement in Tanzania will continue to increase because is needed to build, Bagamoyo port, another port in Mtwara, Zanzibar port, refurbish old airports and build new airports as well, build our capital city, iron ore mining, uranium mining, nickel mining more roads and more flyovers more bridges etc. All in the name of development, and guess what, we really need that infrastructure development like there is no tomorrow.

Yes, i also did stop sababu niliona hivyo ni kuishusha hadhi Nairobi, Kwenye Nairaland, tunapambana na J'oburg na Lagos, sasa hapo ndio league! By the way, many Nigerians agree that Nairobi is beating abuja pants down and confirms how much a head we are compared to them when they have been mining oil for decades!!
thank goodness you didn't say Lagos

Hahaha,namba bado mtaisoma tena sana na sanaThe Developers have released more info

Structural Engineer
gibb.jpg

Technology Solutions
srm.jpg

Architect
msa.jpg

Fire consultant

trident.jpg

Map.jpg
88 Nairobi

By Lordship Africa

30514522811_326e095cd5_b.jpg

88 Nairobi is a landmark residential development, which is located in the rapidly growing regional business hub for East Africa. Excellent location set in the midst of the business traveler’s destinations and major landmarks.

The total size of the land is approximately 0.9 acre and is situated on the corner of Bishop’s Road and 4th Ngong Avenue. The plot can be accessed via Fourth Ngong Avenue which feeds off Ngong Road. Ngong Road forms a primary link to all of the adjacent precincts.

88 Nairobi is a unique residential development that will set new standards in both Upper Hill & Kenyan market. The proposed Residential units will be designed to international mid-high market standards.

The design is contemporary, impressive, simple proportions, open layouts, good natural light, and natural air ventilation. The design shall emphasize a strong indoor and outdoor living connectivity suitable for middle and upper market clientele.

88 Nairobi will be a residential development consisting of 2 bedroom, 1 bedroom and studio apartments, social amenities such as meeting & facility rooms, garden level lounge café and convenient store, children play area and running track on podium level, indoor pool, gym, spa and wellness, Turkish Bath, 30th floor terrace with a splendid view of Nairobi, Sky Club Lounge and above ground valet parking.

Two bedroom flats shall be designed in a way that individual owner will have the option of splitting the flat into one bedroom and studio units.

Unit distribution per floor shall be as follows:

Floors 5 - 6: Duplex 2 and 3 Bedrooms
Floors 7-28: Executive fully furnished 2 bed, 1 bed and studios
Floors 31 – 38: Unfurnished VIP 2 bed, 1 bed and studios
Floors 39 – 40: Duplex Penthouses

thank goodness you didn't say Lagos
Read again

Lagos is Trash

Men of Lagos are Trash

Women of Lagos are Trash

Men especially Are trash
1485251039362.jpg

I had the Opportunity to visit Naija at the last quater of 2016 and my oh my

I rushed and deleted my Nairalnd account and never commented in that section

Kenya let alone....Tanzania is miles ahead of Lagos and Nigeria in General No offence But u Nigerians Talk alot Online!!

Read again

Lagos is Trash

Men of Lagos are Trash

Women of Lagos are Trash

Men especially Are trash
View attachment 463290

I had the Opportunity to visit Naija at the last quater of 2016 and my oh my

I rushed and deleted my Nairalnd account and never commented in that section

Kenya let alone....Tanzania is miles ahead of Lagos and Nigeria in General No offence But u Nigerians Talk alot Online!!

You're funny af for saying that. The revenue generated by Lagos is more than what Nairobi has (not by skyscrapers) and btw you haven't heard anything about the Eko Atlantic city I guess.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-01-24-12-50-38.png
    Screenshot_2017-01-24-12-50-38.png
    85.4 KB · Views: 83
That's the progress of the Eko Atlantic city right there, Will post more updates

Attachments

• EKO ATLANTIC VIDEO FEEDS - Page 10 - SkyscraperCity.mp4
    4.4 MB · Views: 48
Some progress

Attachments

• 15253109_251503335268299_151183647683117056_n_zpsvq8jfpiy.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 74
  • 15056243_10154670680103582_5875824210784403739_n.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 72
  • 14568182_899627893503592_441101449198989999_n.jpg
    14568182_899627893503592_441101449198989999_n.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 224
Some newly completed buildings here and there. Too bad I can't post much here

Attachments

• 14582276_1114914921936846_8697954471193346048_n_zpsljvui2co.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 94
  • rCJXgRp.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 31322327680_84e40b0bc8_c.jpg
    31322327680_84e40b0bc8_c.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 164
orina u have been here since i joined ....am not starting comparisons and photos am above that now i post nairobi photos just to appreciate the fact!!

Secondly Nigeria invited us for a conference in lagos last year
The invitee
It picked us up from the Airport 5hrs Late
No food
And the conference was the shittiest on i have attended so far it looked like a Kenyan wedding Poorly done tents ...i expected a conference hall

I swear if ever invited to west africa i will only go to ghana

Nigeria was a shit show

But there was progress u have slightly more Expressways than Kenya and More Buildings than Nairobi and the Humidity ...oooh it was the worst ...open air fish market with fish and all soughts of animals and insects i nearly puked .....

But ur women Got ass....hapo mko

And tell them to take off the weaves !!!

And if u invite people for a conference please familiarise urselves with ur guest home country ...

It was soo embarrasing when some speaker came up to stage and started A speech about Dairy Farming with soo much pride isaying Nigeria was a reader ...he didnt realise he was supposed to invite a kenyan to take over the speech Halfway through!!...it was soo bad

And People in Nigeria Calling Their fellow Nigerians Flat heads!!! Smh

It was so degrading!!

Anyway if that what u have is a
500bn$ economy

I wonder what Kenya will look like when its a 500bn$ economy

We will be Faaaaaaaar

Kuwa na jengo refu does not work for the poverty reduction in Kenya that's the twisted mind's way of interpretation of economics wellbeing to the country after all Dar is all times permanent beautiful than kiberas owner and mungiki hotbed headquarters

Back
Top Bottom